• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 14, 2018, 07:23:06 PM
Quote from: Jordan on September 14, 2018, 06:50:28 PM
Picked up some C20 today for this sunday's drag strip day.

Some? Like a just 30 gallons worth lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha! I was picking up that for a friend as well. 20 gallons of VP diesel! VP Torq DX
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on September 14, 2018, 06:30:38 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 14, 2018, 02:31:16 PM
Interesting. I emailed LMS to ask what their preference was between the SP-534's and the SP-542's (You can purchase both from them iirc) and the response I got back on the MSD Coils and colder plugs was that unless you are pushing big power, the SP-534's are more than adequate and they still say the stock coils are better.
Interesting. I emailed LMS to ask what their preference was between the SP-534's and the SP-542's (You can purchase both from them iirc) and the response I got back on the MSD Coils and colder plugs was that unless you are pushing big power, the SP-534's are more than adequate and they still say the stock coils are better.
The NGK 6510 LTR7IX-11 IX Iridium Plug are one step colder than stock! 
Torque Specs: Aluminum: 7.2-14.5 lb. ft.
Brand: NGK
Heat Range: 7

The SP-534 have a Heat Range: 6

https://www.sparkplugs.com/product.aspx?zpid=9888

The threads have a slightly different material based on the PIC Below! Both are awesome plugs and are made by NGK and guess time will only tell.   Z   :)

Thanks for the info! And are not motorcraft plugs just rebranded NGks? So those would be the equivalent of SP-542?

ZSHO

@ - SBS Indeed the Motorcraft are a re-branded version of the NGK. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Jordan

Lil bit of sundog prep. Back is done. Tomorrow I will get out the front seat and see about some extra stuff if I can find anything else to do. Not wanting to do door panels, but if i have enough time I will do that for sure. Might bring a blanket to cover up where the back seat was just so I don't get a crap load of road noise. Plan to take the exhaust off too and suffering the 2 hour drive to the track. Figure highway speeds wouldn't be horrible...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jordan

Same here, bought a canopy and a couple foldable chairs for the event too to have a spot to chill out at between runs. Going with my local car group so should have a bit of resources to tap into if need be. Going to bring a spare jack just in case someone needs to use one. Maybe I will run into some St. Louis SHOs!

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on September 14, 2018, 06:30:38 PM
The NGK 6510 LTR7IX-11 IX Iridium Plug are one step colder than stock! 
Torque Specs: Aluminum: 7.2-14.5 lb. ft.
Brand: NGK
Heat Range: 7

The SP-534 have a Heat Range: 6

https://www.sparkplugs.com/product.aspx?zpid=9888

The threads have a slightly different material based on the PIC Below! Both are awesome plugs and are made by NGK and guess time will only tell.   Z   :)

I read the specs on the site and they say .044 gap... What are you gonna be gapping them to? I'm interested in trying this out over the sp542 since I'm in the market for new spark news

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

StealBlueSho

Soooo... my buddy just picked up a car trailer... then graciously offered to tow my car to LMS for a dyno tune and some other planned goodies...

Calling tomorrow to start the wheels moving on that...

He also offered to trailer my car when I go to the track as to avoid heat soak upon arriving... my first response was "WTF would you trailer a mid 12 second 4 door sedan to the track" he's was response was "F'em, who cares what anyone else thinks..."

Would be nice to get this E30 tune dialed in, LMS said that the remote tunes for E30 on the SHO are not optimized to take full advantage..

Jordan

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 14, 2018, 11:02:42 PM
Soooo... my buddy just picked up a car trailer... then graciously offered to tow my car to LMS for a dyno tune and some other planned goodies...

He also offered to trailer my car when I go to the track as to avoid heat soak upon arriving... my first response was "WTF would you trailer a mid 12 second 4 door sedan to the track" he's was response was "F'em, who cares what anyone else thinks..."

Would be nice to get this E30 tune dialed in, LMS said that the remote tunes for E30 on the SHO are not optimized to take full advantage..

Sweet man looking forward to what they can get going.

ZSHO

@ - BoostfoSHO need to gap them carefully down to 0.030 !  Need to take extra precaution with the  electrode.
I should have them installed this weekend.  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on September 15, 2018, 07:26:21 AM
@ - BoostfoSHO need to gap them carefully down to 0.030 !  Need to take extra precaution with the  electrode.
I should have them installed this weekend.  Z   :)
I just ordered some probably will install when I get all my stuff and do it all at once.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 14, 2018, 11:02:42 PM

When I was a younger I once trailered my high 13 second fox body to be track. We told everyone it ran mid 10's that asked then proceeded to unload the car and run 13.8's all night.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

I spoke with Anthony over @ LMS and kindly responded by saying We run the plugs in all of our 3.5L builds gapped to .030" which are the OEM Motorcraft SP 534s.  The 6510 are supposed to be the one step colder plug but I've heard they come with a very large gap, so you would need to make sure you can close up the gap enough without damaging them.  I read online that NGK says you are only supposed to gap it down as far as .032"  So we've always stuck with the SP 534 plugs even in mikes car making the power it does and haven't found a need for anything different yet.
The NGK that I ordered came all pre-gapped @ 0.038 and will report back with my initial impressions once installed.  Z

shoNoff

I've been running the ngk 6510's in my car gapped at .028 for roughly 5/6k miles. Never had a problem. The car runs like it has the stock plugs in it. I also use one of these to gap my plugs. Always have, seems like a waste of money until you need to close a gap by .030.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Jordan

Well I've found I'm far too lazy to do anymore weight reduction than last time. Just hoping for consistent numbers this time around