• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotrod Lincoln

Quote from: MiWiAu on June 13, 2018, 09:02:16 PM
Quote from: Hotrod Lincoln on June 13, 2018, 08:19:50 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 13, 2018, 07:50:51 PM
Quote from: Hotrod Lincoln on June 13, 2018, 07:39:13 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 13, 2018, 07:22:27 PM
Quote from: Hotrod Lincoln on June 13, 2018, 07:18:32 PM
Mine is in the shop getting a new long block. Number 5 injector stuck open and washed the cylinder.

Happened to my 2010... cylinder 4 though...

And of course they are only replacing the one injector. Lol. Oh well. Their dime I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up trading mine in... they gave me a silly offer.. $12K

Did they do the same thing? Only replace one? Seems crazy even though I understand it's kinda rare.

Happened to my XSport. Don't remember which cylinder off hand. Dealer said they were only authorized to replace the one faulty injector. 🤨

That's kinda what I figured. Thank you. I'm really looking forward to getting it back. A Ford Focus just doesn't do it for me. Lol

At least the motor will be new.
2011 MKS 81K Miles

ZSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on June 13, 2018, 06:33:18 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on June 13, 2018, 06:08:42 PM
@ SBS (really now BJSHO)..... lol NO.

They're black, good enough to rock the theme I've been rolling with on/in my SHO.

@ Z I'm sure others embrace the mantra of looking for the cheaper / cheapest route.

I've learned personally that's not really the best path to travel down upon, as one's time is of value too. I'd rather flip a lil more on the front end, and not have to worry about them for as you said....  many years to come.

That said, I'm confident there will be some that take up on the one's you've posted as well. To that end....  thanks! :thumb:
I actually have them on my SHO! The originals gave out in the Midst of winter with the Hood landing on the back of my head.....
The Monroe's & Sach's are both equivalent plus excellent quality aftermarket options which meet or exceed OEM Specs! They are roughly the same price,but www.rockauto.com has them listed for much less that's all . Z   :) If it helps someone save some extra $$ @ the end of the day why not!
@ bpd1151 I hope i didn't come off Snarky! It wasn't my intent! my apologies and shouldn't of interfered in your post.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

No it's all good Z.

Like I said, there are some that will make use of your links as well.

No worries. Ever. My skin is much thicker than that.

StealBlueSho

Well... picked it up from the body shop... long story short... the clear coat was already peeling at the edge. I told them it wasn't right, they argued with me that it was adhesive.... they took it back to the bay, wet sanded it, brought it back... that obviously just temporarily hides the issue.

I didn't leave it as it was also covered in mud from them driving it around... and it's obvious that they just did a rush job....

Gonna sleep on it as I am not happy...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on June 15, 2018, 04:36:25 PM
In for a fight UGH

I dunno yet...I've got a lot of stuff on my plate. While this is extremely disappointing... I'm not sure if I am gonna stress myself out about it. The body shop said that all work and paint come with a lifetime warranty.

Sleeping on it... in other news called LMS and got a ROM pricing on my next project.... let's hope the stocks continue to do well.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Cody at LMS said if I wanted too, and had the money... they would help get the transmission shop they work with to see what they can do...

That to me would be worth more than a motor build to start...

Get it safe to handle the power... then bring the power on :-)

SHOdded

Yup logical way to proceed.  If the trans can handle the power you want it to, then you can invest in an engine build.  That was your stumbling block with the 2010 anyway.

ZSHO

If you have the time to take a ride to the HEART OF ME and take a first Hand look to see exactly what they have to offer!   Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on June 16, 2018, 07:24:55 AM
Yup logical way to proceed.  If the trans can handle the power you want it to, then you can invest in an engine build.  That was your stumbling block with the 2010 anyway.

Thats the limitation for every one... The engine can handle 500/500 but the transmission/ptu/rdu setup cannot. At least from what I understand talking to LMS, Supersix, and most of the tuners.  Seems like most tuners don't want to go above 450tq.. exceptions being BPD1151.

The race series block from LMS can take over 900hp... but who cares if I can't run much over 500 due to the limitations of the drive train. Hoping to get that straightened out first... assuming financials allow it.

StealBlueSho

On a side note... with the SHO back in my possession it got a solid detail, all the go fast parts put back on, loaded the LMS E30 tune, converted to VTA(Couldn't help myself... ), and dressed up the airaid with some foam for a better seal along with some reflective/insulation tape to help IAT's.

Debating on downpipes... dealer said they wouldn't care.. but after this goat rope.. not sure I want to go back to them lol...

lamrith

Gave the beast a proper chance to stretch her legs with a long road trip.  Took wife and oldest son up to Vancouver.  Car ran like a top, I was sitting 25.5mpg when we hit the border going north, then lost 2.5mpg sitting idling in wait to cross the border for an hour.  Traffic was moving just often enough that I could not shut down.  :-/ 
Thankfully the wait coming back was much shorter.

Ended the trip with 24.8mpg and that was running not so efficient a speed and a bit of climbing up and down a good bit of hills.  Pretty happy with the result.  If not for the wait going north I probably would have been @ 25.5+ for the trip.  Not bad for a souped up 4400# sedan.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

2010Limited

It's alive and drives. Finally got a Lh fog light bezel too. Just gotta fix the a/c now