• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on June 05, 2019, 06:43:32 PM
Since the cooling is relative, if the temperature drop is about 40 degrees from ambient on both center vents, the system is deemed to be working properly. 

So on a hundred degree day, you can expect 60 degree air max.
Thanks my friend. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

FiveLeeter918

Took second place in the SHO class for the 2019 Eureka Springs Mustangs Days Saturday :)

did a full detail, installed my Ethanol Content Analyzer (which seems to be dead :-/), installed EPP hot pipes, and my Flex underbelly cover.

Yesterday I went ahead and installed my new XDI-35 fuel pump and started tuning it. Ready to see what she can do.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

Gjkrisa

Installed new shoes
Michelin pilot sport 3+ 99v 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ecoboostsho

Swapped out the Primary Oxygen sensors as I was inspired by a both 802SHO and SBS and probably a few others...it went much better then I expected because being driven through several MN winters I was expecting the worst but both sensors came right out with just a little penetrating oil.  I did use a crows foot (Tekton) oxygen sensor wrench which worked out awesome.  Also used the aforementioned "shoe lace trick" on the rear which made reconnecting the harness a LOT easier.  I do have one "tip" to add though - if you are using the crows feet on the front sensor (from under the car) and you have a performance pack oil cooler (at least I think that is what it was) be careful not to overrotate the crows foot when you are retightening the O2 sensor because the ratchet gets "stuck" behind the oil cooler.  I spent a lot of time trying to wriggle and pry and maneuver it until I finally found just the perfect combination that let me back off the wrench.  The obvious fix would have been to just reverse the ratcheting mechanism but I couldn't because the wrench had enough pressure on it.  I was envisioning either driving it red faced to a mechanic with a wrench attached or worse.  Anyway hopefully that will save someone else the same issue.  Here's a shout out to everyone who did this before me that made it a lot easier!!!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

802SHO

Quote from: ecoboostsho on June 09, 2019, 05:36:18 PM
Swapped out the Primary Oxygen sensors as I was inspired by a both 802SHO and SBS and probably a few others...it went much better then I expected because being driven through several MN winters I was expecting the worst but both sensors came right out with just a little penetrating oil.  I did use a crows foot (Tekton) oxygen sensor wrench which worked out awesome.  Also used the aforementioned "shoe lace trick" on the rear which made reconnecting the harness a LOT easier.  I do have one "tip" to add though - if you are using the crows feet on the front sensor (from under the car) and you have a performance pack oil cooler (at least I think that is what it was) be careful not to overrotate the crows foot when you are retightening the O2 sensor because the ratchet gets "stuck" behind the oil cooler.  I spent a lot of time trying to wriggle and pry and maneuver it until I finally found just the perfect combination that let me back off the wrench.  The obvious fix would have been to just reverse the ratcheting mechanism but I couldn't because the wrench had enough pressure on it.  I was envisioning either driving it red faced to a mechanic with a wrench attached or worse.  Anyway hopefully that will save someone else the same issue.  Here's a shout out to everyone who did this before me that made it a lot easier!!!

Awesome glad it went well all things considered!  I had to free my wrench on both 02s after loosening...i think bc of the surface rust on them. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ZSHO

@ -ecoboostsho your SHO will be much happier now with the new 02's Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jims2015

I got to use my quickjack for the first time to change the oil. I didn't use the highest setting or I could almost sit up under there. I was hoping this will finally keep me from spilling some oil on the floor like I do when using jack stands. So easy, I could reach straight out holding the drain pan close to the engine with both hands. Then a giant fkn mosquito lands on my arm and starts drilling. I try blowing it away but no go. So I took away one hand from the pan for a quick swat and..... you guessed it. I splashed more oil than ever on my floor.

2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Black Dream

Just waiting on the mailman to bring me the SCT X4 and new plugs I ordered so I can start tuning my new-to-me beast.  I went with Unleashed for the tunes and I bought the SCT used from them with pre-loaded and 2 MKS custom tunes already installed.  I had the chance to add 3 custom tunes of my choice affordably as well so I did, any suggestions you all might have for what tunes to look into?  Of course I'll have to see what the 2 custom tunes are already loaded and go from there.  Leslie over at Unleashed has been a godsend so far, his customer service has been outstanding...
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

Macgyver

Quote from: Black Dream on June 10, 2019, 12:45:02 PM
Just waiting on the mailman to bring me the SCT X4 and new plugs I ordered so I can start tuning my new-to-me beast.  I went with Unleashed for the tunes and I bought the SCT used from them with pre-loaded and 2 MKS custom tunes already installed.  I had the chance to add 3 custom tunes of my choice affordably as well so I did, any suggestions you all might have for what tunes to look into?  Of course I'll have to see what the 2 custom tunes are already loaded and go from there.  Leslie over at Unleashed has been a godsend so far, his customer service has been outstanding...

E30 tune if you have E85 etc around.

shoNoff

When will e85 come to nh? When? God we are so far behind. At least I know I'll get it before 802sho. I bet Vermont won't get that until 2030
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

Quote from: shoNoff on June 11, 2019, 07:44:58 PM
When will e85 come to nh? When? God we are so far behind. At least I know I'll get it before 802sho. I bet Vermont won't get that until 2030

Damn I hope I am still alive by then jeez...wait that's only 11 years....i better still be kicking it lol
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: 802SHO on June 11, 2019, 08:45:50 PM

Damn I hope I am still alive by then jeez...wait that's only 11 years....i better still be kicking it lol
Wow in 11 years gas card you drive yourself could be outlawed unless it for racing

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

802SHO

Quote from: Gjkrisa on June 12, 2019, 12:41:41 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on June 11, 2019, 08:45:50 PM

Wow in 11 years gas card you drive yourself could be outlawed unless it for racing

That's true...and one heck of a scary thought!