• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Ah ok.  Yeah the flowers tend to be on the "softer" side.  They do not like kissing curbs.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

76fomoco

Quote from: SHOdded on June 19, 2019, 08:24:52 PM
Ah ok.  Yeah the flowers tend to be on the "softer" side.  They do not like kissing curbs.

hit one in the drive threw the other day ... makes nails on a chalk board sound like fine music....FML was sick to my stomach all forkin day.
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

5ohSHO

Quote from: 76fomoco on June 19, 2019, 09:26:22 PM

hit one in the drive threw the other day ... makes nails on a chalk board sound like fine music....FML was sick to my stomach all forkin day.

Luckily I haven't done that...yet. I'm assuming hitting the massive potholes on I-90 and 83 while doing 80ish mph did the damage. The kind where you look in the rear view to see if something fell off the car. It's kind of strange because if you look at the wheel on or off the car you can't see any damage but if you watch it rotate on a balancing machine then you can tell that it's messed up. Like it isn't perfectly round anymore.

76fomoco

sorry to hear you can open a case with most transportation departments for the cost of the wheel. BUt only if you have time and proof.... and this is not the case for most.
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

shoNoff

Quote from: 76fomoco on June 19, 2019, 09:26:22 PM

Hit a curb myself a few weeks ago. Just makes you want to throw up. Then I purchased new wheels and hit steel cover on the road and blew out both drivers tires. Has not been a good spring summer for tires in my house.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

I just ordered a pair of Curva Concepts Gloss Black C7's........

Hehe....
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

shoNoff

Today I changed my oil to castrol edge, swapped in sp542's and finally got around to installing my catch can I bought from sbs a month or so ago. Only 2 four letter words yelled and one wtf? So it was a pretty successful day. I will say my car runs 100 times better on the sp542's then it did in the ngk 6510's I took out. Sally the wonder dog was no help today.

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on June 24, 2019, 04:32:02 PM
Today I changed my oil to castrol edge, swapped in sp542's and finally got around to installing my catch can I bought from sbs a month or so ago. Only 2 four letter words yelled and one wtf? So it was a pretty successful day. I will say my car runs 100 times better on the sp542's then it did in the ngk 6510's I took out. Sally the wonder dog was no help today.

Yeah I need to send in my old Mobil 1 sample to Blackstone.  I already have 1500 miles on this oil change (Castrol Edge) with my roadtrip last weekend.  So yeah. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Those Curva Concept C7's are pretty slick!  I might switch to Castrol Edge too so I don't feel like an outsider with Royal Purple and all....Sally looks pretty unimpressed with your efforts today Tim...
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on June 24, 2019, 05:12:53 PM
Those Curva Concept C7's are pretty slick!  I might switch to Castrol Edge too so I don't feel like an outsider with Royal Purple and all....Sally looks pretty unimpressed with your efforts today Tim...

I like them, and they are just a touch different at for the price.....I could not pass them up.  I went with the 8.5 inch rims because my tires are still really good, and when I get new ones a 255 squared will give me everything I need.

shoNoff

Quote from: SM105K on June 24, 2019, 04:15:22 PM

Hehe....

Those were on my list on wheels when I was looking. Good choice buddy it's gonna look real nice.

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on June 24, 2019, 05:54:32 PM

Hehe....

Those were on my list on wheels when I was looking. Good choice buddy it's gonna look real nice.

Yeah I wanted the C300's but they are getting hard to find, I found the C7's and shipping was dirt cheap as well, so...let it ride. Might give me a reason to drive the car more. The flowers and chrome are really starting to bug me. So the flowers are gone...Paint Match Chrome Trim, DP's, Upgraded Trans Mounts, and Quad Exhaust Tips are next. Then another run on the rollers.

Only left will be GH Turbos and HPFP and she should be done.....

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 24, 2019, 06:27:03 PM

Hehe....

Yeah I wanted the C300's but they are getting hard to find, I found the C7's and shipping was dirt cheap as well, so...let it ride. Might give me a reason to drive the car more. The flowers and chrome are really starting to bug me. So the flowers are gone...Paint Match Chrome Trim, DP's, Upgraded Trans Mounts, and Quad Exhaust Tips are next. Then another run on the rollers.

I like it how you left a trailing ........after she "should" be done lol!  Sometimes our end game is really just a check point! 

Your car is going to look, sound, drive much better with the blacked out chrome, black wheels, dps and quad tips!  Looking forward to it!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on June 25, 2019, 05:22:06 AM
Quote from: SM105K on June 24, 2019, 06:27:03 PM

Hehe....

I like it how you left a trailing ........after she "should" be done lol!  Sometimes our end game is really just a check point! 

Your car is going to look, sound, drive much better with the blacked out chrome, black wheels, dps and quad tips!  Looking forward to it!

I tend to agree.  I am glad the SHO is getting the bulk of the mods.  I don't drive it as much, and it is satisfying my itch not mod the damn ST anymore.  However,  you are correct Andrew...it truly will be just a check point.  The sickness is getting worse as I get older. I truly just want an anytime 11 second grandpa car, that scares people from time to time.