• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bamsho on June 18, 2018, 02:18:42 PM
Got my Father's Day present from Livernois.   Happy Happy Happy!

NICE! Are you going to have it properly welded? or do the clamps that come with it work well enough?

lamrith

Quote from: SHOdded on June 18, 2018, 02:40:57 PM
Same stuff you use on paints - cquartz, esoteric, duragloss, opticoat, to name just a few.
Ahhh  I should clarify these are not raw alum wheels, they are painted/coated to be the color they are.  Not sure if that matters?

So begs the question, are there decent brake pads out there that put off a bit less dust?  I literally can see visible dust particles/piles in the recesses of the wheel in a few days of relaxed day to day commuting 20miles a day..
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

bamsho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 18, 2018, 02:55:10 PM

NICE! Are you going to have it properly welded? or do the clamps that come with it work well enough?

Going to use there clamps.  Not hodge podging like whats on the car now.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

5ohSHO

Quote from: lamrith on June 18, 2018, 03:07:17 PM
Ahhh  I should clarify these are not raw alum wheels, they are painted/coated to be the color they are.  Not sure if that matters?

Mine are also painted. I thought even unpainted aluminum wheels had a coating on them to protect them. My Fox Body's 10 holers had a coating. Either way, putting an additional layer of protection cant hurt.

ZSHO

Quote from: bamsho on June 18, 2018, 03:20:30 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 18, 2018, 02:55:10 PM

Going to use there clamps.  Not hodge podging like whats on the car now.
Here's some friendly advice! Don't over torque those band clamps ! There highly sensitive IMO & follow the owner's manual Torque Spec's!!  Enjoy the exhaust. BTW did end up making a quick amateur exhaust video! Currently on my phone. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I had some time yesterday to install some new spark plugs and certainly did not come close to breaking my record of 40 minutes. .Lol..
But yet dropped a couple of bolts inside the belly pan cover and some busted knuckles for insult to injury yet again . >:(
It was one of those days when nothing goes right!! I could not remove each and every spark plug being to tight and even with a 1/2 in ratchet!!
I did not have a pipe wide enough to fit the ratchet but luckily used my wifes Broom which worked like a charm in providing the extra torque and leverage needed in removing the plugs. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

challenging day, but you emerged victorious!  A good broom is always handy ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

New exhaust is on the SHO now.  WOW, what a difference.  I love it, alot quieter, but it did come at a price.  My 1/2  inch rachet smack me on my forehead.  So yes I made a sacrifice to the SHO gods.  Even drew blood.  Yeah ouch.

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ZSHO

@ Brian (Bamsho) Thankfully your OK!  Sometimes nothing good comes without a Price! Enjoy.  Z  :)

SHOdded

Gotta draw blood to be worth it LOL.  Glad yer ok.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

@Z... I know it is frowned upon with aluminum heads but I always use anti-seize on my plugs. I put a little on my finger and run it around the base of the threads away from the electrode. Never have a stuck plug. And never had one backout on me. I also use a pea size dab of dielectric grease for the cop boot... never worry about a stuck boot either.

@bamSHO... chicks dig facial scars! Maybe you will get a little extra attention too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

PICS OR NOTHING! LOL.  Chrome or Black Tips! 
Were you able to align the Tips perfectly in the middle! Z

ZSHO

Quote from: bamsho on June 22, 2018, 07:49:44 AM
New exhaust is on the SHO now.  WOW, what a difference.  I love it, alot quieter, but it did come at a price.  My 1/2  inch rachet smack me on my forehead.  So yes I made a sacrifice to the SHO gods.  Even drew blood.  Yeah ouch.

I had to fix your crooked head! Lol. Feel better.  Z

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 22, 2018, 08:05:35 AM
@Z... I know it is frowned upon with aluminum heads but I always use anti-seize on my plugs. I put a little on my finger and run it around the base of the threads away from the electrode. Never have a stuck plug. And never had one backout on me. I also use a pea size dab of dielectric grease for the cop boot... never worry about a stuck boot either.

@bamSHO... chicks dig facial scars! Maybe you will get a little extra attention too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I appreciate your quick input as always!  :) But its believe its seven times a charm on the SHO! Lol. I did let her idle roughly 15 min before shutting it OFF the day PRIOR to changing them without driving it!
The plugs Do look Wet which I'm guessing contributed to my issues! I will try to post some Pics soon,thanks.  Z

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on June 22, 2018, 11:09:31 AM
I had to fix your crooked head! Lol. Feel better.  Z
Wait, Brian was NOT on a stretcher???  OMG, all this fuss over nothing.  LOL.