• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Quote from: Johng on December 25, 2013, 03:56:55 AM
Ground Force 1.5" rear level with Nitto 305/45/22 tires. The mods begin.
Am I seeing another ROTM entry here?  :D  Nice setup!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Johng

I'm not sure about that but thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiGMaC

Kids gave me a couple of things...
I converted all interior and exterior lights (including trunk and glovebox) to LED... except front sides and turn signals .... front side-markers and switchbacks for front turns next along with an under-hood light projecting "SHO" on to the heat blanket of the hood when open.  Tomorrow I'll put the Laminex tint on the heads and tails..... Pics TF

Johng... Enter your ride. easy!  It's sweet!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

Nice!  I can't wait to see your projection!  Good luck with the tint.  I was going to get my headlights done but I'm afraid of what below freezing temps would do to it.  Might have to wait until Spring for that.

BiGMaC

I'm with you there as far as temp and adhesion... but here it will be 72o tomorrow. 
The inside is really sexy with the new LEDs.  Used 6000K interior so they are the same as the barely blue ambient lighting I like, but still brighter. :coolgleam:

Studying videos on install for Lamin-X...  :read: a little nervous, one of those "you only get one shot" deals and they need to be symmetrical... especially in back. :icon_exclaim:

Oh yea, one thing I learned on the license plate LED lights...   :smartass:  the power strip is uninsulated and all the way across the light pockets with a 2mm break between + and -. The LEDs are metal and larger diameter than the stock bulbs..... So it is EASY to short the circuit across the LED bulb body. I blew fuse #40 under the dash when I installed first time (so tails also were out.).... I had to redo it and added some foam tape over the back of the bulbs..small thing, but a PIA due to crawling under the dash. Didn't hurt the LEDs though.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

DJE624

Keep the tint and the fixture pretty wet.  When it's wet you can still adjust it by peeling.  I think I would align the bottom edge of the tint with the fixture and then wrap it over the top.  Then you won't have to trim the bottom.  13's may be a little different.  You'll kinda have to see as you go but if you keep it wet it should be okay.  Try not to pull it off and on more than once or twice. 

My concern with the weather is that there will still be a micron of water under the tint.  I wouldn't want it to freeze.  Maybe it doesn't matter.  My installer wasn't as concerned as I was.  I wonder how it cures and dissipates any water in between? 

BiGMaC

Thanks for the pointers!

Did you use any tools other than waht they send to get the film all the way down into the crevice between the plastic and the body?

....as far as the trapped water I suspect that the squeegee gets it out, the film breathes, and maybe the adhesive binds the little left, or maybe it's just plain magic!  LOL

DJE624

I mostly used my fingers and a wet microfiber wrapped squeegee.  MJH used a felt edged squeegee.  I used my thumb where the body line continues into the lens. (12) 

I just emailed an installer recommended by Lamin-X.  I asked if he would do it and what concerns he had about the weather. Hopefully, I'll know in the morning.

BiGMaC

BiGMaC

Pulled the trigger on V3 Triton switchbacks (600 lumen) from VLED.  Spoke with them and no compatible V3 for the 194 front side marker... So going with 300 lumen hi-power standard.  They said the side-marker would be a little more orange than the V3.  Got Lamin-X gunsmoke on the heads... So we'll see.  Also upgrading the puddle lights to 600 lumen from factory 30 lumen.  Pics to follow during th job and the V3 install.... Back to Lamin-X!

DJE624

Have fun!  Can't wait to see them!  I heard back from the Lamin-X installer. He wanted the car to sit in a garage for 12 hours to warm up and then 24 hours after to cure.  Looks like I will be waiting for Spring.  He also wants a lot more dough than the other guy I talked to.  Maybe if he throws in my LMS banner that Brandon forgot to send me. HEY BRANDON! 

BiGMaC

Posted some pics of stages the laminex tinting of the lighting on My SHO with and without lights on and in daylight and dark in the MKS/SHO exterior section. Hope is that it will give folks an idea about what to expect with dark tinting as far as appearance and light transmission.  :shades:

DJE624

Made an appointment to get my new wheels on!  A week from today!  It's going to be a long week! 

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on December 27, 2013, 11:19:15 AM
Made an appointment to get my new wheels on!  A week from today!  It's going to be a long week! 

YAY!!!!  :dude:

crash712us

Ordered Megan coil overs this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110