• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NITSOOB

Ordered lots of ebay stuff and experimented a bit.. heres hoping it lasts. Replica turbos, and 5+5 billet wheel(stock size with extended tips and height) for GT1749, all VSR balanced.
2013 PP SHO - 3.5" DPs, 3.5" Exhaust, 3" Coldside
Pending: 5-Blade billet wheel, AJP Tune
1/8: 8.4@86

ZSHO

Buddy of mine which is a welder found three leaks throughout the exhaust system and one was right after the Flex Pipe and a couple leaks around the Band-clamps right before the mufflers on the Corsa Exhaust! So far everything looks up to Specs!!! Z

PIC Below with much carbon buildup.....

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Successful family trip in the SHO... apparently the Ford Escape I have cannot hold anywhere near what the Taurus can trunk wise... so the SHO did the miles....

All cleaned up after the vacation at Lake Anna!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lamrith

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 28, 2018, 11:26:40 AM

Successful family trip in the SHO... apparently the Ford Escape I have cannot hold anywhere near what the Taurus can trunk wise... so the SHO did the miles....

Lookin sweet as always!
How'd you do for mpg?

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

hawkeye93

Went to Wednesday Night Street Drags last night at Brainerd.  Met some nice guys from the Minnesota EcoBoost Facebook club (I'm not on Facebook, too old for that stuff).  One of them, Nick with an MKS, took second place in the reaction time contest.  There was also a guy with a 3.7 PI.

The weather was hot & humid; I ran 12.48 to 12.70 over 5 runs.  Everyone's times were higher than usual.

I wasn't real pleased with my times, but I had a good time nonetheless.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on June 28, 2018, 11:32:36 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 28, 2018, 11:26:40 AM

Lookin sweet as always!
How'd you do for mpg?

Ummm terrible with this E30 tune and the bigger HPFP... I'm getting probably 19ish highway on cruise control...

lamrith

SBS - Ahhh  I forgot you already but the tweak on her..
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on June 28, 2018, 11:38:30 AM
SBS - Ahhh  I forgot you already but the tweak on her..

Yea... pretty much only thing left bolt on wise is DPs and exhaust... but I'm enjoying her quiet for now....

Meth may come later.. but I wanna see what I can get out of this pump on ethanol before I start force feeding her methanol...

bamsho

Oh you know you want to force feed her.  Just do it.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

lamrith

Flashed stock tune back onto car lastnight and swapped the 2BAR MAP back in.  I have been running a Brad tune since a few days after I got the car.  Never really drove it untuned.  A new (old) project car is coming my way this winter so I am planning/thinking about pulling back the reigns on the SHO and making it more stock as my DD and the project will be the hellraiser for when I want to go play.

1st drive this morning into work.  I did not really notice a big difference power wise in drive.  throttle response and power seem about the same, smooth driving, power available when I wanted it.  I did not get to do any WOT hits to see how it does at max power.  I still have PPE Catted DP, colder plugs and K&N CAI in place for now.  NO CEL so far with the cats and todays drive was all surface streets so plenty of on/off throttle to cycle the cats.  hopefully traffic better tonight and take freeway home.

DO not think of this as a slight or poke at Brad when I say no noticeable difference in D.  He did EXACTLY what I wanted in a tune, I told him I wanted a Jekyl and Hyde.  Super mellow and docile in D, BEAST in Sport.  Sport mode I could definitely tell a difference.  The car is still quick and responsive, but the Brad tune in sport mode is just a whole different ballgame.  Brad's tune the car literally changes tone, trans seems to lock up tighter, often drops a gear, boost comes up and the throttle response is incredible.  Like a squirrel drinking a jolt cola, just ready to rumble.

One big test will be this weekend when I drive to Vancouver again, 2 weeks ago with tune I ran 25.5mpg.  Be interesting to see how it does stock.

shoNoff

Today I put in Sylvania led plate lights. They look really good but I was to lazy to take a picture. I'll post one tomorrow
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

bpd1151

Well, I'd like to say that persistence pays off.

I was this/close to giving up on acquiring these. However, I am happy to report that after 2yrs and 2 trips to the National's, my follow through has finally paid off.

I received my final "proof" of artwork today for these teardrop style banners, that I am looking to incorporate into my display.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9TsCV9YXmrFYWFVZ3FiS3FPalRZYWM0NC1WMEkwcWc2Qm5B/view?usp=drivesdk

I saw these at last year's (2017) Ford National's, and once again this year, at the 2018 Nat's.

After several vested hours of phone calls, emails, etc. I am glad to know these are going to production, and have a 9-10 day time frame before they ship out.

Oh yea, they're 10 feet tall, and come with their own individual carry cases.

So a good day today for the SHO display!

shoNoff

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 28, 2018, 09:53:03 PM
Well, I'd like to say that persistence pays off.

I was this/close to giving up on acquiring these. However, I am happy to report that after 2yrs and 2 trips to the National's, my follow through has finally paid off.

I received my final "proof" of artwork today for these teardrop style banners, that I am looking to incorporate into my display.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9TsCV9YXmrFYWFVZ3FiS3FPalRZYWM0NC1WMEkwcWc2Qm5B/view?usp=drivesdk

I saw these at last year's (2017) Ford National's, and once again this year, at the 2018 Nat's.

After several vested hours of phone calls, emails, etc. I am glad to know these are going to production, and have a 9-10 day time frame before they ship out.

Oh yea, they're 10 feet tall, and come with their own individual carry cases.

So a good day today for the SHO display!

Hahaha those are awesome. I really hope I can make the nationals next year. If so I'm pretty sure my dad still has his pop up ford canopy and that will be coming for sure
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

5ohSHO

Dyno tune to 405hp and 447tq, H&R springs and SHO puddle lamps. Pretty productive day I'd say. I think I like the wheels more now that the car is lowered for some reason.

92BlackGT

played with forscan a bit got the turn signals set as DRL's and got the AWD gauge with the US speed limit sign set. i previously had the AWD gauge with euro sign and it annoyed me.
that's it, nothing exciting with the car but these small things satisfy the need to mod for a bit
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph