• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

Quote from: TSS on September 23, 2013, 10:50:35 AM
Saturday I spent 4 hours degreasing all the black plastic (lower front/rear valence, portions of rear view mirrors, lower side sills BELOW the thin chrome strip on the lower doors).   Then I masked off all the areas and applied the product with a foam brush.  It is supposed to last a year or more. The product is called Refinish Restorer and cost about 46 bucks for a small can.  I only used about 1/4 of the can.  I probably could have done the full job in 2 hours if I were not so anal retentive.  I washed the car Sunday and the black still looks blacker, deep, even, and shiny.  Before it was dark grey/matt black.   I totally forgot to take "before photos", so I guess there is really no point of reference  - sorry.  Time will tell if it was worth it, but at this point it seems like a winner!    I just got tired of applying Trim Shine after every wash.  The Avalance guys swear by this product for their sun faded  cargo areas and body side cladding. They claim to only have to apply it every 1 or 2 years (so in theory the one can I bought should last me me 4-8 years depending of whther I apply it every year or every other year).   Sorry for the crappy photo - I snapped it quick this morningwhen I got to my office.
MKSowURL=http://s285.photobucket.com/user/mclspllc/media/mksblack_zps72acc129.jpg.html][/URL]

Beautiful!

mhenne4

Fixed my blend door actuator, thanks to TSS' write up on the other site. No more clicking noise!
2011 Silver SHO with PP
LMS Stage 4+

SHOdded

I think we deserve a hi rez pic (or a photoshoot) of your gleaming MKS :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PopolZ

I've stained the driver`s side mirror with bird blood. Saw it at the last minute thanks to a low but very bright sun... poor creature flew away but it wasn't fast enough.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

SHOdded

Blood bath ... ugh!!!  Machine meats nature. 

On the bright side, at least you have a steamer now.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Right now, taking a break from waxing.  Got the top surfaces done.  Got my new registration for my 12 SHO plates.  Hope I get them by Saturday.  Should be going to Great Lakes Sunday.  Weather forecast is a high of 54!  Hopefully I'll be getting my 12 slip!  I think I have my launch down.  My daughter is supposed to be coming along to video for me. 

thatsmrgimp2u

Yesterday.... But I thought I would share

Drove north to pick up some hr springs

Drove south to pick up air raid
Drove east to install air raid
Drove back home to scotch guard seats, clean and condition leather, and aerospace 303 the hell out of anything plastic. Was a busy Tuesday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: thatsmrgimp2u on October 02, 2013, 04:44:58 PM
Yesterday.... But I thought I would share

Drove north to pick up some hr springs

Drove south to pick up air raid
Drove east to install air raid
Drove back home to scotch guard seats, clean and condition leather, and aerospace 303 the hell out of anything plastic. Was a busy Tuesday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

How much do you charge????
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoBrick Bob

This is an early post... On Oct 3, I am going to Phoenix and Show Low to visit friends and hopefully check out 4Dr's Flex... He better watch out... I am a quick study on sabotage....!!!

Really need to get away for a week.. Between 3 friends dying, putting Father in Law in N.H. and the dog having fleas... IT HAS BEEN A TERRIBLE SUMMER!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

SHOdded

Hope the remainder of the year is smooth sailing for you and yours, EBB.  That's rough!

SHODYOU

^^ agreed...

I installed my downpipes Sunday, took me and a buddy about 2-2.5 hours. Car feels more responsive at part throttle load and is marginally louder(off road pipes) but still very quiet. A tiny bit of turbo whistle makes its way out the tips but all in all it sounds the same... good thing for quiet cruising.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

thatsmrgimp2u

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on October 02, 2013, 09:43:15 PM

How much do you charge????

Haha. I don't even like cleaning my own cars, only do it because I hate dirt more.

Today I emailed torrie, might be getting a tuner sooner rather than later ;-)

2011 ISM SHO; Airaid Intake

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

thatsmrgimp2u

Yup... Definitely sooner. Just ordered!

2011 ISM SHO; Airaid Intake

12.91@107

geswek

I haven't washed my car in like 3 weeks -- I'm too lazy at the moment.

Yesterday I let 7 different guys at a car meet drive it; was quite funny.

I think for about 30 minutes I forgot the car was gone as I was walking around the meet looking at s***.

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: geswek on October 03, 2013, 03:13:54 PM
I haven't washed my car in like 3 weeks -- I'm too lazy at the moment.

Yesterday I let 7 different guys at a car meet drive it; was quite funny.

I think for about 30 minutes I forgot the car was gone as I was walking around the meet looking at s***.

I have washed both my cars each once this summer.  They sit outside in Clear Lake so it' ain't worth it unless I need to impress myself!