• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Changed the spark plugs, washed, and put a coat of sealant on the MKS today.

Had a funny thought about the plugs.  When this platform came out the owners and tuners realized the need for colder plugs.  Then Ford changes to colder plugs.  Owners/tuners also saw a need for smaller plug gaps.  Ford has now changed the plug gaps.  Last time I did the plugs, I had to close the gap on the ones I bought from the dealership to bring them to .030.  The new plugs I got yesterday were .030 out of the box.

Also found some oil on the backside of the motor while laying under it to retrieve the little red tab on the coil plug that I dropped.  Hard to see where exactly it's coming from.  My best guess is rear turbo, but not sure.  I'll take it to Ford and let them look it over.  Could be the rear valve cover gasket.  No oil in the wells, but could be an outside leak.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Hope it is something covered by warranty, is all I can say.  Hoses, BOVs, oil feed lines, and valve cover gasket leaks have all contributed to this in the past.  Good luck!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Agree!  It's a CPO, so pretty sure I'm good.  Depending on activation date, it might even still be under the 4 yr/50k mile original warranty.  It's at 49k miles.

I have three things for them to look at.  1. Oil leak.  2. Rear view mirror is falling off for the second time.  3. Low rpm, light load stutter.

Might as well have them attempt to address the stutter again.  This time I will take it to a Ford dealer.  I know the driveline tech and one of the service writers there, so I'll see what they come up with.

It's looking mighty good all polished up.  I'm predicting a monsoon tomorrow.  Clean car brings bad weather.  LOL
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

True, clean cars attract the worst elements in nature, beasts, and man.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jordan

Plastidipped the chrome on the front yesterday. Liking the way it looks. I figure it is a popular thing to do.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

EcoPowerParts

Picked up the truck from suspension work late Friday night on the Tremor, new one piece drive shaft, moved shocks inside the frame rails, VSS traction bars and raised the front so that that steering will go full lock without hitting the lower control arms. I also had them cut the muffler off so it was just stock down pipes and exhaust but it stopped just after the cab. :) Saturday I went to a local CHEAP muffler shop and had them do an out the side exhaust and tip, he only charged $100, I asked him about installing my MAK PoS 3" catless steel DP and he said another $100, so home and back I went so he could install. Also had him shorten them up so they don't hang out under the truck now. :)
Video of new exhaust which sounds craptastic so I am putting in a muffler this week and also having him weld on my 3" boost activated cutout I have in the garage.
! No longer available

Next step?
Aux fueling!!!!
Found a way to make an intake manifold pretty inexpensively, just need a controller, hoping ProSpeed will do for us what they did for the GM stuff with CAN integration into stock ECU. I also have a 2 step on the bench and need to wire up the trans brake setup. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Jordan

Seems like we need some sort of muffler on once catless downpipes are installed it gets a little raspy.

EcoPowerParts

Ordered flanges for custom manifold for the truck based off of this work:
http://unclenard.com/modifications/custom-aluminum-intake-manifold/#comment-77
I have to pull the heads for studs eventually as the trucks seem to lift them so I'll gouge out some injector reliefs when that's done.
Also ordered some 18x9.5" wheels and 325/45R18 drag radials for the truck.
Need to get a launch max or do the home made trans brake and install so I can get to the track soon, looking forward to some flame shooter videos.
Also considering a 75 to 100 shot of nitrous.... :D
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

CroR1

Jordan

Ordered OBX catless downpipes today. They were on sale 25% off so I figured as the last mod to the car may as well get em while I can for cheaper.

CroR1

How much did you pick them up for, just curious.

Jordan

Quote from: CroR1 on November 15, 2017, 09:11:15 PM
How much did you pick them up for, just curious.

$388.12 w/ free shipping. Not bad at all IMO

gtmorgan23

I thought about buying those but I dont want to have a CEL showing all the time.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

Jordan

bpd1151

Quote from: Jordan on November 16, 2017, 09:36:36 AM
Usually your tuner adjusts for that.
Meh..... that "adjustment" simply entails the tuner to merely turn off the rear 02's.

Something most aren't willing to do any longer, due to recent crack downs being handed down by the EPA.

Obviously not an issue for those in jurisdictions that aren't subject to emissions testing requirements.

But problematic for those that are.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk