• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

Quote from: Snacks15 on January 25, 2014, 03:45:10 PM
Quote from: Larrylu on June 23, 2013, 01:12:38 PM
Voila. I'm happy with the look. Don't know about the young guy label.....I think I was the champion "Old Guy" on the other forum and I don't seem to be getting any younger. LOL
I do like your paint on the razor bars though. It's different. I like your tires too!
this looks pretty good .. how long did it take and what did you use??....sorry if im a little late lol

Thanks Snacks I'm glad you like the way it looks. I'm assuming you are referring to my blacking out my upper grille except for the Ford oval.  I did it so long ago, I'm going to have to strain a bit to remember details. Basically I wanted to get an OEM flat/satin look and I wanted something more permanent than Plastidip. I found Dupli-color OEM flat black in a spray can and followed all directions like roughing up the surface a bit with a green Scotch pad and wiping down with mineral spirits before spraying. I masked carefully and that took the most time. I also stuck some cardboard behind the grille to keep the radiator protected. I put at least four coats on and let it dry for an hour or more before pulling tape and paper off.  It's an easy afternoon job if you like to take your time.  It has been done a long time now and time has proven out the durability. I also have not tired of the look so I'm still glad I did it.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

dcpatters

Installed 3 bar MAP, updated 3-bar MAP sensor tune from LMS, and some Torco in the tank.
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

BiGMaC

Freakin nothing done for my baby today... dug trenches, pulled wire and laid conduit for 300" as well as wired the barn...  :black_eye:   BUT.. it will keep my wife from griping about my mods!  :biggrin:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Darkside

Used my rear bumper as a plow.  Luckily it was fluffy snow but damnit opening a garage to see a foot of snow is a crappy feeling.
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

SwampRat

DAMN that LOOKS Great ! !

Quote from: DJE624 on January 22, 2014, 08:13:44 PM
Window Surrounds and Trunk Lid Spear Wrapped

Joe The Fire Guy did it again!  Great job on the window surrounds and spear!  It was a tougher job than we thought.  A lot of trimming little corners, etc.  Thanks Joe!

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

DJE624

Today, since it is my Sunday, (Sunday morning right now for me.)  I thought I'd get a couple things done that I've been wanting to do.  First, I got a wash.  It wasn't too bad but what the heck.  Then, I finally got the BOV VTA done.  I got some 1" rubber chair leg caps at Walmart last night and just put them in.  Was pretty easy.  I left the hose on the back BOV because I just couldn't get to it.  When I get the down pipes in, I'll have the guy rip it out for me.

Oh yeah!  I also put my Ford Motorsports lettering in the rear 1/4 windows.  I like it for now.  It goes with my windshield banner.

BiGMaC

Looks sharp... and now VTA.  Good Job Dave!

I stopped at the neighbor today (the car wrap guy)  learned a lot about the materials used, types and ways to work with it. BTW, here's a tip... don't buy precut.... buy sheets and work the irregularities off the surface into the extra then trim... He gave me some flat black and tools to apply to my window surrounds..... so I did one side. Definitely much easier and perfect appearance!    This is MUCH easier to work with than laminex film (still has 5 year warranty)... It did to my black ride exactly what I saw in Dave's... the whole car looks sleeker and lower without the fat waistline....... anyway, I pulled it off.

So he's getting me some gloss black and I'll do the window surrounds... I love what it does for these cars... thanks to Dave for trying it first! 

Neighbor will do my tails again himself due to multiple compound curves

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

DJE624

Sounds good!  Friday morning, I'm going to see Busyman to get a little touch up and the new rear oval put on.  Then, the exterior ought to be in pretty good shape.  Still waiting for a shipping notice on the pipes.  I'd like to get those in next week! 

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on February 05, 2014, 08:35:30 PM
Sounds good!  Friday morning, I'm going to see Busyman to get a little touch up and the new rear oval put on.  Then, the exterior ought to be in pretty good shape.  Still waiting for a shipping notice on the pipes.  I'd like to get those in next week! 

Dave... Hope they appear for you tomorrow!

With everything going on I won't get mine until the weekend of March 1 when it hopefully works for all the temp and dyno testing discussed in the DP questions thread. 

futat2

BIGMacC, Did he say how long you could expect the wrap material to stay on before it starts peeling itself off? I have been wanting to do my front grill and window surrounds since I bought the car. Just seams easer and possibly cheaper to wrap then try to paint or get dipped.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

BiGMaC

Quote from: futat2 on February 05, 2014, 08:47:29 PM
BIGMacC, Did he say how long you could expect the wrap material to stay on before it starts peeling itself off? I have been wanting to do my front grill and window surrounds since I bought the car. Just seams easer and possibly cheaper to wrap then try to paint or get dipped.

5 years for adhesion and color.  Then (or if you change you mind) it can be taken off.
This guy does cars to major trucks and even several car dealerships trucks and vans. He has several employees.....really quite a business... 10 years doing only that.

I forget the 2 types of material, but basically this film is what's called a "cast film" made by spraying the film precursor as opposed to the other type (like Laminex) which is a big glop to start and is rolled out to thickness.  With a hairdryer the caste film literally shrinks itself into place, it "recasts" itself in the shape you apply it to so you don't get the retraction of edges like the Laminex type can do sometimes.... The biggest trick, as I said earlier... use sheets, not precuts for a perfect out come.

SwampRat

Not able to do anything   ... My garage is SHO less and at the Paint Shop.               

This sucks   !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Futat... many businesses trust his film... if your interested i'll find out more for you about the films he uses... here's a few examples:
http://visionitmedia.com/carsandtrucks.php

futat2

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 05, 2014, 09:53:34 PM
Futat... many businesses trust his film... if your interested i'll find out more for you about the films he uses... here's a few examples:

Sound great, Thank you. By the way Where in Phenix are they located? I think I've seen there logo before. For some reason it looks familiar. I grew up in Tempe and go back there once in a wail to visit my parents.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

BiGMaC

Quote from: futat2 on February 05, 2014, 10:39:53 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on February 05, 2014, 09:53:34 PM

Sound great, Thank you. By the way Where in Phenix are they located? I think I've seen there logo before. For some reason it looks familiar. I grew up in Tempe and go back there once in a wail to visit my parents.
Chandler Heights and Recker... 3955 E Via Del Rancho Gilbert, AZ   Brian Kramer... email  visionit@visionitmedia.com  phone 480-279-0957  They do work statewide