• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Finally have power and Internet back.  Last week was rough.

Here's the Lincoln powering an inverter to run a pond fountain.  Managed to save all but one of my koi.

I waited in line for 4 hours at Lowe's and was able to buy a generator so the Lincoln was only on pond duty for a little over a day.

It's all cleaned up and shiny again now.  Getting all of that debris off without scratching the paint was a chore, but all good.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 16, 2017, 03:12:23 PM
And there has got to be a way to drain the entire system at once...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm curious about this as well. I'd really like to swap to amsoil trans fluid all in one shot.
I remember a thread somewhere where someone suggested(and maybe even did it) disconnecting one of the trans lines and running the car for a brief period to pump all the fluid out. IDK if i like the idea of running the trans empty like that though. I'll try and find the thread when i have some time.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

StealBlueSho

Brad did it... he has a thread somewhere about it...

AJP turbo

If I did a thread about it I don't remember....But I wouldn't run it dry....I drained the pan, then refilled, then with the line disconnected start the engine and let it pump a qt or 2 out then shut the car off and refill the pan and do that 2 or 3 times.....So if you do it that way it's not really running the trans dry because there is always something in the pan for the pump to draw from.

However, after watching some videos I'm not even sure that was effective because the bypass valve probably wasn't open so I was likely just flushing out the pan and not the converter.

So now I'm just doing more frequent drain and fills.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: AJP turbo on September 18, 2017, 12:49:41 PM
If I did a thread about it I don't remember....But I wouldn't run it dry....I drained the pan, then refilled, then with the line disconnected start the engine and let it pump a qt or 2 out then shut the car off and refill the pan and do that 2 or 3 times.....So if you do it that way it's not really running the trans dry because there is always something in the pan for the pump to draw from.

However, after watching some videos I'm not even sure that was effective because the bypass valve probably wasn't open so I was likely just flushing out the pan and not the converter.

So now I'm just doing more frequent drain and fills.
ok that makes sense. did you run amsoil trans fluid in the sho brad?
haven't seen many post results. don't know if like the idea of slowly replacing the mercon with amsoil resulting in a mix.

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

AJP turbo

I used Amsoil signature series low viscosity ATF or LV ATF it's the blue label.

I think the only downside to having mixed fluid is the fact that you can't use the Amsoil recommended drain interval because the fluid is not a complete fill but that fluid meets the Ford spec....BUt it uses the TRUE synthetic base stock like all the signature series oils....And it shows in the price that's for sure.

And every fluid I could change I used amsoil....Signature series oil and atf and gear oil for the ptu and RDU...Sever gear is the good stuff for their line of gear oils.

In this case I wouldn't worry about mixing as long as it's the proper fluid which it is....I think it would be like adding 93 octane gas to 87 octane fuel...Same stuff just better.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: sholxgt on September 18, 2017, 11:58:50 AM
Finally have power and Internet back.  Last week was rough.

Here's the Lincoln powering an inverter to run a pond fountain.  Managed to save all but one of my koi.

I waited in line for 4 hours at Lowe's and was able to buy a generator so the Lincoln was only on pond duty for a little over a day.

It's all cleaned up and shiny again now.  Getting all of that debris off without scratching the paint was a chore, but all good.
Glad mother nature left you unscathed for the most part. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 18, 2017, 12:27:49 PM
Brad did it... he has a thread somewhere about it...
Someone did it on their Edge, let me see if I can find the writeup
http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/2040-transmission-fluid-replace/page-3#entry168172
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

polskifacet

New SHOES in. 245 55 18 winters for the steelies
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHOdded

boosted4SHO

Replaced the RECIRC motor/actuator behind the glove box. The OEM unit was popping when switching from fresh air to recirculation mode on the HVAC system. Install was easy and all is well now. Door is fully opening and closing as designed.
CW III
2011 non-PP SHO - tuxedo black
custom CAI w/Green Filter, SP534's @ .030, JLT catch can, switchback LED's, 20x8.5 +35 Ruff 959
in the works...

SHOdded

irondoor19

Started Working on a 3 X 7" Fan Set (12VDC, 1100 CFM X 3 = 3300 CFM),
This Setup Will Be Front Mounted behind the Grill, Getting rid of the Heat Soak
for SURE. WAY Tired of Sitting in the Pits getting hot,  >:D
Will Be Powered from a Aux Jump Pack... pic's of the package later this week..
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded