• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

thatsmrgimp2u

It's the k&n actual intake

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

dmharvey79

Took my car in for the fourth repair attempt on the front end/steering. Also having them fix the backup camera, remote start, park assist, and recall. I think I finally found a decent dealership in the area so hopefully I'll be good to go for a while once all of this is done. If so, it should finally be time to tune this thing.

DJE624

SHOdded

Quote from: dmharvey79 on October 19, 2013, 11:04:23 PM
Took my car in for the fourth repair attempt on the front end/steering. Also having them fix the backup camera, remote start, park assist, and recall. I think I finally found a decent dealership in the area so hopefully I'll be good to go for a while once all of this is done. If so, it should finally be time to tune this thing.

Good luck!  You've been battling this thing for a while.  2013 PP, right?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

dmharvey79

Yeah, 2013 PP. Problems started around 10k and I'm at 18k miles now. I had a lawyer work on it with Ford legal after their customer service rep pretty much told me, "tough luck, bring it in again and we'll try to fix it". In the end they offered me $1,500.00 for my time/trouble and I accepted because I found a local dealership that seems willing to work with me. I still like the car a lot but I know I'll be taking a big hit when the time comes to sell it, due to the lengthy service record. Oh-well, just something I'll need to keep in mind when the time comes to buy another car.

DJE624

I hope this new dealer works out for you.  It's tough to find a good one.  I go 20 miles each way, out of my way, to go to a good one.  As far as the service record goes, you may want to hang on to it longer any way.   ;D

dmharvey79

I'd have no problem keeping this car for a while if everything works out moving forward. I'm also looking forward to see how much a tune steps it up. (-:

elund126

Quote from: dmharvey79 on October 19, 2013, 11:04:23 PM

What's up with your steering?
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

dmharvey79

The car started out with a 'clicking' sound at the front wheel hubs at 10k miles and the steering felt a little funny (as much as it can with electronic steering) at highway speeds. Dealership replaced tie rod ends and steering rack but it didn't fix the problem, even though they said it was fixed. Took the car to another dealership and they installed teflon washers on axle shafts and new wheel hub assemblies. The 'clicking' went away initially but the steering still felt funny and there was new 'clunking' sound from the front end. About this time I started getting AdvacTrac warning popping up and some other funky stuff that seemed to be related to a sensor issue in the steering system. At this point I asked Ford to buy the car back and they refused to work with me. So...now I have it at a dealership that seems fairly competent and hopefully I don't wind up getting stuck with a car Ford can't fix / won't take back. Good times!

I plan to get a detailed explanation when I pick the car up and I'll be sure to post an update.

EcoPowerParts

I ran into something like that and found it was the steering sensor under the column, that fixed everything quickly.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

thatsmrgimp2u

Put some ngk plugs in today. The stock ones were gapped at 04 and everyone says to go with 03 on the iridium plugs. Just took it for a short spin, can't say I notice any sort of difference but I do feel better having better plugs in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

DJE624

Ordered Lamin-X gunsmoke for my headlights and tail lights.  Thanks to MJH for the tips!