• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorhead

New 2014 Ford PI EB Sedan - Trim upgrade. Dressed up that bare bones stripper appearance with 18" full wheel covers. Hub caps and black steel nice, but this looks a little more.....retail. Before and after - real high tech!

FoMoCoSHO

I cannot lie to a law enforcement officer.

I like the steelies better.

I've even considered rocking them in the winter.

DJE624

I too like the steelies better.  Don't forget to dress the tires.

68_GT

steelies ! or at least paint those hub caps black, it's the plain silver color that really kills the look.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

SwampRat

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

motorhead

My son sent me email from college after I sent him photos of 18" wheel covers. His reply - "It just looks wrong". Will see if the wheel covers can take the exit ramps. If not, back to steelies. Thanks.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: motorhead on March 12, 2014, 09:35:31 PM
My son sent me email from college after I sent him photos of 18" wheel covers. His reply - "It just looks wrong". Will see if the wheel covers can take the exit ramps. If not, back to steelies. Thanks.
Wanna trade grilles?

FoMoCoSHO

Would you mind taking some interior shots, especially the front console and gauges?

Joleat

I vote for the steelies with painted center caps. I once had a black V8 AWD Explorer with Cragar Soft 8s and chrome Ford center caps. A lot of people thought it was a LEO vehicle. I regret getting rid of it before painting the center caps. Actually, I regret getting rid of it period. It was a perfect 2nd vehicle. 302 V8, AWD, regeared with 4.10LS, add-a-leaf, 31" A/T tires, painted grille, exhaust, etc. Enough about the 'Sploder. Rock the steelies!
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

slideoil

Cut this for the back window. My first completely amateur attempt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

glock-coma

Quote from: slideoil on March 13, 2014, 09:14:18 AM
Cut this for the back window. My first completely amateur attempt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Looks familiar
geswek's vintage washout

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

TSS

Did this yesterday - installed Areoforce Gauge).  I posted the photo in another thread, but it  seemed appropriate for here  too.   ONCE I figured out where I wanted to put it and how I wanted to secure it - the actual job took 20 minutes.  Great solution if somebody wants a plug and play boost gauge.  Mike has them in his store here. :)

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

MeanKS

EXCELLENT JOB TSS!

how did you secure it, double-sided tape?
MKS-EB...

TSS

I did not use the the autometer angled rings I had bought off eBay, which was my original idea. 

I used 3M Indoor/Outdoor tape (the heavy duty red kind)  directly on the bottom of the gauge itself. It is obviously rounded on the bottom , but even so the contact patch is good.  Of course before applying the tape, I cleaned the bottom of the gauge and the black plastic I was applying the gauge to with rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball.  Then I dabbed some clear silicone (RTV) on the two small bolts protruding from the rear side of the gauge and stuck it firmly against the clear plastic on the OEM gauges.  So, there are really 3 contact areas - the main one being the 3M tape. 

I used a plastic putty knife to create a gap between the clear plastic and the black plastic so I could slide the cable through.  I had to lower the steering wheel and jam my hand up in there to reach inward and upward to guide the wire.  Then I ran the cable down inside the steering wheel column and  out the bottom to the OBD II.  I did not need any other tools or have to remove parts to get it done.  The wires are all hidden, which was also a primary objective.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.