• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victorious Secret

Got a P2112 DTC. Replaced throttle position sensor since it is unlikely the throttle body mechanism itself went out. Anyone know the TPS recalibration procedures for a 2011 Ford Taurus SHO?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

A KAM reset should be sufficient to get the new TPS recalibrated.

FoMoCo, did something let go on the MKS?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Victorious Secret

Quote from: SHOdded on April 21, 2018, 07:26:51 PM

Uh oh! Tried that using my SCT. I'll disconnect the battery and jump the ground and power to drain the KAM capacitors. Hope that solves my issue. Thanks again

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

The throttle body motor is also known to fail from time to time, bamsho knows more about this than I though.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 21, 2018, 07:26:51 PM

No but had they not addressed the issues, it was probably just a matter of time.

She was exhibiting very high knock retard off idle (+7), idling rough, startup rattle, etc.

ZSHO

I reinstalled the rear view mirror camera components to satisfy the new Radar. 
Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jonnoriega

Haven't posted in a while. Added a Borla S-Type Cat-Exhaust and PowerStop Z23 Brake Kit.  As for the appearance, I got it re-wrapped thanks for Crown Customs & Coatings in Elk Grove, IL.  Next phase will be re-coating my Velgen VMB6 wheels.
2016 Explorer Platinum

Skydogs

Quote from: jonnoriega on April 25, 2018, 01:35:52 AM
Haven't posted in a while. Added a Borla S-Type Cat-Exhaust and PowerStop Z23 Brake Kit.  As for the appearance, I got it re-wrapped thanks for Crown Customs & Coatings in Elk Grove, IL.  Next phase will be re-coating my Velgen VMB6 wheels.

Nice!
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

lamrith

Awesome looking rig!  What tires/wheels sizes are you running?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

jonnoriega

Quote from: lamrith on April 25, 2018, 11:18:04 AM

Thank you!

Velgen VMB 6 Wheels
Tires are Parada SpecX 295 45/R20 with 45mm off set
2016 Explorer Platinum

lamrith

Quote from: jonnoriega on April 25, 2018, 11:30:08 AM
Quote from: lamrith on April 25, 2018, 11:18:04 AM

Thank you!

Velgen VMB 6 Wheels
Tires are Parada SpecX 295 45/R20 with 45mm off set
WOW, 295's no wonder they look like steamrollers!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Firestorm HPFP ordered from LMS today... yea its a lot of money... but after dealing with the fuel pressure issues in my 2010 which I remedied with Meth and noticing very uncomfortable fuel pressures on my 2016 I think its worth the money for peace of mind. I won't need to worry about starving the car... pretty much set and forget once this is installed...

I am not sure if its because I am so close to sea level combined with the mild temps 9 months out of 12.. but this is the second SHO that I have owned that gets pounded on the fuel pressure... oh well..

SHOdded

oooooo ... well, the wrap's off this project then!  What is the flow gain again, 40%?  The graph only shows the Severe Firestorm, I think.
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/shop?keyword=firestorm+hpfp

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on April 27, 2018, 04:27:54 PM
oooooo ... well, the wrap's off this project then!  What is the flow gain again, 40%?  The graph only shows the Severe Firestorm, I think.
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/shop?keyword=firestorm+hpfp

Cody at LMS said 30% increase in flow. Website says 40%... Ill take the difference of 35% LMAO... either way, its enough for what I want to do... I have REALLY good fuel in my area.. this SHO and the last SHO tend to be fuel pressure limited as opposed to knock limited... this should allow me to maximize a 93 octane tune... along with splashing a bit of E85 if I want too...

The goal with this one is simplicity... I don't want to worry about mixing E85 to support a tune and I don't want to worry about all the fun of Meth.. Just throw in 93.. call it a day... all year round... without worrying. At this point the only things left to do are suspension and exhaust.. I really want to keep the car quiet so I might just do some DP's as the factory exhaust flows well enough from what I understand.. And I am not sold on the coilovers as I couldn't ever get them where I wanted them. I tinker too much.. so HR's might be the best bet since I can't mess with them...

Next large purchase will ATP's.. but that will entail a trip to LMS for tuning..

StealBlueSho

Got the updated tunes from LMS for the HPFP... just need the pump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk