• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Well, first I cried about all the rain and mud... and my dirty car on the unpaved road where I live.  :cry1:

But then I got my RX catch can and clean side separator ordered (black of course) and after a lot of talking with Mike and Tracy I made plans to get it installed using braided black stainless AN tubing instead of rubber....  :coolgleam: That definitely raised my spirits!  :thumbsup:

The three weeks wait will seem awful long!  I wonder what kind of trouble i can get into between now and then?  :upsidedown:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

Looking forward to seeing some pics under the hood Tom!

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 03, 2014, 07:53:47 PM
Well, first I cried about all the rain and mud... and my dirty car on the unpaved road where I live.  :cry1:

But then I got my RX catch can and clean side separator ordered (black of course) and after a lot of talking with Mike and Tracy I made plans to get it installed using braided black stainless AN tubing instead of rubber....  :coolgleam: That definitely raised my spirits!  :thumbsup:

The three weeks wait will seem awful long!  I wonder what kind of trouble i can get into between now and then?  :upsidedown:

I guess that means I'll have to get braided RED stainless AN tubing made for me  .....

I'm seriously thinking about deleting the engine cover and removing the Valve covers and powder coat them RED .....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on March 03, 2014, 09:39:33 PM
Looking forward to seeing some pics under the hood Tom!

Dave.. just ask and I try!  Here's one... no catch can yet, but one from the 3/1 hot pipe install I'll get posted later tonight (got internet connection back!)... hot pipe install completed here as far as the pipes themselves..... but there will be more and few tricks.
As always, left click to enlarge the image

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SHOdded

Red valve covers, now we're talking :D  Glad they got your 'net connection back online, BiGMaC, so we can once again revel in pixery!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

motorhead

Washed, clayed, polished and waxed new 2014 Black PI Sedan with 3.5 EcoBoost. Tough to keep clean this winter.

SwampRat

Quote from: motorhead on March 03, 2014, 11:39:53 PM
Washed, clayed, polished and waxed new 2014 Black PI Sedan with 3.5 EcoBoost. Tough to keep clean this winter.
Pics maybe ? ? of your  Interceptor .... Welcome to EBPF .

BPD1151 , has a bad A☆☆ SHO and Protects and Serves ...
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

bpd1151

Quote from: SwampRat on March 04, 2014, 12:06:28 AM BPD1151 , has a bad A☆☆ SHO and Protects and Serves ...

Why thank you! :thank you:

I agree...... pics are necessary :ok:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

DJE624

Tonight, I pulled my tail light, again, to get the condensation out of it.  Next, I am going to put my stock air box back in.  I have had a raspy noise when accelerating slowly ever since I put the Typhoon in.  I think it may be the turbos spooling up.  I know there is nothing vibrating. It might be fine for others but, I don't like it.  With my pipes and VTA, I think I'll have plenty of performance sound. 

REDSHOCGO

Hmm I have the typhoon and vta and havnt noticed any abnormal sounds...I plan on going back to recirculation soon just because the noise fluff imo seems like it should belong in those Japanese cars.
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

C42go

New 2014 SHO OWNER... seeking info about Navigation.  My question (perhaps placed in the wrong section) is as follows. My car came with the mft/sync, etc., etc but NO NAV system. Im wondering if I sourced a Nav unit from another Taurus, would it be like plug/play in my vehicle?   

Or is it that the wiring harness for a nav. unit may not be present in my vehicle?  Any info on this would be greatly appreciated

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: C42go on March 06, 2014, 09:16:20 AM
New 2014 SHO OWNER... seeking info about Navigation.  My question (perhaps placed in the wrong section) is as follows. My car came with the mft/sync, etc., etc but NO NAV system. Im wondering if I sourced a Nav unit from another Taurus, would it be like plug/play in my vehicle?   

Or is it that the wiring harness for a nav. unit may not be present in my vehicle?  Any info on this would be greatly appreciated

First, Welcome to EBPF!!
:hi:
Glad you signed up!

We just went through this issue on a new 2013 F350... Apparently the hardware is actually installed in all the trucks (and I am assuming cars) as an assembly line cost saving issue, but our dealer found out that the flash of the sync system to enable the nav  it is NOT something a dealer (or appaently anyone outside Ford factory plants) can do.... we ended up taking one new truck back and getting another one with navigation (our dealer took care of us!). 

There are threads here indicating that replacing the control unit with one from a navigation enable car might work, but I don't know if anyone has actually tried.

Alternatively, get the sync destinations app for your smartphone from ford... It will get you turn by turn instructions by using it and just plug it it or Blu-tooth pair it to your car... Not quite as good.. but a cheap and easy process.
You can evaluate the option starting here: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/destinations-app-sync-myford-touch

C42go

Hello and thanks for the info.  The unit ive sourced is from a TAURUS WITH NAVIGATION, so I assume it's navigation unit was working when removed... at least,  im being told it was working when removed.

So, if my car (which did not come with navigation) actually have the harness in back to support a nav unit, don't you think it stand to reason that this SOURCED NAVIGATION should just plug right in and work?

BiGMaC

Quote from: C42go on March 06, 2014, 12:45:54 PM
Hello and thanks for the info.  The unit ive sourced is from a TAURUS WITH NAVIGATION, so I assume it's navigation unit was working when removed... at least,  im being told it was working when removed.

So, if my car (which did not come with navigation) actually have the harness in back to support a nav unit, don't you think it stand to reason that this SOURCED NAVIGATION should just plug right in and work?

What I believe you need to verify is the actual presence of the GPS antenna/transponder at the other end of the harness and that the plugs are compatible with the sourced unit,....without those the car can't run the Ford navigation. I'm sorry, but I don't know where it's located in our cars.  If this and the connecting harness are present I believe a new sync/MFT unit  with nav should function.  I'd verify compatibility of year models also and research compatibilities plus ability to update... In the '13+ units they update over the air for instance.

Hope this helps. Hope someone more knowledgeable than I chimes in.