• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 22, 2018, 01:39:34 AM
Quote from: 66 Galaxie on January 21, 2018, 10:06:15 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 21, 2018, 10:46:18 AM
Fronts are on just in time...inboard pads at 0mm, lol...
Calipers look great. Are those the powder coated ones from Powerstop??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes.

Very happy with them.
part # please?

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on January 22, 2018, 04:46:21 AM
old ones & new ones
Didn't even look at the old ones and new ones are a complete assembly.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on January 22, 2018, 09:23:59 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 22, 2018, 01:39:34 AM
Quote from: 66 Galaxie on January 21, 2018, 10:06:15 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 21, 2018, 10:46:18 AM
Fronts are on just in time...inboard pads at 0mm, lol...
Calipers look great. Are those the powder coated ones from Powerstop??

Yes.

Very happy with them.
part # please?

S5466
S5468

Purchased on Amazon from speedy brake kits.

AJP turbo

Might try to put this bad boy sometime soon weather permitting...Catless CP-E downpipe for the fusion...ALso was going to try to rent some dyno time in the next two weeks but weather might be a problem as the shop owner doesn't want to bring crap in on the dyno if its bad out....Been running full E85 for a couple months now in the fusion so it's pretty lively and I'd like to see where it's at.

500$ for a catless single downpipe is a little steep I think but it's a nice piece....That's not far off what I paid for the catless SHO pipes.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

I think God is trying to tell me something...

I have gone TWICE to the ford dealer to seriously look at the new 2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack... and TWICE my sales guy I work with is in the middle of selling a car which takes hours...

AND the second time I went, there was a guy who thought my SHO was awesome. He knew the history of the SHO's and talked to me for 30 minutes. Then proceeded to ask why I was here. So I told him I was looking at trading it in for a GT. He told me everyone drives a GT and that I was crazy for thinking about trading in my low mileage SHO for just another mustang...

I mean seriously.... I think I'm getting a sign from somewhere...

bpd1151

Stangs are a dime dozen. Ho hum.

I mean they're nice, but my God, they're everywhere. Blah.

I like your subliminal messaging from high above.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

You would think I could be happy with a unique AWD   4400lb four door sedan that runs low twelves any day of the week... sigh....

AJP turbo

Quote from: stealbluesho on January 28, 2018, 02:16:38 PM
You would think I could be happy with a unique AWD   4400lb four door sedan that runs low twelves any day of the week... sigh....

You are just getting the itch from boredom...Haven't you noticed that you have never been done tinkering with your SHO? You won't stop tinkering with the mustang either....I'm afflicted with the same disease, it's sad but medical professionals have deemed it non treatable and you will die with it unfortunately.

You will get bored with the naturally aspirated power of the mustang....I needed to boost mine but that was already the plan as I knew that when I bought it...I actually bought a 10k turbo kit 2 months before my mustang that's how far advanced my disease was.

I'm surprised you are looking at the GT...For me I like them both but it's not one or the other...They are so different one or the other can't fill the void...And for what you would get on trade I'd just keep the SHO especially if you were just contemplating a 25+k project for SHO...I'd keep it AND get the stang...Or do like bruce and pic up a gently used one....I love my mustang but the SHO is so much more practical to use everyday...But then again you don't really drive your SHO daily which is also odd to me because to me that's the beauty in it...If it wasn't meant as a daily you would forgo the AWD and extra doors
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 28, 2018, 02:29:03 PM

You are just getting the itch from boredom...Haven't you noticed that you have never been done tinkering with your SHO? You won't stop tinkering with the mustang either....I'm afflicted with the same disease, it's sad but medical professionals have deemed it non treatable and you will die with it unfortunately.

You will get bored with the naturally aspirated power of the mustang....I needed to boost mine but that was already the plan as I knew that when I bought it...I actually bought a 10k turbo kit 2 months before my mustang that's how far advanced my disease was.

I'm surprised you are looking at the GT...For me I like them both but it's not one or the other...They are so different one or the other can't fill the void...And for what you would get on trade I'd just keep the SHO especially if you were just contemplating a 25+k project for SHO...I'd keep it AND get the stang...Or do like bruce and pic up a gently used one....I love my mustang but the SHO is so much more practical to use everyday...But then again you don't really drive your SHO daily which is also odd to me because to me that's the beauty in it...If it wasn't meant as a daily you would forgo the AWD and extra doors

History on the SHO was it was originally a daily driver for about a year... I switched jobs and part of the "perk" is a take home company car that you get to use for unlimited personal miles as well. They cover gas, maintenance, insurance, car payment, etc on the company car. Right now its a 2017 Escape 1.5L Ecoboost, they do 2 year leases so I will get another one in the next 4 months or so. That being said, I didn't want to offload the SHO because I like it and thought, well... it would be a fun project.

So I want to go faster... yes, the SHO and Mustang are two different cars that you cannot compare... I have the money set aside to do something if I want too.. I have talked to 3 different shops in the area and have called LMS about strengthening up the drive train. No one seems willing to take on the project as the time vs money vs interest in the development are not balanced at all. In MY mind, there is no reason to really add any additional stuff to my car without a path forward on the PTU/RDU/Trans... Upgraded Turbos are now more of need as I believe I have limited life left on the stockers.. A built motor is a waste right now.. sure I can gain a few tenths while hoping and praying that my drive train explode all over the track. But that built motor cost is significant...

So for me its a trade off... I have three vehicles right now.. I really don't want to ADD an additional one because I am bored lol... I am in no rush to get rid of the Taurus by any stretch, but a platform that would allow me to tinker FURTHER would be fun, cause as you mentioned.. tinkering is an addiction...

Victorious Secret

Nice day here in Colorado today. So, I got my wife's explorer sport out for an oil change and a much needed wash and wax.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StinkinLinkin13

Nice... How did you post pics like that? Noob alert! 😋
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

SHOdded

Via Tapatalk, OR upload them to imgur.com and post links from there to your posts here.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Victorious Secret

Thanks her vehicle takes most of the abuse committing the kids to and fro. It needed some TLC. I downloaded the taptalk app and used that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Macgyver

Unique is good. Thats why I chose the SHO. 5 second car you dont see every day.

My stable is: 2015 SHO, 2014 Juke Nismo RS 6 speed. 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS

Have you upgraded the turbos to the bored out models yet ?