• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHODYOU

Ditto...

I finally deleted the pcv vent tube on the front VC and put the k&n breather that Mike recommended on top, also got the oil cap breather from CFM off of ebay that I found mentioned in another thread here.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

mhenne4

Serviced my K&N filter and re-oiled it, grabbed my 2000th (exaggeration) pair of rainx wiper blades, and decided on BF sport comp 2s tires to be purchased on my next paycheck.
2011 Silver SHO with PP
LMS Stage 4+

Fa-SHO

Installed the heat range colder plugs, 170 thermostat and updated tune.  Dropped my 1/8th mile times from consistent 8.38-8.40 to four 8.26's back-to-back-to-back-to-back.  Can't wait to see what the XV1 will do.
2013 SHO w/PP, x-pipe, dynomax mufflers, k&n drop-in filter, 170* t-stat, 3-bar MAP, LMS tune
1/8th: 8.71 @ 84 mph (factory stock)
1/8th: 8.18 @ 84 mph (above mods)
1/4: 12.80 @ 107 mph (above mods)

thatsmrgimp2u

Did my front brakes yesterday, pads and rotors, and wash waxed clay bar today. Cut out the weather stripping in the front of the intake and removed the weather stripping from the back of the engine bay completely.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

DJE624

Lookin' good!  That's an interesting idea, removing the rear weatherstripping from the hood.

thatsmrgimp2u

Should help to let hot air escape there. I hope that's all it does... Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

TuxedoSHO

Just ordered new rotors and pads, spark plugs, a set of trunk lift supports, winter floor mats, double sided tape for my keyless entry antenna, and an air freshener (really excited about the air freshener). Hopefully everything arrives by the time i get home next weekend so i can throw on all of the above as well as my winter tires.

2010 Taurus SHO, Rapid Spec 402A, Non-PP
K&N CAI, Livernois Catted Downpipes, Corsa Catback, Livernois Stage 4+ X Tune, EBC Slotted Rotors, EBC Red Stuff Pads, LMS 160* Thermostat, 3 Bar Map Sensor, Colder NGK  Iridium Plugs, BOV VTA,
20" TSW Nurburgrings Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 15% 3M Tints All Around, Tinted Tail Lights, Dipped Tail Light Chrome, Grille & Fogs
Best Time Yet: 12.76 @ 107MPH

DJE624

Got the new red surround tail lights in.  No more peeling chrome. 

mjhpadi

Look good Dave...only thing I got accomplished was ordering new tires for the Explorer.....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

EcoBrick Bob

I have driven the "hell" out of my Flex.  1,500 mi in 2 days.  RAIN...RAIN...RAIN...  Today from Macon thru Valdosta, GA it was so bad at times drivers were using their flashers and driving 50 mph.  Been years I have driven in rain that hard for that many miles.  Like being in a perpetual car wash!  One time when I was running around 65, the T/C squiggly came on, and before I realized I was sorta skating on a water film...  It was faster than me!!!  Hit other deeper puddles that pull one left or right, but none of those set off the T/C...
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

SHOdded

Quote from: DJE624 on November 01, 2013, 06:32:33 PM
Got the new red surround tail lights in.  No more peeling chrome. 

Looks like it belongs there, Dave!  I hope they hold up for you :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Quote from: TuxedoSHO on November 01, 2013, 03:41:28 PM
Just ordered new rotors and pads, spark plugs, a set of trunk lift supports, winter floor mats, double sided tape for my keyless entry antenna, and an air freshener (really excited about the air freshener). Hopefully everything arrives by the time i get home next weekend so i can throw on all of the above as well as my winter tires.

What brakes/sparks/etc did you end up going with?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHODYOU

Did the vent-to-atmosphere mod... well sorta

Did the front bov cause its so easy to get to, took a quick drive and while it is louder I'm not sure if its the placebo affect or if its really louder.

I'm aware that if I do the rear it'll be even louder, but its a lot more trouble amd I'm not sure its worth it. May just reconnect the front one and call it good.
The K&N cai is loud enough i guess lol
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

geswek

I'm in the same debacle SHODYOU.

Trying to decide if I want to put my hoses back on (I didn't both).

The problem I have is that it blows off even with little throttle so it sounds funny LOL.

With both it's DEFINITELY louder--I do it in town and it causes people to turn around and look LOL.

TuxedoSHO

I ordered EBC slotted rotors and Redstuff pads, but ended up getting a call back. Apparently they're 2 weeks out on the rotors. I was planning on getting everything installed next week as I want to get off of my summer tires ASAP, so I may end up having them swap out my rotors for stoptech slotted rotors so I can have everything installed in 1 week instead of 3.... Idk.

2010 Taurus SHO, Rapid Spec 402A, Non-PP
K&N CAI, Livernois Catted Downpipes, Corsa Catback, Livernois Stage 4+ X Tune, EBC Slotted Rotors, EBC Red Stuff Pads, LMS 160* Thermostat, 3 Bar Map Sensor, Colder NGK  Iridium Plugs, BOV VTA,
20" TSW Nurburgrings Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 15% 3M Tints All Around, Tinted Tail Lights, Dipped Tail Light Chrome, Grille & Fogs
Best Time Yet: 12.76 @ 107MPH