• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Running LMS E30 tune at the moment... got stuck somewhere that didn't have E85... filled the SHO with 93 and decided to just monitor knock until I can put some E85 in it...

Car is pulling about a degree or so of spark under WOT at points, not consistently though... and not enough to worry about... looks like LMS E30 leaves enough on the table to run 93 without having to worry too much. But I can feel a difference without the added spark...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan

To be fair 93 E10 and E30 is really only about 3 octane difference. Except you'll be running way richer, but I'd like to assume they have some fall back like you said.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on October 21, 2018, 09:41:26 PM
To be fair 93 E10 and E30 is really only about 3 octane difference. Except you'll be running way richer, but I'd like to assume they have some fall back like you said.

True, there is an octane difference... also there is a difference in the cylinder temps... lots of good info out there to read about the advantages of ethanol besides just the octane rating increase.

Jordan

For sure I just figured that wouldn't matter near as much due to you trying to keep it easy. At least that's what I figure you would be doing lol
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StealBlueSho

True... it's being babied until I get another daily driver... and figure out this vibration I have...

StealBlueSho

Was getting a bit more KR than I liked seeing and my fuel trims were getting off... added back in the corn... everything is happy again.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

ZSHO

I replaced the number 4 cylinder ignition coil harness connector which was basically simple to replace being right in front.  :)

But currently trying to fix number 1 cylinder rear bank ignition coil connector which is a bit of a pita due to the lack of room by the firewall next to the oil Sep!  Z

BTW always take plenty of pics prior to removing any part from your vehicle....

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Thats why fixing things in the rear is always a pain in the a** :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 23, 2018, 01:38:57 PM
Thats why fixing things in the rear is always a pain in the a** :D
True indeed kind sir!  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

lamrith

A few days behind, but bought the SHO a hot German Redhead driveway mate to take all it's $ away.  It was originally bought as a parts car for the kid's car we are working on.  It will be losing some parts to the kids car, but the core of it is in such good shape the family has decided that the sky is the limit.
She will be taking a major visit to the Dr for a heart transplant and some freshening up of the legs.  We are gonna give this old lady a few new tricks that are gonna give those younger Coed's a run for their money.  She gonna take cougar to the next level with curves in all the right places that just get the blood pumping.

SHO is now fully off of the mod/tinker program.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

Sky's the limit sounds about right LOL.  Congrats on the new ride.  Feel free to post in the Non Ecoboost Builds section about the progress, and of course join rennlist.com if you haven't already :D

lamrith

Quote from: SHOdded on October 23, 2018, 04:57:39 PM
Sky's the limit sounds about right LOL.  Congrats on the new ride.  Feel free to post in the Non Ecoboost Builds section about the progress, and of course join rennlist.com if you haven't already :D
Thanks SHOdded!

Yeah been on Rennlist since we bought the son's a few months back.  His is a '87 944 daily driver.  Joking aside these 944 are pretty darn affordable.  I mean what bonehead buys a 15yr old kid a porsche for his 1st car?  Needless to say he literally fell apart when he found it parked next to the house the day we bought it (without telling him).  Son's car was $1800, and I drove it home.  I have put over $1k into it in parts to do the "required" things to insure against turning the motor into a scrap pile and fixing misc things it needed to be a safe daily driver.  Not a bad investment at all honestly and these cars are actually pretty darn straightforward to work on.

I went to a JY to steal the fender off of the car pictured to use for my sons car, saw the body/chassis was solid but interior toast and waved $550 under their nose for whole car and it followed me home.  I considered 3.5 or 2.9 Eco a few times, but I have done the "never been done before" route before and want to do something there is history and kits for this time.  Target right now is LS swap.

I will def consider putting a thread up.  Chances are I will just go register and fire up my personal website again so I can keep a long detailed log on the build there like I did for my MGB conversion.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

The 944 is definitely a great foundation for the project.  Tho I wish we saw a bit more of the 928 S4 too :D  Should be fun, exciting, and worthwhile!