• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TSS

Quote from: DJE624 on October 23, 2013, 01:48:08 AM
Ordered Lamin-X gunsmoke for my headlights and tail lights.  Thanks to MJH for the tips! 

Just a note,  a while back, some guys reported getting spider webbing on their headlights after tinting them.  I have clear tint on my lights and dont have issues.  Theory was that the tinting caused more heat to generate and the spider webbing.  Have not heard a lot about it lately, but tinting definitely looks good.  Post some pics, of course, when it is all done!
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Darkside

Ordered Lamin-X gunsmoke for my headlights and tail lights.  Thanks to MJH for the tips! 
Plan on ordering these as well.  Are those the darkest they offer? 

I also just put on my Sho overlays on the Ford emblems.  Wished the domed would work since you can see the Ford writing faintly through the overlays.
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

DJE624

Quote from: SHOdded on October 23, 2013, 04:59:21 AM
Going stealth, Dave?

LOL With my white car.  I just wanted a slightly more aggressive look on the front end. Thought I'd do the back while I was at it.

Quote from: TSS on October 23, 2013, 09:38:28 AM

Just a note,  a while back, some guys reported getting spider webbing on their headlights after tinting them.  I have clear tint on my lights and dont have issues.  Theory was that the tinting caused more heat to generate and the spider webbing.  Have not heard a lot about it lately, but tinting definitely looks good.  Post some pics, of course, when it is all done!

Hopefully that webbing won't occur.  Will definitely post pics.  Probably next week sometime.

Quote from: Darkside on October 23, 2013, 10:54:09 AM
Plan on ordering these as well.  Are those the darkest they offer? 

I also just put on my Sho overlays on the Ford emblems.  Wished the domed would work since you can see the Ford writing faintly through the overlays.

As far as tint for us goes they only have two shades.  Tint, which is light and Gunsmoke, which is medium.  For other cars they also have one or two shades that are darker.  I did not want to black them out just have a noticeable tint so, I went for Gunsmoke.  MJH has GS on his tails and says you can still see red.  He put Tint on the front. 

Yeah, that was a bummer about the gel overlays.  I'm wanting Black w/ white "Ford" overlays for mine to match the raised letters on the emblem.  But my guy says he won't have our size made until after the first of the year.   

EDIT-If you are going to tint your headlights be positively sure you want them forever.  I took my tint off and discovered some of the UV coating had come off with the tint, ruining the headlights.

ecoboostsho

I have the Laminix tinted film covers on my headlights and while it took a while I did eventually get the spider webbing on my headlights.  I'm not really sure its from the Laminx but you can see it with the headlights on at night...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

mjhpadi

I've had the Lamin-X on my head lamps for over a year now and I have not experienced any "spider webbing".  I would believe the heat from the HID bulbs would contribute to the spider webbing, I would think that the main reason.  Again, I don't do a ton of night driving, but again enough that I think I would see the webbing if the Lamin-X was a contributing factor.  However, my LED "DRL's" have started to fog over...I believe it is because they were inexpensive (cheap) LED strips...I am thinking of replacing them with the brand that bpd used for his accent lighting...if I could remember the brand he used! :hmmm:
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

dmharvey79

Talked to the service rep at the dealership I'm working with today. Apparently the dealership that replaced the steering rack never programmed/calibrated it and that was causing most of the issues I was having. They're still looking into the clicking/clunking sounds in the front end...rather than just replace parts and hope they get lucky. Should have the car back in a day or two and hopefully it will be good to me for a while.

Quote from: dmharvey79 on October 20, 2013, 01:35:32 PM
The car started out with a 'clicking' sound at the front wheel hubs at 10k miles and the steering felt a little funny (as much as it can with electronic steering) at highway speeds. Dealership replaced tie rod ends and steering rack but it didn't fix the problem, even though they said it was fixed. Took the car to another dealership and they installed teflon washers on axle shafts and new wheel hub assemblies. The 'clicking' went away initially but the steering still felt funny and there was new 'clunking' sound from the front end. About this time I started getting AdvacTrac warning popping up and some other funky stuff that seemed to be related to a sensor issue in the steering system. At this point I asked Ford to buy the car back and they refused to work with me. So...now I have it at a dealership that seems fairly competent and hopefully I don't wind up getting stuck with a car Ford can't fix / won't take back. Good times!

I plan to get a detailed explanation when I pick the car up and I'll be sure to post an update.

FoMoCoSHO

My K&n panel showed up to replace my K&N Typhoon HAI

crash712us

From what I can tell there is no rhyme or reason to the spider webbing, did some reading on corvette forum on. And there where guys that had tint head light for many years and lived hot climates and had no issue and there where guys that never tinted and they have webbing. This I do know that solvents will cause webbing in polycarbonates, and I assume the laminx adhesive is safe and does damage the head light if its removed. Best I can figure its manufacture defect in the polycarbonate in not be able to produce a consistent quality of polycarbonate.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

DJE624

FoMoCoSHO

DJE624

Lamin-X shipped my tint in less than 12 hrs.  Now, it's up to USPS from Georgia.  Probably 3 or 4 days.

EcoBrick Bob

Yesterday, I switched back to my ASA AR2 wheels and Conti DW's to drive to FL... They are in better shape than the  TSW Interlagos with my Michelin Pilot Super Sports.  My guess is they are able to run 10K more than the 30K the Michelins will go to the wear strips.  Anyway.. it was windy and the handling was really noticeably different... Michelins don't blow around as much nor do they wander like the DW's...  Maybe I just need to get used to the DW's again... They have always been much better than the stock 20" Goodyear GS-A's.   Personally think the ASA wheels look better on Flex because of the dish.  Nice to be able to have several looks!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

dmharvey79

Got the car back this evening and EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE RIGHT. Hopefully the last 7 months of BS is behind me and it is great to have the steering feel right again (knock on wood).

Quote from: dmharvey79 on October 23, 2013, 08:13:22 PM
Talked to the service rep at the dealership I'm working with today. Apparently the dealership that replaced the steering rack never programmed/calibrated it and that was causing most of the issues I was having. They're still looking into the clicking/clunking sounds in the front end...rather than just replace parts and hope they get lucky. Should have the car back in a day or two and hopefully it will be good to me for a while.

Quote from: dmharvey79 on October 20, 2013, 01:35:32 PM
The car started out with a 'clicking' sound at the front wheel hubs at 10k miles and the steering felt a little funny (as much as it can with electronic steering) at highway speeds. Dealership replaced tie rod ends and steering rack but it didn't fix the problem, even though they said it was fixed. Took the car to another dealership and they installed teflon washers on axle shafts and new wheel hub assemblies. The 'clicking' went away initially but the steering still felt funny and there was new 'clunking' sound from the front end. About this time I started getting AdvacTrac warning popping up and some other funky stuff that seemed to be related to a sensor issue in the steering system. At this point I asked Ford to buy the car back and they refused to work with me. So...now I have it at a dealership that seems fairly competent and hopefully I don't wind up getting stuck with a car Ford can't fix / won't take back. Good times!

I plan to get a detailed explanation when I pick the car up and I'll be sure to post an update.

DJE624

Quote from: dmharvey79 on October 25, 2013, 09:26:20 PM
Got the car back this evening and EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE RIGHT. Hopefully the last 7 months of BS is behind me and it is great to have the steering feel right again (knock on wood).

Glad to hear it!!!!