• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: adelsin on November 22, 2013, 08:24:05 AM
I miss the bumper indentations. Wonder how to do that with the trunk lid?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I'm lost.  :o)  bumper indentations?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

adelsin

Quote from: BiGMaC on November 22, 2013, 01:54:53 PM
Quote from: adelsin on November 22, 2013, 08:24:05 AM
I miss the bumper indentations. Wonder how to do that with the trunk lid?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I'm lost.  :o)  bumper indentations?

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

BigPelo

3 bar MAP sensor, thermostat, 0.030 gap plugs and 94 octane custom tune are done. Hit 16.5 psi in 3rd gear part throttle. It's snowing right now so no WOT yet.
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

BiGMaC

It's the small things sometimes.

Was PMing with DJ the other day about vanity plates... My new one got here a few minutes ago, pity the postperson. So a cold rainy Friday night alone was saved.... :dude:

In AZ, as I guess many states, we have a choice of plate backgrounds... If you care here's the link to all of them: https://servicearizona.com/webapp/vehicle/plates/startChoice.do

Anyway I chose one that I think looks better on the car than the standard one, and bought a matte black metal frame with a thicker bottom piece... which hides the advertisement on the bottom of the plate (you were right DJ!).

As we've all learned it's that attention to detail that goes with our addiction which sets most of us apart. Below is a comparison... to much rain to get a good pic in my tiny garage.

Considering whether to mount a "3.5l TWIN TURBO" badge across the bottom.

DJE624

I like the one on the top.  Just kidding !  It looks great!  I'll bet it looks even better when on, adding a splash of color the the Black SHO.  Well done! 

SHOdded

New plate is nice!  You only get 1 year registration in AZ?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

2Canches

Um wow! Looked @ all the plate colours. Up in BC Canada. You get one. & I think it's ugly

Regular & Vanity

BiGMaC

Thanks Guys!    :thankyou:

There are a lot of styles available in AZ.  Yea, unfortunately, I must agree with you 2Canches about the BC tags.
The fee associated with the vanity plate ($25 over the regular plate fees/year) gets donated to the chosen organization listed on the plate if you choose one other than standard. We also don't have front plates.  This makes the front of the car look better if you get a vehicle that doesn't even have a front license plate holder or, worse indentations and holes in your front bumper.  Also, the state sends 2 plates, so if it gets looking funky there's a back-up.

SHOdded, see what I meant about noticing detail! In AZ vehicles can get 2 years at a time... it's just where I was in the cycle.... all the trailers (horse, utility, etc.) have lifetime AZ plates (no renewal even if sold).

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

I filled her up with 93.  There is a nice area of concrete pavement nearby.  On a roll, She barked when I nailed it, again when the tubos kicked and then into second.  Three barks in one. It was fun!

SHOdded

BiGMaC

Don'tcha just love it when things work... EBs are fun to drive. :thumbsup:

DJE624

LOL  Actually, taking off from the light, the guy next to me thought he was going to merge ahead of me so I went from normal acceleration to nailing it.  Each time it barked the front slid a little to the right.  I was like whoa!   

BiGMaC

You know you loved it... So do I.  They think they are sitting by a big gook-wagon sedan...... then Whoooooooossshhh! Like that right rearview mirror says:

Objects in Mirror are
     too slow