• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

SBS, FoMoCo loves the CMax, so, LOL ...  But yeah when you have a SHO, you feel downright ... Insulted.

Bpd, you know how I meant that comment.  But I grew out of that phase a long time ago due to necessity.  I have always had vehicles that are jack of all trades, they are not spared from anything ... Sun, rain, ice, traffic ...  I try to take care of them the best i can, inside and out, but around here, it is a given you will come back to a new dent ding or scratch in a public area.  Does it tear me up inside?  Heck yeah.  But what is my recourse?  Thus I am resigned ...  But still fully appreciate what car guys go through.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on June 12, 2018, 06:15:45 PM
SBS, FoMoCo loves the CMax, so, LOL ...  But yeah when you have a SHO, you feel downright ... Insulted.

Bpd, you know how I meant that comment.  But I grew out of that phase a long time ago due to necessity.  I have always had vehicles that are jack of all trades, they are not spared from anything ... Sun, rain, ice, traffic ...  I try to take care of them the best i can, inside and out, but around here, it is a given you will come back to a new dent ding or scratch in a public area.  Does it tear me up inside?  Heck yeah.  But what is my recourse?  Thus I am resigned ...  But still fully appreciate what car guys go through.

Yes... in the tri-state area it's extremely difficult to keep a car in good shape. Even weekend cars.

And for the record... I don't know how ANY one can like this tin can cmax thing.... this is one car I won't be upset about ford dropping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

I really hope they get your SHO fixed up correctly!  Time to simply enjoy the car!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

The "Max-Lift" engine hood, and trunk lid props from MONROE arrived today.

Installed them and all good to go once again.

The 901880's are for the front hood.
The 900149's are for the trunk lid.

Cost me a hundo for all 4, with shipping.

Not too shabby.

StealBlueSho

You going to have them wrapped in white carbon fiber ;-)

ZSHO

@ bpd1151 I would of went with the Sach's which are Half the price! anyways enjoy them for many years to come.  Z  :)

$49.04

SACH'S Tech Spec's Below.

https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/stabilus-sg204069-gas-charged-ford-hood-lift-support-strut-39009w/

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,body,lift+support,1404

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

@ SBS (really now BJSHO)..... lol NO.

They're black, good enough to rock the theme I've been rolling with on/in my SHO.

@ Z I'm sure others embrace the mantra of looking for the cheaper / cheapest route.

I've learned personally that's not really the best path to travel down upon, as one's time is of value too. I'd rather flip a lil more on the front end, and not have to worry about them for as you said....  many years to come.

That said, I'm confident there will be some that take up on the one's you've posted as well. To that end....  thanks! :thumb:

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 13, 2018, 06:08:42 PM
@ SBS (really now BJSHO)..... lol NO.

They're black, good enough to rock the theme I've been rolling with on/in my SHO.

@ Z I'm sure others embrace the mantra of looking for the cheaper / cheapest route.

I've learned personally that's not really the best path to travel down upon, as one's time is of value too. I'd rather flip a lil more on the front end, and not have to worry about them for as you said....  many years to come.

That said, I'm confident there will be some that take up on the one's you've posted as well. To that end....  thanks! :thumb:
I actually have them on my SHO! The originals gave out in the Midst of winter with the Hood landing on the back of my head.....
The Monroe's & Sach's are both equivalent plus excellent quality aftermarket options which meet or exceed OEM Specs! They are roughly the same price,but www.rockauto.com has them listed for much less that's all . Z   :) If it helps someone save some extra $$ @ the end of the day why not!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Can't change the name on Shoforum... FYI...

Hotrod Lincoln

Mine is in the shop getting a new long block. Number 5 injector stuck open and washed the cylinder.
2011 MKS 81K Miles

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Hotrod Lincoln on June 13, 2018, 07:18:32 PM
Mine is in the shop getting a new long block. Number 5 injector stuck open and washed the cylinder.

Happened to my 2010... cylinder 4 though...

Hotrod Lincoln

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 13, 2018, 07:22:27 PM

And of course they are only replacing the one injector. Lol. Oh well. Their dime I guess.
2011 MKS 81K Miles

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Hotrod Lincoln on June 13, 2018, 07:39:13 PM

And of course they are only replacing the one injector. Lol. Oh well. Their dime I guess.

I ended up trading mine in... they gave me a silly offer.. $12K

Hotrod Lincoln

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 13, 2018, 07:50:51 PM

Did they do the same thing? Only replace one? Seems crazy even though I understand it's kinda rare.
2011 MKS 81K Miles

MiWiAu

Quote from: Hotrod Lincoln on June 13, 2018, 08:19:50 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 13, 2018, 07:50:51 PM

Did they do the same thing? Only replace one? Seems crazy even though I understand it's kinda rare.

Happened to my XSport. Don't remember which cylinder off hand. Dealer said they were only authorized to replace the one faulty injector. 🤨

2013 XSport