• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridered74

I put half a tank of gas in mine today. Pretty exciting.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

SHOdded

Quote from: Jordan on October 12, 2019, 09:34:03 PM
Finally put together my crappy footage 11.16 run. Anyways here it is.
That is a-scootin'!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Quote from: Jordan on October 12, 2019, 09:34:03 PM
Finally put together my crappy footage 11.16 run. Anyways here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxJttrXHkKs&t

Upset that nobody can ever film worth a damn and get it in not 360p. At least the boards are mostly readable...

It doesn't get old to see an 11.16!  That's so awesome!  You know I was able to borrow an awesome camera my last time, but also what I did was walk up to the front of the track and ask how close I could get to film.  It was really close.  I brought just one friend and had him come with me so he could see where to film from.  All the while letting the car air cool (didn't bring ice and they were sold out).  We also practiced filming a couple passes of other cars to get familiar with the camera.  All you need is one friend and one camera but walk them through what you want them to do and show them.  I bet you'll get amazing footage next time! 

I got spoiled with Tim's friend Martin filming from day 1 last season.  Since he hasn't been around this season I've hated the cell phone footage of my own...so took matters in my own hands lol!   
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

nickstewartroc

Bought a new battery for the Flex today. Ended up going AGM, always liked them in my bikes, and not much more over a traditional battery. Also decided never to flash a tune again without the battery on a charger, just barely finished flashing my E30 tune before the battery went dead!
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SHOdded

:o Is the alternator working correctly?  May want to see if you can enable dark mode via Forscan.  gjkrisa had posted about it a while back.  Also, the BMS needs some quiet time with the battery to relearn it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Quinid

These dumb Florida tires were shot, so I put my new interceptor wheels with NOKIAN HAKKAPELIITTA R3 SUV winter tires on a little early.

2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

Quinid

I also gave in and bought a used SCT X4 and bought an AJP 93 and E30 tune. Got a little scared during the tuning process. The tuner asked me to turn the Flex off at the beginning of the tune, so I did. As soon as I did, it started modifying with it off, then it turned back on and the wipers and the forward collision light turned on and stayed on during the tune. Now I just wait for the wife to get home from work to help me carry this 6L90 transmission for my LS swap to the garage so i don't tear up the interior during the test haha.
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

nickstewartroc

Quote from: Quinid on October 14, 2019, 06:39:14 PM
I also gave in and bought a used SCT X4 and bought an AJP 93 and E30 tune. Got a little scared during the tuning process. The tuner asked me to turn the Flex off at the beginning of the tune, so I did. As soon as I did, it started modifying with it off, then it turned back on and the wipers and the forward collision light turned on and stayed on during the tune. Now I just wait for the wife to get home from work to help me carry this 6L90 transmission for my LS swap to the garage so i don't tear up the interior during the test haha.

A trick you can do is to pull the wipers off the windshield while tuning, keeps them from dragging across the windshield!
Current:

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

nickstewartroc

Quote from: SHOdded on October 14, 2019, 02:18:59 AM
:o Is the alternator working correctly?  May want to see if you can enable dark mode via Forscan.  gjkrisa had posted about it a while back.  Also, the BMS needs some quiet time with the battery to relearn it.

Yeah the alternator is fine, unsure of battery age, but even having it on a charger it seemed a little slow to start, with the car off the windows would run noticeably slower. The new battery kicks it over much better, and you can barely tell you have it off when you work the windows.
Current:

ZSHO

I reinstalled my DIY breather kit which I  developed many years ago today and capped of the Intake port using a 3/8" plug! The SHO feels much smoother especially @ idle. Z  :) 
FYI- NO issues with clearance while installing the engine cover.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Dropped M off for the 3rd cat and stock resonator removal.  Replacing them will be a large Mangaflow Resonator. 

So the new setup will be PPE Catted DP's into a Magnaflow Resonator into the stock catback/mufflers. I will take before and after videos and post them here.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

Quote from: SM105K on October 15, 2019, 09:00:21 AM
Dropped M off for the 3rd cat and stock resonator removal.  Replacing them will be a large Mangaflow Resonator. 

So the new setup will be PPE Catted DP's into a Magnaflow Resonator into the stock catback/mufflers. I will take before and after videos and post them here.
I'm looking forward to your initial setup! R U using a MagnaFlow 2.5" ! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on October 15, 2019, 09:17:56 AM

I am.  The Magnaflow resonator I am using is the direct one from the Magnaflow catback exhaust for the SHO below.   

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/15769-performance-exhaust-magnaflow-ford-taurus-street-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on October 15, 2019, 09:47:48 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on October 15, 2019, 09:17:56 AM

I am.  The Magnaflow resonator I am using is the direct one from the Magnaflow catback exhaust for the SHO below.   

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/15769-performance-exhaust-magnaflow-ford-taurus-street-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system
Is it done?  I want to hear it
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20