• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash712us

Quote from: kbeck59 on January 03, 2014, 10:27:58 AM
Crash   .. I'm  jealous  ... wish Megan would get on the ball for the 2013+ models
I believe Megan has opened a door of opportunity, now just have to wait to see if someone lets them have a vehicle for fitment.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SwampRat

Member dcpatters is waiting  for a reply from Walter Chen at Megan to use  His SHO for R&D   ... supposed to be sometime soon .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

DJE624

Quote from: crash712us on January 03, 2014, 10:14:01 AM
Coil overs have arrived!

Thanks 4dr for the smoking deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool.  We'll be very interested in your impressions. 

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on January 03, 2014, 11:11:57 AM
Quote from: crash712us on January 03, 2014, 10:14:01 AM
Coil overs have arrived!

Thanks 4dr for the smoking deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool.  We'll be very interested in your impressions. 

Ya' we will!  .....and pics!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

BiGMaC

Going this afternoon to Black Market Racing for the baseline stock AWD dyno... 4:30 planned... Then performance mods begin!   Also hope 4DR will be there...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

DJE624

Good Luck!  You should be right around 300 WHP. 

BiGMaC

Seems like that's what the SHO gen does stock (295-300 WHP)... we'll see. it's for a baseline. I'll post it later tonight. 

I'll be doing hotpipes and downpipes as soon as they come in and dyno at each mod to get a feel for what I'm doing.  Plan a tune after CAI decision or development with 4DR.  He and I will be discussing with Jeremy at BMR this afternoon. Then I can  see what the tune alone does with the mods as well as have the tune built for them.

bpd1151

Baseline averages for the SHO's, range between 277-282whp.

At least for the 10-12's.

I haven't seen any baseline '13+ dyno pulls documented yet.

:popcorn:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

DJE624

Mine was 297.  It's a freak! 

Tom, don't waste money on a dyno pull just for hot pipes. 

BiGMaC

It's a '13.... We'll know in about an hour what is has now.

DJE624

black99lightning

loaded the tune in the Explorer.  What a difference.  BTW, why does the Explorer spin the tires and the SHO doesn't?  The SHO is a nonPP.  Not that I necessarily want it to spin, but I've always thought the SHO is soft down low, even with the 4+ tune.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

crash712us

Installed Megan racing coil overs today, not doing right up as 4dr has pretty adequate right already. However I do plan to read over his again to, as I think there is 1 or 2 key notes that I don't recall seeing. All in all job went pretty smooth, had a couple hiccups on the 1st axle. But the 2nd front axle was done in 1/4 of the time 1st one took. And the rears are super easy.

Driving impression: Well for the 4 miles I have drove normally cause weather is crap, the ride was quite nice and maybe a little to soft with the settings I have them on.

Will report back more in near future as I will be doing front pads ASAP found that out today my pads are nearly all worn out.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SHOdded

:thumb: on the coilovers getting installed.  Original brakes, Chris?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!