• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

When push comes to shove! :D  BTW - In conjunction with spark plugs Condenser & GH- Intercooler install in progress! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Installed the UPR dual valve catch can with CSS...

What a PIA... the long line that goes to the intake and CSS was not long enough to really hide it... needed a few more inches...

We will see how it works...

Side note... the Fuel-It Bluetooth sensor connector is cheap AF... the pins are sliding out... so I'm gonna have to figure that one out... maybe a dab is silicon on the back side to hold them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Better than snapping the HPFP bolts, I guess ...?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 23, 2019, 12:29:42 AM
Better than snapping the HPFP bolts, I guess ...?

Yea... still having a small residual oil leak around the gasket... almost looks like a vapor leak as there is never any pooled or oil drips.. just staining...

So I checked the gasket and it looks ok. The only other options are either the stock spacer plater is slightly bent or the mounting pedestal is bent....

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: 802SHO on May 19, 2019, 01:37:07 PM
Mrhighcaliber you wouldn't happen to have any pics of the pre turbo nozzles installed do you?
One from this year. The others from the original install in 2017.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

mrhighcaliber

Installed my (2) 2006 Ford expedition trans coolers yesterday. Coolers are run in parallel and mounted Front of my Pusher fan and upgraded Intercooler. No A/C = No condenser. Disregard the $30 in amsoil aft on the ground. I decided to start/move the vehicle with the lines open. Smh

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Nova

Did some work on my SHO this week:
Vinyl wrapped my flower wheels
Vinyl wrapped engine cover
Vinyl wrapped front fender SHO vent badge
Vinyl wrapped taillights in blackout vinyl
Vinyl wrapped headlights in smoke vinyl
Vinyl wrapped rear bumper reflectors

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 22, 2019, 09:31:43 PM
Installed the UPR dual valve catch can with CSS...

What a PIA... the long line that goes to the intake and CSS was not long enough to really hide it... needed a few more inches...

We will see how it works...

Side note... the Fuel-It Bluetooth sensor connector is cheap AF... the pins are sliding out... so I'm gonna have to figure that one out... maybe a dab is silicon on the back side to hold them...

I have the same UPR kit, you can tuck that line going over your radiator reservoir.  It's a pain but you have to disconnect there, and bring it in under the IC to TB pipe, I believe under or in between the compressor lines and route it to that area but in order to do that you need to disconnect all the lines and remove the canister as they will be in the way.  Basically need to route that line first, then the other lines, it all works better if you route all the lines first, connect to canister without the canister secured, secure canister to bracket last.  I also disconnected a fuel line as that appeared in my way with the dirty side. 

When I get my SHO back I can show you if you have any more trouble with it.  I too was equally dismayed with my initial attempts to route rhe lines with no instructions.  You would think for the cost it would have some .....but apparently not lol! 

The check valve that comes with it is good but they sell a high pressure check valve to "upgrade"  for another $50 if I recall.  The explanation I got from UPR is the check valve that comes with it works fine but what is your goal with the car?  "To track it and I don't drive it much.  It basically sits and then goes WOT, repeat."
You'll want the upgraded high pressure check valve as there is a potential under high pressure for some vapors in the canister to go through the check valve.....?  Isn't that the whole point of the catch can?  Why put an inferior check valve there?   I upgraded but not without asking why they didn't just make the kit with the high pressure check valves to begin with?  I don't like that stuff....make a great kit but keep one part of it upgradeable?  For something like this I think it should sold with everything included...and stop throwing in check valves that aren't high pressure.  Tiny rant over. 

I really do like the kit.  I also found that the top of the oil cap would slide and not turn the base to remove it, if you need to remove your engine cover.  If I need to remove my engine cover I disconnect the oil cap line, pop the top out of its base, and use channel locks to gently secure the base and turn to remove it. 

Let me know if you get it rerouted and what your initial impressions are.  You might as well try not to look in it for at least 3k.  What I got wasn't much at 3k but swishing it around in the canister I thought...well Im still glad this crap didn't make it through. 

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

802SHO

Quote from: Nova on May 23, 2019, 11:43:54 PM

I thought I was good...youre not messing around!  What kind of vinyl is that?  I need to redo my trim around the windows.  I had carbon fiber vinyl there for a couple years but it dried out and started cracking last year.  It wasn't top quality vinyl. 

A lot of hard work there man!  Looks great! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

Nova

Quote from: 802SHO on May 24, 2019, 06:04:07 AM
Quote from: Nova on May 23, 2019, 11:43:54 PM

I thought I was good...youre not messing around!  What kind of vinyl is that?  I need to redo my trim around the windows.  I had carbon fiber vinyl there for a couple years but it dried out and started cracking last year.  It wasn't top quality vinyl. 

A lot of hard work there man!  Looks great!

Thank you! It was bit of a challenge but nothing too crazy. Headlight and taillight tint was from Rvinyl and the vinyl I used for the wheels and badge was from vvivid, it was from their vvivid+ line which is vinyl specifically made for vehicle wraps.

802SHO

Thanks for the info I'm going to order some!  That black you used looks like it has metallic in it.  Looks great!

Nova

Quote from: 802SHO on May 24, 2019, 08:29:15 AM
Thanks for the info I'm going to order some!  That black you used looks like it has metallic in it.  Looks great!
Ya it's a Black Metallic Sparkle, I wanted to do something a little different that just gloss or matte black like everyone else. I plan on doing the rest of the chrome trim on the car in same sparkle black vinyl. And thanks again!

StealBlueSho

Had an unplanned stop at the shop.... nails love tires.... good news is that the TPM is working just fine!