• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 19, 2014, 10:56:41 AM
Quote from: DJE624 on February 19, 2014, 09:45:10 AM
Today, I set a date to get my resonator put back in Friday.  AND, ordered a 3 Bar Sensor and 3 Bar tunes!  Yeehaw! 

Quote from: 68_GT on February 19, 2014, 10:48:41 AM
details  who ? what ? when ? where ? and most importantly why ?! :)

Dave... Re: 3 bar sensor. Are you running a significantly increased boost?  I know your not doing meth.... or are you planning to....?

Quote from: 68_GT on February 19, 2014, 10:47:02 AM
I don't like that the LMS XV1 tune has been put off either for a long time, or possibly forever with out meth. I'd buy support mods if needed to run it. I just want to run boost to redline my SHO leaves me wanting on the highway after 5k rpms. Maybe that will change with the release of larger direct injection fuel injectors possibly this year and some other fuel deliver modifications. Seems like there's just not enough demand for our cars to justify the additional time to work on our tuning. 

You may want to check on a 3 bar tune.  That's next in store for me.  I thought that the latest tunes for 13-14's were equivalent to the Stage 4+.  4+ will hold the boost out longer. Our turbos are controlled by torque demand.  If you are boosting over 14.5 the ECU can't read it and holds steady.  With a 3 Bar sensor, your ECU can read boosts above 14.5 and supply more fuel.  That may get you where you want to go.

EDIT-And yes, I am running a custom tune that has higher boost below 2K and over 5K based on my dyno at LMS.  No meth for me.

Snacks15

Probably not as exciting as everyone else but I used my manual shift mode for the first time today.. I sucked at it of course but hey im young lol.
Theres no time like SHOTIME!!

SwampRat

Not today but last night ,   Close enough  .... Ordered a 3Bar Map sensor .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

panther427

Ordered the Livewire TS from unleashed
Getting silicone caps for the intake from glock coma
Ordered punisher sticker ford emblem overlays from WX SIGNS

Thanks to all
2013 SHO

DJE624

Got my 3 Bar today!  Tunes should be showing up tonight!  First thing in the morning the third cat and resonator go back in.

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on February 20, 2014, 08:51:29 PM
Got my 3 Bar today!  Tunes should be showing up tonight!  First thing in the morning the third cat and resonator go back in.

I'd be very interested to see the following comparison if you have time and energy to do it.

Data via torque regarding performance (0-60 etc), virtual dyno, and boost levels for:
•current tune with 2BAR
•current tune with 3BAR
•new tune with 2BAR
•new tune with 3BAR

TIA and understand if time doesn't permit...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

You can't run 2 Bar tune with 3 Bar Sensor and vice versa.

68_GT

Quote from: DJE624 on February 20, 2014, 08:51:29 PM

Info I got from Anthony at LMS RE: 3bar MAP tunes.

Reason for the 3bar tune. He sent me a new 93V7CW tune. Any idea what the "CW" is ?

Your vehicle may allow for more boost if it sees fit.  The vehicles base boost off of torque on the ecoboost platform so every vehicle can vary depending on climate, barometric pressure and so on. 

they sent me that new tune today but not to include running a 3bar MAP. I guess he missed my request to include that to see if it will make any difference.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on February 20, 2014, 09:19:22 PM

The "AHA!" moment for me!  Thanks Dave

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

CW is the cold weather tune.  I don't know why you would need that in Houston. There may be other tweaks to it from the previous version.

DJE624

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 20, 2014, 09:43:00 PM
Quote from: DJE624 on February 20, 2014, 09:19:22 PM

The "AHA!" moment for me!  Thanks Dave

Saves me the trouble of running all those tests you requested.  :clown:

Kolk1

Well, I guess ill have to do another update once its all shown up, but I have been ordering parts lately.

Already here, H&R Springs, And rear camber bolts just in case.

Ordered and on the way: EBC Slotted Rotors, EBC Yellow Stuff pads, and steel braided lines. Also doing a complete brake fluid flush.

Should make for a fun day out in the garage once it all gets here. :D I plan to also clean and paint the calipers black with that high gloss caliper paint, at the same time. Nothing fancy, just clean them up a little.

SRT82ECOBOOST

Finally got that the rear BOV to VTA and the noise level is much louder now and I think I like it.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Brucelinc

I just installed a set of SP534 plugs in my MKS with 46,000 miles.  The old plugs looked good and the gaps hadn't eroded as much as I expected.  They were all around .038.  I have been running the LMS tune for about the last 12,000 miles.  The car ran fabulously on the old plugs and runs equally well on the new ones.  The roads around here are so snow packed, I couldn't get on it but the overall idle quality and smoothness is perfect.

Overall, while good maintenance, I doubt if I gained anything.  However, the pleasure of fondling the private parts of the 3.5 Ecoboost powerplant made the job worthwhile.  For $24 at O'Reilly auto parts, I spent about an hour doing something I enjoy.    ;D

Larrylu

Quote from: Brucelinc on February 22, 2014, 01:53:12 PM
I just installed a set of SP534 plugs in my MKS with 46,000 miles.  The old plugs looked good and the gaps hadn't eroded as much as I expected.  They were all around .038.  I have been running the LMS tune for about the last 12,000 miles.  The car ran fabulously on the old plugs and runs equally well on the new ones.  The roads around here are so snow packed, I couldn't get on it but the overall idle quality and smoothness is perfect.

Overall, while good maintenance, I doubt if I gained anything.  However, the pleasure of fondling the private parts of the 3.5 Ecoboost powerplant made the job worthwhile.  For $24 at O'Reilly auto parts, I spent about an hour doing something I enjoy.    ;D

OOOOH!  You make it sound so naughty.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro