• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

I was a balmly 40 degrees in Minneapolis yesterday so I washed my cars in the driveway with a bucket and garden hose.  It is great to get rid of some crud that the car wash misses.

On Saturday, I replaced the blend door motor that had crapped out during our arctic blast last week.  I also installed a new 875 CCA battery.  I am ready for the next stupid-cold blast, although I hope it doesn't come!

DJE624

Looks great Bruce!  Yeah, I'm hoping after last week that the worst is over.  I was tempted to get the hose out yesterday but there is still too much snow and ice in our subdivision.

SHOdded

The MKS looks really nice out & about in the sun!  I just ordered a wrap for the battery to see how much it can improve crank time.  When we were running single digits here, I thought the thing was DEAD!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

black99lightning

2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

DJE624

Today I got the condensation out of my one tail light.  It was kind of a pain.  You have to take the whole assembly out.  I tried using a hair dryer but it wasn't working well.  So, I wrapped part of a paper towel around a pencil and taped it on.  That worked great!  I just reached in there and dabbed the few drops up.  Then I finished it off with the dryer.  It worked best with a funnel.  I shoved the funnel into the bulb holes which fed the hot air deep into the fixture.  The space around the funnel left a space for air to get out and have circulation.  If anybody has that ugly condensation in their lights, this ought to do the trick! 

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

dalum

Changed the oil after driving her hard and putting her away wet.

Installed my v3 tritons and the orange LEDs in one don't work. But they didn't kill my bcm this time with the new adapters so that's great.

I made a high speed slo mo video of the stock bulb vs the led flashing on my iPhone 5s.  It's very easy to tell how fast the led turns on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non-PP SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: dalum on January 13, 2014, 05:50:24 PM
Changed the oil after driving her hard and putting her away wet.

Installed my v3 tritons and the orange LEDs in one don't work. But they didn't kill my bcm this time with the new adapters so that's great.

I made a high speed slo mo video of the stock bulb vs the led flashing on my iPhone 5s.  It's very easy to tell how fast the led turns on and off.

Great! Glad the V3s are working..... I'm still very happy with them.  Based on the experience of you and kbeck the new ford adaptor does the trick. 

Thanks again for the wiring diagrams....... still not getting flashed, including DPS, SO, and 2 PDs.. so I'm gonna leave them bright for now.

Wish I had thought of slow-mo... you should post the vid

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SHOdded

Quote from: DJE624 on January 13, 2014, 03:30:43 PM
Today I got the condensation out of my one tail light.
Do you think the seal on the taillight may be compromised?  That's what the problem usually was on the ole Gen1/2 SHO headlights.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Quote from: SHOdded on January 13, 2014, 06:22:15 PM
Do you think the seal on the taillight may be compromised?  That's what the problem usually was on the ole Gen1/2 SHO headlights.

I'm not sure.  Busyman (my tinter) says that there are weep holes in light fixtures, maybe with little flaps, to let wetness out.  These vents could get clogged.  Mine are pretty new so I don't think if I have vents that they were clogged.    I didn't see any but only took a cursory glance around them.  I did put them in when it was warm out.  Then we had that deep freeze, then a warm up again.  It could have been that any moisture in there congealed.  I'll keep an eye on it.

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on January 13, 2014, 06:54:01 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on January 13, 2014, 06:22:15 PM

I'm not sure.  Busyman (my tinter) says that there are weep holes in light fixtures, maybe with little flaps, to let wetness out.  These vents could get clogged.  Mine are pretty new so I don't think if I have vents that they were clogged.    I didn't see any but only took a cursory glance around them.  I did put them in when it was warm out.  Then we had that deep freeze, then a warm up again.  It could have been that any moisture in there congealed.  I'll keep an eye on it.

The '13 manual discusses this problem and what to do about it.

DJE624

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on January 13, 2014, 08:01:01 PM
Your right!  It's in the '12 manual too! 

...And what could look worse inside a tinted lighting fixture on a car?   :puke:

DJE624

SHOdded