• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

Well, no clue why but I have been kicking around the idea of stopping some future mods on the taurus and saving up for a S6. Would still be in the big boy sedan family. They just seem so appealing! Would be about a year before I could even justify one though that's for dang sure. Let's just hope it's a phase! Haha! Otherwise sent off for some revisions with Brad to up the shifting on a couple tunes due to the trans mounts helping out so much with 1-2 wheel hop. The shifts are crispy now and I went back to a harder shifting tune (lower boost in winter) and MAN it is a world of a difference.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

nickstewartroc

Quote from: Jordan on January 01, 2019, 10:24:59 PM
Well, no clue why but I have been kicking around the idea of stopping some future mods on the taurus and saving up for a S6. Would still be in the big boy sedan family. They just seem so appealing! Would be about a year before I could even justify one though that's for dang sure. Let's just hope it's a phase! Haha! Otherwise sent off for some revisions with Brad to up the shifting on a couple tunes due to the trans mounts helping out so much with 1-2 wheel hop. The shifts are crispy now and I went back to a harder shifting tune (lower boost in winter) and MAN it is a world of a difference.

Good to know that better mounts help out, I'll have to mill me up a set one of these days...
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Jordan

Quote from: nickstewartroc on January 01, 2019, 11:06:30 PM

Good to know that better mounts help out, I'll have to mill me up a set one of these days...

Yep they make a world of a difference on launches. Can go up 400 rpm more on launches and it just takes it. Haven't launched harder than that just yet, but it's in my to do list lol

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on January 01, 2019, 11:22:24 PM

Yep they make a world of a difference on launches. Can go up 400 rpm more on launches and it just takes it. Haven't launched harder than that just yet, but it's in my to do list lol

I'm going back and forth on these... your input has me curious and after talking to Matt it makes sense. I had upgraded trans and motormount bushings in a previous car. It did make a huge difference with the shifting and launching even with it being a manual. But the additional vibrations and noise was a bit irritating to me. Just not sure I want to deal with that on my SHO. Also concerned about the additional stress that puts on other components....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 02, 2019, 06:45:22 AM
Quote from: Jordan on January 01, 2019, 11:22:24 PM

I'm going back and forth on these... your input has me curious and after talking to Matt it makes sense. I had upgraded trans and motormount bushings in a previous car. It did make a huge difference with the shifting and launching even with it being a manual. But the additional vibrations and noise was a bit irritating to me. Just not sure I want to deal with that on my SHO. Also concerned about the additional stress that puts on other components....

The vibrations are hardly noticeable honestly. Only right after you put them on you think hmm that wasn't there previously.

ZSHO

I received the Battery circuit breaker which includes a 100 amp mega-fuse today and looks like a match! I will post more details once installed.   
Good for an additional 5HP. Lol. Z  ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOme

Plugs.  About 80 k on these.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 SHO, PP 3 bar, 160 T Stat, Livernois v10 Tune, UPR catch can. MDesign CAI

Jordan

Did an oil change and tire rotation. Buddy cleaned the exterior of the car. Can finally see my stainless exhaust tips instead of carbon build up! Then I get an email with E30 Rev 12 and 93 Octane Rev 5 from brad. What a good day for the car.

Been thinking about adding a little over full (extra half quart or whole) on the trans fluid while I am at it. Read in a few spots it can help starvation on launches. Dunno, anybody got thoughts on that? I have umpteen amounts of trans fluid.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on January 08, 2019, 09:51:39 PM
Did an oil change and tire rotation. Buddy cleaned the exterior of the car. Can finally see my stainless exhaust tips instead of carbon build up! Then I get an email with E30 Rev 12 and 93 Octane Rev 5 from brad. What a good day for the car.

Been thinking about adding a little over full (extra half quart or whole) on the trans fluid while I am at it. Read in a few spots it can help starvation on launches. Dunno, anybody got thoughts on that? I have umpteen amounts of trans fluid.

It does help. The service vehicles get an extra pint. On my meth tuned 2010 the extra fluid made for more consistent shifts. LMS will claim cavitation of the fluid causes the problem, so has Matt Robinson.

I went ahead and added an extra pint above full on my 2016 the last time I was working on it. Only a pint (half a quart) though.

Jordan

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 08, 2019, 09:54:36 PM

It does help. The service vehicles get an extra pint. On my meth tuned 2010 the extra fluid made for more consistent shifts. LMS will claim cavitation of the fluid causes the problem, so has Matt Robinson.

I went ahead and added an extra pint above full on my 2016 the last time I was working on it. Only a pint (half a quart) though.

Welp, that settles it. Figure with the upgraded mounts and heavier harder launching it would help.

TopherSho

Quote from: Jordan on January 08, 2019, 10:00:32 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 08, 2019, 09:54:36 PM

Welp, that settles it. Figure with the upgraded mounts and heavier harder launching it would help.

my 2010 will not hold 1st gear without going up to the top of the ball on the stick.  definitely *i* would recommend it.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

Purchased the Catch Can from LMS today.... since I'm not going meth... gotta do something...

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 12, 2019, 05:42:37 PM
Purchased the Catch Can from LMS today.... since I'm not going meth... gotta do something...

Good move! @ least your 2016MY has the (CKCP) sensor on the front clean side for fresh air!  Keep us updated on the install!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

New Alky pump ordered from www.Alkycontrols.com

I emailed Julio over @ Alky Controls and received an email that he will be out from January 17th through February 1st 2018. I'll be back in the shop on Monday February 3nd 2018 at 8:00 AM.

I then received a Pm directly from Julio Don on exactly which Alky pump is needed for our application and must admit this is customer service @ its finest.  Z   :)

https://www.alkycontrol.com/product-page/alkycontrol-methanol-injection-modified-pump