• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 03, 2018, 08:58:30 PM
Quote from: shoNoff on September 03, 2018, 08:44:45 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 03, 2018, 07:59:21 PM
Getting my HR springs dropped in tomorrow... curious how the ride differs from my 2010 with the Megan's...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do tell I'm so on the fence about doing them or not

For sure... I'm curious myself... I got the springs and camber bolts for $175 shipped soon couldn't say no... if I don't like em I will go with BC Racing coils....

The quality of the Megan's were not what I would want again.. the dampener adjustment knobs were sloppy so I didn't trust them... the shocks/struts where subpar quality...

I think the first run that BPD1151 had were better built...

In any event... I will report if they are decent compared to the Megan's...

Bc is making coilovers for the 13+? I used to run the bc's on my Srt-4 and they rode great. I'm all set with Megan I have tried them on other vehicles in my day and they just felt cheap to me.

Edit looked them up myself for the $995 I may just pull her trigger on those over the winter. Still curious as to how those ride for you though
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

02nbmformula

Quote from: 802SHO on September 03, 2018, 12:33:44 PM
Quote from: 02nbmformula on September 03, 2018, 08:30:32 AM
breakin is killing me

The price is way up there...I think with the price point it would be hard to choose the Jeep.  Regardless its an amazing machine!  Definitely a force to wrecken with!
thats what i struggled with but i wanted a sleeper and after debadging, it will be
2014 Explorer Sport

802SHO

Quote from: 02nbmformula on September 04, 2018, 07:12:16 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on September 03, 2018, 12:33:44 PM
Quote from: 02nbmformula on September 03, 2018, 08:30:32 AM
breakin is killing me

The price is way up there...I think with the price point it would be hard to choose the Jeep.  Regardless its an amazing machine!  Definitely a force to wrecken with!
thats what i struggled with but i wanted a sleeper and after debadging, it will be

Agreed!  You'll hurt a lot of feelings out there on the street and the strip!  Have them wanting their bubby 😭🍼
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

irondoor19

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 03, 2018, 10:16:49 AM
Quote from: irondoor19 on September 03, 2018, 10:00:23 AM
Quote from: shoNoff on September 02, 2018, 02:49:00 PM
Quote from: irondoor19 on September 02, 2018, 12:58:45 PM
Quote from: irondoor19 on September 01, 2018, 12:56:26 PM
OK:

Getting Ready for Import Face Off @ National Trails Raceway, Hebron Ohio
Took the back Seat Out, Taking the Passenger Seat Out at the Track,
Loaded Brads "Final E30 Tune" for My Setup, Put some Miles On It,
8 Gals Of Sunoco 93, 3 Gals of E85, (So half a Tank, and 50 Miles to the Track)
Made Up My Hillbilly Air Intake Cooler/insulator For My Strait Thru M Design
(will Take 2 or 3 Cool Bags or Small Slabs of Dry Ice) if it makes A Difference in Intake Temps, Will Post a Small Write Up (Way to Cheap Not to Try It) IF IT WORKS.....!

SO I BLEW the rear Turbo on the Highway, about 4 Miles From the Track,
Got inside the Gate, that's it, AAA ride back to the shop, :bangin:

I can Screw up a One Car Funeral, SOO Embarassing
, Well At least I did Not DO it on the Track.. ..............

How the heck did that happen?

Yes it was an ATP,  120 MPH, and ONE last Hammer as i missed the Exit.
Run Her up to 4.5K AND the Thing Let Loose, Got off the Next Exit
and i Could Hear the Hamster Squealing, DAM I have no Luck at all

Should be under warranty right?! You just put those on!

Sorry: Bought them in Feb 2017, ON IN April, So Prob NO Warranty,
Will be calling this AM, and Jumping up and Down, We will SEE
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

Good luck!  First reported failure of the ATPs in the SHO application, let's see what they have to say.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Dropped! Shout out to Murphy's Auto Sports in Warrenton! Always good work!

SHOdded

Pretty solid #s there.  And the SHO looks gorgeous!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on September 04, 2018, 03:43:23 PM
Pretty solid #s there.  And the SHO looks gorgeous!

Thanks! I try to keep her clean.. the mechanic went the store to get clean microfiber towels to wipe off the fingers prints etc from doing the install because the car looked so clean.. I do baby her a bit.

shoNoff

Car looks great sbs. Can't wait to hear how they ride
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on September 04, 2018, 06:36:45 PM
Car looks great sbs. Can't wait to hear how they ride

First impression is I like the ride better than my Megan's. I drove it a few miles and was very happy with the overall ride quality comparatively.

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 04, 2018, 02:18:38 PM

Looks great!  I love the Blue!!  I think keeping the car clean is a must especially when dropping off for some work, techs with dirty greasy fingers.  Id rather someone drag their fingers or brush against my car when its clean bc it doesn't hurt the paint much.  When its dirty and they touch and drag their fingers or brush against the car...now theres light surface scratches to address.  Some people don't think of that stuff
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ZSHO

Looks Great! :thumb: What tires are you running with!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

The ignition coil bolts arrived. I believe its a M-25 flared bolt IIRC! They also are used on the intake and various component's throughout the engine bay.
Its always good to have a spare set.  Z  :)

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-bolt_-w714507-s437.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

This morning, after returning from work and playing shuffle all the cars, I cracked open craft beer #2, sat in the SHO, and sighed as the realization of old man winter not being too far off settled in.

With all the recent rains, and an unfolding, craptastic forecast for yet more rain to come today, tomorrow, and all throughout the upcoming weekend, its unfortunate the SHO hasn't seen more mileage this year.

So much so that the wife called her Mom yesterday (she holds all of our insurance policies) and placed the SHO into "storage" status.

What. The. F@ck!?!?

I quickly cancelled that status change. Chastised the wife and told her that November 1st is a much more realistic date.

That said, we did purchase the oldest daughter a slightly used 2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium this past weekend. Loaded to the hilt with every/all options and only 26k on the clock.

Oxford white and tinted windows made me jokingly quip it's like a mini-SHO.

She's excited to say the least as it's her 1st official car all to her own. Living in the city (of Chicago) its relative size makes it great for parking and at her budget, the gas mileage is an added bonus.

Out of an abundance of caution, I am opting to place brand new Continental DWS06's on it for her later today.

A couple of pre-bpd car show detail pics to ogle over. I spent this entire past Sunday doing my own extensive detail on it, removed all the dealership emblazoned logos from everywhere too. What a PITA. I'll never understand why they plaster their crap all over the place. To me, word of mouth is a much better sales pitch than logos all over a car they sold. Oh well.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on September 05, 2018, 07:06:29 AM

Looks Great! :thumb: What tires are you running with!  Z

Thanks! Car only has 11K on it, so it still rocking the P-Zeros.