• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on February 18, 2018, 12:47:40 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on February 18, 2018, 12:23:27 PM
ah, that's too bad :(  no problems with mine.
I did find a reviewer with the same fitment issues but not worth the hassle of returning it IMO!  The search goes on as I plan on keeping the stock intake! Thanks Z
My paper filter fits perfectly!

Lol...

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 18, 2018, 01:56:12 PM
I did find a reviewer with the same fitment issues but not worth the hassle of returning it IMO!  The search goes on as I plan on keeping the stock intake! Thanks Z

Lol...

Probably a dirty paper filter at that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

I checked the Tire PSI today and to my surprise all tires were still @ 36 psi.
I also took the old man's advice and ran the A/C for roughly 15 min to get the fluids circulating and all! may he "Rest in Peace". Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 18, 2018, 02:05:02 PM

Lol...

Quite possibly, I ordered a new one last night.

I also ordered some 542's and MSD coils.

Left to do...

2013+ rear brake hardware conversion with lines..
Coils and Plugs
Up and downstream 02s
Trans drain and fill
Coolant drain and fill
PTU and RDU drain and fill

NITSOOB

Stumbled across a p2096 then p0171. Found exhaust leaks and a leak on the cold side. Had a 3" cold side fabricated, but still reading lean on my LTFT. I grabbed the wrong bend, and it hits the hood a little, but no big deal. Will probably sell it soon for cheap.

Will be replacing the downpipe gaskets with something thicker..
2013 PP SHO - 3.5" DPs, 3.5" Exhaust, 3" Coldside
Pending: 5-Blade billet wheel, AJP Tune
1/8: 8.4@86

ZSHO

Quote from: NITSOOB on February 22, 2018, 01:43:56 AM
Stumbled across a p2096 then p0171. Found exhaust leaks and a leak on the cold side. Had a 3" cold side fabricated, but still reading lean on my LTFT. I grabbed the wrong bend, and it hits the hood a little, but no big deal. Will probably sell it soon for cheap.

Will be replacing the downpipe gaskets with something thicker..
It seems there is a missing screw on the map sensor by Pre-TB.
I used a Philips screw instead!
I also installed a thicker gasket on the map sensor as the orifice was to large on the noise maker eliminator pipe! Dunno.
Here's mine from many years ago. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

NITSOOB

Our MAPs have gaskets?

The MAP flange that fits is actually from a BMW, but the bolts dont because ours are too small.

I had to remove the round metal insert to use a larger bolt. Both sides are done just not pictured.

ZSHO

Quote from: NITSOOB on February 22, 2018, 02:28:51 PM
Our MAPs have gaskets?

The MAP flange that fits is actually from a BMW, but the bolts dont because ours are too small.

I had to remove the round metal insert to use a larger bolt. Both sides are done just not pictured.
I would say over time the gasket/seal is prone to heat which ultimately can cause a small boost leak.
I used an A/C O-ring pictured below for a tight leak-free seal! Bit OCD! Lol. Z

https://www.ebay.com/itm/270pc-SAE-METRIC-HNBR-RUBBER-O-RING-SEAL-GASKET-PACKING-A-C-VARIETY-ASSORTMENT/302051827220?hash=item4653b11e14:g:qSgAAOSwdzVXvhCR

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 20, 2018, 02:25:44 PM
Quote from: stealbluesho on February 18, 2018, 02:05:02 PM

Lol...

Quite possibly, I ordered a new one last night.

I also ordered some 542's and MSD coils.

Left to do...

2013+ rear brake hardware conversion with lines..
Coils and Plugs
Up and downstream 02s
Trans drain and fill
Coolant drain and fill
PTU and RDU drain and fill

I have been considering the MSD's with some 542's... keep us updated.

NITSOOB

Oh. The O Ring.. got it. Yes definitely, thanks for the tip. The O Ring does seem a little softer than my new 3 bar.

Quote from: ZSHO on February 22, 2018, 03:27:14 PM
Quote from: NITSOOB on February 22, 2018, 02:28:51 PM
Our MAPs have gaskets?

I would say over time the gasket/seal is prone to heat which ultimately can cause a small boost leak !
I used an A/C O-ring pictured below for a tight leak-free seal! Bit OCD! Lol!  Z

https://www.ebay.com/itm/270pc-SAE-METRIC-HNBR-RUBBER-O-RING-SEAL-GASKET-PACKING-A-C-VARIETY-ASSORTMENT/302051827220?hash=item4653b11e14:g:qSgAAOSwdzVXvhCR

ZSHO

I finally had a chance to deactivate that annoying,pesky Rear sun shade visor so it stays up all the time. There is a blue/white wire coming from the plug that connect's to the module in the back deck.
Btw don't waste your time removing the relay by the (BJB) it wont work.  Z

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on February 26, 2018, 08:40:25 AM
I finally had a chance to deactivate that annoying,pesky Rear sun shade visor so it stays up all the time. There is a blue/white wire coming from the plug that connect's to the module in the back deck.
Btw don't waste your time removing the relay it wont work.  Z

you just cut the wire?