• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

A good quality, lightly moistened microfiber cloth should help clean any "glass"/plastic without streaking.  Assuming no stains/crud of course, but even then, turning to a clean portion of the cloth frequently should work.

If they disconnected the battery, the ECM may be in re-learn mode, hence the peppiness.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

For those interested in CQuart finest or just paint and plastic correction here are the before and after pics of my 2013 SHO. The paint correction was "2.5" steps and included plastic, all glass, wheels, and plastic on B pillars.  Two coats of CQuart finest were applied.  Wills and Dana at Windows and Wheels in Gilbert, AZ (and mobile service too) are factory certified in this and Opticoat.   When you see the "before" pics you'll think I'm terrible with paint, but I use a foam cannon and try not to touch except microfiber drying with just a little quick detailer on the drying cloth.  The scratches were from the dealer repar of chips (part of the purchase deal) and the water spots were under the sealer they applied at the dealer (a common routine dealer practice in AZ). It is amazing the amount of paint damage dealers do.

After Wills was through the paint feels wet, looks wet, and makes me want to try and reach into it... the depth and reflectivity is incredible.  Price with interior detail was $1000 even for about 22 hours work by two people and includes the first detail after 7 - 10 days, which allows them to evaluate the coating and correct if necessary. Very professional, very reasonable, the attention paid is as if it were their car.  The link below is the whole story with pics (the close-up door handle "after pics give you the idea of the depth:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/132346-phoenix-detail-2013-sho-taurus-partial-repaint-water-spots-cquartz-finest/

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

That is just simply amazing!  The metal flake is really popping.  I have to wax my tail lights tomorrow!

SHOdded

Wills' (and his sister's) work is amazing, and I am glad to know he does CQF installs too!  Your car REALLY pops now.  DEEP :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

That's funny I use Wills to wash my cars occassionally :) I'll have them do the CTS-V when I get it for sure.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoPowerParts

Progress on the return to stock. Got to drive the CTS-V over to the shop to have them look at it to make sure there's no problems or accident damage before I sign papers on Monday.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Shonuff1140

Those CTS-V's are nice, I'd have one if I wouldn't end up car poor after the payments.

SHOdded

:thumb: for visibility of your plates, Dave!  2 Nice Not to SHO.

PopolZ

2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

DJE624

I was out walking in the overcast weather and noticed that with the tinted covers on my plates you can't even read them until you are about 20' away.  So, I took them off.  I have a cool plate so I want it to be seen.  Besides, the colors match with the SHO. 

Quote from: SHOdded on November 16, 2013, 01:18:19 PM
:thumb: for visibility of your plates, Dave!  2 Nice Not to SHO.

Thanks Man!  (I redid the post with pics just for you!)

BiGMaC

I'm into vanity plates too.... waiting now..... They do match the car.  And the new tail lights look good in these wider shots too.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SRT82ECOBOOST

Removed the "Taurus" and "SHO-Ecoboost" badging from the rear of the vehicle. Much cleaner look now and starting to ponder if I want to do anything with the rear chrome bar that runs horizontally across the trunk. Maybe having it painted white or vinyl wrapped would do the trick.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

BiGMaC

I removed them too, for the same reason. I guess it's fairly common.  I'm still wondering what to do with the spears and oval because of the one piece construction due to the camera.  I'm considering painting and overlaying the blue oval with a black one.

68_GT

Quote from: BiGMaC on November 18, 2013, 07:51:36 PM
I removed them too, for the same reason. I guess it's fairly common.  I'm still wondering what to do with the spears and oval because of the one piece construction due to the camera.  I'm considering painting and overlaying the blue oval with a black one.

I have an idential '13 as yours. Been thinking to remove the Taurus badge, but keep the SHO and cut the ecoboost off the bottom, then put a black Lincoln Ecoboost bade where the Taurus letter used to be....

Today I installed LED license plate lights. See the stock halogen bulb on the left....superbright LED on the right...

before

after
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

BiGMaC