• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LV SHO

did the VTA mod, swapped out the '10 Taurus side badge for the '13 SHO badge, and plastidipped the wheels ... grille, fog surrounds, and chrome getting dipped next.

TSS

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

thatsmrgimp2u

Finally got that back BOV recir tube off yesterday. What a pain... No way I could get pliers back there. Finally got it with a socket, socket wrench, and some wire strippers.... Lol

Itching to install my RX cleanside, 3bar map, downpipes, and meth. Looks like we are finally going to have some good weather coming here in Ohio.
2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

BiGMaC

Getting the SHO pro detailed today including engine bay and full interior... removing minor (thanks to the CQuart) scratches from careless people, UGH...  Waiting on my RX stuff....

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SHOdded

I sense another pictorial in our future, BiGMaC!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TSS

I tested out the performance feature on the gauge this morning. Ignore the quarter mile and 1/8 mile times, as I simply hit 60 and then hit the brakes and then coasted  a quarter mile.

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Brucelinc

Your 0-60 time is excellent - and pretty consistent with your other measurement tools.  That makes me think that when the gauge says you are only spiking to 11 PSI of boost, it is being very pessimistic.  I think you are making more boost than that.

I can't wait to get my gauge!

BiGMaC

TSS... Very Cool!

Manu... Not too quick... got a few underhood mods to complete... But obviously you know what an appearance nut I am and how much I like to take pics of the car!   LOL

SwampRat

Quote from: DJE624 on June 25, 2013, 01:06:27 AM
Oh no!  Another secret mod!  Can't wait for this one.

It's one of those ... If I told you , I'd have ta killed ya  MODS

TOP SECRET !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

TSS

YEah,  I also think it is interesting Bruce in light of my boost readings.what is nice is that the mycal readings, g tech readings, and Aero force readings are extremely close For 0 to 60.

Brucelinc

Quote from: TSS on March 15, 2014, 11:34:07 AM
YEah,  I also think it is interesting Bruce in light of my boost readings.what is nice is that the mycal readings, g tech readings, and Aero force readings are extremely close For 0 to 60.

Yes, you have confirmed the accuracy of the 0-60 by using 3 different tools.  I don't think we get accurate boost levels from the ECU.  However, it is still useful from a comparison perspective.  When I get my gauge, I am going to check out some numbers with my current tune, then return to stock and run the same numbers.  As soon as the winter is over, I plan to try a different tune so I can compare those numbers, too.  Data is our friend!

TSS

Keep us posted.  Great idea on returning to stock and comparing.