• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 05, 2018, 02:01:03 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 05, 2018, 12:46:32 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 05, 2018, 12:08:01 PM

Long story...  but now I get wait again for them to put the correct oil in this car... 5W30 is what the car calls for....

I usually do my own oil changes.... but apparently the ted Britt for life requires them to do it but there is a catch... you must do their recommended services... check the costs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Illegal.

Would never survive a Magnusson Moss challenge.

Prohibition on conditions for written or implied warranty; waiver by Commission. No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if—
(1) the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and
(2) the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest.
The Commission shall identify in the Federal Register, and permit public comment on, all applications for waiver of the prohibition of this subsection, and shall publish in the Federal Register its disposition of any such application, including the reasons therefor.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/2302

For clarity this is for their Ted Britt For Life dealership specific life time warranty that is outside of the normal Ford Warranty.

I initially thought it was a good deal but that was before I saw this maintenance schedule and costs.

I am covered under a 100K Mile CPO extended warranty.

Ted Britt isn't exempt from the law.

Do they call it a warranty?

I would make a report to the FTC, they have been ratcheting up compliance actions over the last few years.

Most recently it was ruled that a warranty cannot be voided because the "warranty seal sticker" has been breached. I'm looking at you SCT.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 05, 2018, 02:10:58 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 05, 2018, 02:01:03 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 05, 2018, 12:46:32 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 05, 2018, 12:08:01 PM

Long story...  but now I get wait again for them to put the correct oil in this car... 5W30 is what the car calls for....

I usually do my own oil changes.... but apparently the ted Britt for life requires them to do it but there is a catch... you must do their recommended services... check the costs...

Illegal.

Would never survive a Magnusson Moss challenge.

Prohibition on conditions for written or implied warranty; waiver by Commission. No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if—
(1) the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and
(2) the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest.
The Commission shall identify in the Federal Register, and permit public comment on, all applications for waiver of the prohibition of this subsection, and shall publish in the Federal Register its disposition of any such application, including the reasons therefor.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/2302

For clarity this is for their Ted Britt For Life dealership specific life time warranty that is outside of the normal Ford Warranty.

I initially thought it was a good deal but that was before I saw this maintenance schedule and costs.

I am covered under a 100K Mile CPO extended warranty.

Ted Britt isn't exempt from the law.

Do they call it a warranty?

I would make a report to the FTC, they have been ratcheting up compliance actions over the last few years.

Most recently it was ruled that a warranty cannot be voided because the "warranty seal sticker" has been breached. I'm looking at you SCT.

Did you... take of the sticker? You rebel..

A certain hypertech device just has a microsd card in it...

hawkeye93

Replaced my windshield washer pump.  Actually, I turned a 10 minute pump replacement into a 90 minute funfest when I accidentally pushed the rubber grommet into the fluid tank.  Fortunately, using a piece from an automotive stethoscope and my best foosball and bubble hockey skills, I was able to retrieve the grommet.

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk

2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

5ohSHO

Finished the install of the upgraded CHRA's and Turbo Smart WGA's today. The car feels pretty good and no more smoke and burnt oil smell. Hope I don't have to mess with the rear turbo for a long time now.

shoNoff

Quote from: 5ohSHO on August 08, 2018, 12:34:04 AM
Finished the install of the upgraded CHRA's and Turbo Smart WGA's today. The car feels pretty good and no more smoke and burnt oil smell. Hope I don't have to mess with the rear turbo for a long time now.

Makes me feel wonderful about replacing my turbos next week.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

5ohSHO

Quote from: shoNoff on August 08, 2018, 11:40:14 AM

It's a lot of work, but not the worst thing in the world. Only part I needed another person for was getting the rear's oil line hooked up and mounting bolts installed. You also don't need to lower the subframe to get it out of the car.

shoNoff

Quote from: 5ohSHO on August 08, 2018, 01:09:08 PM
Quote from: shoNoff on August 08, 2018, 11:40:14 AM

It's a lot of work, but not the worst thing in the world. Only part I needed another person for was getting the rear's oil line hooked up and mounting bolts installed. You also don't need to lower the subframe to get it out of the car.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't think I'd have to lower the subframe when I was installing the downpipes. It looked like I had plenty of room. Actually the front turbo doesn't look to bad to do at all.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

irondoor19

Installed The AFE Power Silver Bullet Throttle Body Spacer P/N 46-33018

They say this Fits a Ford Explorer Sport 3.5L Ecoboost 2012 thru 2015

So I say 2011 for Sure (maybe a 2010) as well, Short "How To" to Follow..... ;D

Power Gain, Jury is still Out, however for Less than 100 bucks, A No Brainier...

Best Deal to Date:  hebronautoparts.com

Dam that did not last long: SO  NOW HEBRONAUTOPARTS
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

mval

yesterday was a good day for my sho at a 200 car show. won the 2000-14 class, of course mustangs & camaros had other classes but the mopars & rest didn't. well over 50 wins in the sho's career. she's not in bpd's class but did win gold award @'15 convention in chicago. here in st louis & surrounding areas, they have a committee that runs what they call the best of the best. only 300 of all the cars shown at shows in the area & there are usually atleast 2 shows a weekend from mid may to mid sept are invited to attend their show in oct & this weekend she was invited. i was hoping for a few years she would but usually even though winning my class often she had been ignored after all she is the only one around that shows so nothing to compare to. so will be representing ford's b*****d red haired step child in his show. we all know how good sho's are but only real fanatic car guys have a clue.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOdded

Congrats on another well-deserved victory, Mike!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Congrats Michael on the win!!!!

So very, Very, VERY cool!

5ohSHO

Got the car re-tuned after the stock turbo upgrades. Pretty happy with the results.

SHOdded

ToMang07

Re-registered it and ordered it a case of Boost-Juice! lol
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads