• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoBrick Bob

We are in Show Low, AZ  I carried our big suitcase up stairs and was wheezing for 10 min... Then I realized I was at 7,000 ft!

Uneventful flight except the 2 little kids in front of us puked all the way down till we landed...

Rode in a Raptor from Phoenix to here.  Must have been waiting for us as we saw at least 15 cops in the 180 mi. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Scott13SHO

Well I did my first oil change...the engine cover was a slight PIA to deal with under the car. Got it off and access to the filter and drain was easy enough.

The only problem is that everything went to crap soon afterwards...anyways I wasn't paying attention/forgot about the kayak I have hanging for my ceiling in the garage and the hood (when it was open) scrapped the bottom of it putting a couple small scratches in the hood near one of the ridges. I see its not that bad and figure I could buff them out.

I break out my cordless drill with the pad and make a couple passes...I have it about 90-95% fixed and decide to try one more time...and I wind up burning through the f***ing clear coat! :mad: It was my fault...partly from inexperience with using the cordless drill with the pad on a ridged area where the clear coat is thinner then the rest of the car and not stopping when it was 95% fixed. I also should have started with the small orbital buffer I had instead of going straight for the more aggressive cordless drill/pad combo I used.

I'll look at getting it fixed next year after I get married and learn to deal with it till then, can't be dropping a couple hundred bucks to get it repainted, and they'll prob catch hell matching it since its the tri-coat ruby red thats a b*tch to match from what I understand :(

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

2Canches

SHOdded

Sorry to hear about your little misadventure, Scott!  Hope you can get it patched to perfection soon.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

mjhpadi

Sorry to hear that Scott, I was going to ask why you didn't use the orbital first, but you beat me too it....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

2Canches

05yellowgt

I took the diaper and swirl inducers in the intake off.
2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost- SOLD
2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew 6.5ft bed Ecoboost w/3.55

2Canches

Quote from: 05yellowgt on October 05, 2013, 04:09:38 PM
I took the diaper and swirl inducers in the intake off.

I'm not convinced either did anything for noise. Should I drive more?

DJE624

2Canches

Waiting for the plastidip to dry. Orange reflectors on the mirrors

05yellowgt

Quote from: DJE624 on October 05, 2013, 04:53:40 PM
Take it out and do a few WOTs!
I haven't driven it yet either.  I have a 2 hour round trip tomorrow to my up my twins from my Mom's house tomorrow so I will get plenty of seat time then.
2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost- SOLD
2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew 6.5ft bed Ecoboost w/3.55

thatsmrgimp2u

Dipped my taillight trim. Gotta figure out if i like it or not. Almost looks out of place without anything else black back there.

2011 ISM SHO; Airaid Intake

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

DJE624

Good job but yeah, it would probably look better if you did the spear too. 

SHOdded

Can you PD the headlight trim to match?  That way you would be consistent front to back and still be able to retain any chrome trim as "connector" bits.  Until you go the full black PD route that is LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!