• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on December 09, 2018, 11:14:53 PM
Update on the mounts.

Pros: Can launch at higher rpms with no issue. 1-2 shift has total traction now. Shifts are crisp and without issue.

Cons: Slightly more vibration around and under 2k. Slight vibration while cruising.

Overall: Absolutely an improvement and is still dailyable... Going to have to get brad to up my shifts now! Ha! The stock mounts are absolutely abysmal and you can move the mount pretty easily just by hand. Wonder what it looked like with 500ft lbs on them. Crazy.

LoL! I had polyurethane mounts put on another car I had awhile back. Pretty much the same, the shifts were nice and firm but you felt much more of the engine vibrations through the cabin.

As far as stock mounts... there as was a YouTube video of someone moving them back and forth by hand.. pretty interesting.

Upgrading the mounts are awesome for sure, glad you are enjoying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan

I feel like sixty foot will absolutely show improvement over the stock mounts. The car is just so consistent now it would be interesting to find out. My best 60' before was a 1.7X so would be amazing if a 1.6X was possible now.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SHOdded

Proves there is room for old-school tech in these new tech cars yet.  Imagine what it could do for EV's!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jordan

Quote from: SHOdded on December 10, 2018, 12:50:04 AM
Proves there is room for old-school tech in these new tech cars yet.  Imagine what it could do for EV's!

I was just messing around with the stock mounts and it's crazy how much movement you can get out of them just fiddling with them by hand. They have the hardness of a big eraser...

SHOdded

One way to hide the weaker NVH design of the powertrain.  More hydraulic mounts in action.  One thing to isolate the passengers from the NVH, another thing entirely to build blueprinted, balanced setups in the first place.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

What is the cabin noise like with these ?

I have upper and lower mounts done on my 2014 Juke and she is LOUD on the inside due to the sound transferring through the firewall and foot well.

SHOdded

Yeah, solid mounts and SFBs are only for dedicated drivers LOL.

Jordan

Really the vibration could be compared to like a bassy exhaust (without the noise). It's there but not something you would really complain about. About my best comparison I can make. You really only notice the vibrations in the very low rpms and it's not super noticeable

Macgyver

Quote from: Jordan on December 12, 2018, 11:13:37 AM
Really the vibration could be compared to like a bassy exhaust (without the noise). It's there but not something you would really complain about. About my best comparison I can make. You really only notice the vibrations in the very low rpms and it's not super noticeable

I like what they do for my Juke. I just dont want to add that much noise to the SHO. Especially cruising at highway speeds. Thats awesome.

Jordan

Like I said they don't add any noise, just slight vibrations.

bpd1151

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on December 06, 2018, 11:14:28 AM
Quote from: ToMang07 on December 06, 2018, 10:50:09 AM
DIY job?

Where'd you get them? How much?
The guy is on FB, idk if he frequents this forums and if he does I wouldn't know the username but here's a screen shot so you can find him on FB. $200 shipped.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
BIG THANKS to BoostfoSHO for not only having posted this information here onto the forum, for all of those like me, who don't do FB.....

But for also going the added extra mile and completing a purchase for these items on my behalf, and coordinating with the original designer/seller of these, while I am in between house moves.

I am looking forward to this latest addition to my SHO.

Truly appreciated and doubly blessed!

Another solid reason, in a long line of so many other reasons, why I like this platform so much and continue to invest in my SHO and enjoy her to the degree that I do!

Thanks once again BFS! :thumb:

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 12, 2018, 06:51:51 PM
DIY job?

The guy is on FB, idk if he frequents this forums and if he does I wouldn't know the username but here's a screen shot so you can find him on FB. $200 shipped.

BIG THANKS to BoostfoSHO for not only having posted this information here onto the forum, for all of those like me, who don't do FB.....

But for also going the added extra mile and completing a purchase for these items on my behalf, and coordinating with the original designer/seller of these, while I am in between house moves.

Another solid reason, in a long line of so many other reasons, why I like this platform so much and continue to invest in my SHO and enjoy her to the degree that I do!

No problem at all, I'm glad I could help out.
I don't mind helping another forum member especially knowing I helped get a part on the fastest SHO.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

bpd1151

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on December 12, 2018, 06:58:34 PM
DIY job?

I don't mind helping another forum member especially knowing I helped get a part on the fastest SHO.

Fastest **EB SHO**.

Don't want to discredit Zach on his older GEN "Blue Turd" from all the accolades and achievements he deserves for his fastest of all SHO's of all GEN's now.

Likely to (unintentionally) start a mini riot over that title if not clarified. LOL.

But thank you once again.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 12, 2018, 07:05:57 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on December 12, 2018, 06:58:34 PM
DIY job?

Fastest **EB SHO**.

Don't want to discredit Zach on his older GEN "Blue Turd" from all the accolades and achievements he deserves for his fastest of all SHO's of all GEN's now.

Likely to (unintentionally) start a mini riot over that title if not clarified. LOL.

But thank you once again.

Ahhh right you are! I forgot about the blue turd. I'm sorry I meant Ecoboost SHO

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

SHOdded

Guard your SHO carefully, bpd.  A small piece of the fastest EB SHO just isn't enough.  Yum Yum :D