• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

Took my poor baby in to get the headlights straightened out once and for all. 

EcoBrick Bob

I installed NGK plugs gaped to .30  and then replaced the intake pipe from intercooler to TB with the one with my Methanol spray nozzle.  Pump and boost valve etc goes in tomorrow!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

DJE624

Update from dealer:  They are having the same trouble that I had with the headlight replacement.  There is a conflict where the bulb goes into the lens.  The won't fit in because of internal electrical components in the lens.  At least now, I don't feel so bad not being able to make it work. 

SHOdded

Wow!  This is turning into a major event, Dave.  Hopefully between all the monkeys, there will be one that can type!

Glad you caught that leak.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

And the head light assembly saga continues......

Goodness Dave, are you close to being at your wits end yet?

:doh:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

DJE624

Beyond that Mike.  Never would have dreamed that peeling off tint would turn into a month long, and expensive nightmare.  Why Ford would have two different set-ups with the same part number befuddles me. I'm now fretting about getting new bulbs to fit the assemblies.  That will be more hundreds.

The only bright side is hoping that I will save somebody else the heartache, depression and sheer agony that I have had to go through!  :boom:

EcoBrick Bob

There are lots of items in my Flex manuals that are different but have the same part number.  Depends on the year and model from what I can determine.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

DJE624

Dealer update-Ford has gone to a new headlight design.  The old assembly is not available.  That means if you have to get the new assembly, you will also need new bulbs and ballasts. Should have the car back tomorrow.

Larrylu

Quote from: DJE624 on November 13, 2013, 10:25:57 AM
Dealer update-Ford has gone to a new headlight design.  The old assembly is not available.  That means if you have to get the new assembly, you will also need new bulbs and ballasts. Should have the car back tomorrow.

A really good thing to focus on in this crazy headlight film experience, is that now you have a really nice tail light mod. I will follow your lead there.  Definitely jealous Dave!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

DJE624

Thanks Larry!  Yeah, I'm very happy with the tails.  As soon as I get the SHO back, I'll wax and detail it and get some good pictures. 

SRT82ECOBOOST

I ordered a set of Weathertech digital floor mats for the front driver and passenger seats. Time to protect that carpet.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Needmoreboost

Removed the 2nd/3rd cat after flex piping.  No crossover just 2 straight pipes.  Did not increase exhaust noise at all from stock!  Very happy and only $60 bucks.  Car feels strong although the 42 degree air is helping too.  Lol
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: Needmoreboost on November 13, 2013, 03:04:17 PM
Removed the 2nd/3rd cat after flex piping.  No crossover just 2 straight pipes.  Did not increase exhaust noise at all from stock!  Very happy and only $60 bucks.  Car feels strong although the 42 degree air is helping too.  Lol
I was wondering if this method would turn up the volume on the exhaust note. Guess I am just going to wait for the full custom exhaust next spring.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Needmoreboost

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on November 13, 2013, 03:07:00 PM
Quote from: Needmoreboost on November 13, 2013, 03:04:17 PM
I was wondering if this method would turn up the volume on the exhaust note. Guess I am just going to wait for the full custom exhaust next spring.

Almost all of the gains are made in removing the cats.  Cat back is all just for noise.
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.