• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crashnburn

Quote from: chad1140 on August 20, 2013, 10:21:16 PM
Quote from: mjhpadi on August 20, 2013, 10:30:36 AM
Quote from: crashnburn on August 20, 2013, 08:21:39 AM
Today I changed out my wiper blades with a set of Motorcraft OEM style replacement wipers. I also decided to fill my car up and put the gasoline inside the tank this time. Does anyone have any suggestions for any other good wiper blades to use on the SHO?

I've tried a bunch of different blades on our vehicles and have come to the conclusion that the Motorcraft work the best...I've tried everything including the top line Rain-X and Bosch, but nothing works as good as the Motorcraft...so that's what I'm using from now on.

Went through all of the top brands for our ride as well. Ford factory wipers actually work best, and I am a sucker for the latest greatest  new gimmicky wipers.
Yeah and the Motorcraft blades have the makeshift air spoiler so they will wipe better at 80. Lol. These are 17 each from the local dealer. I guess I could save a couple bucks by getting them online, but it's not worth the hassle. In Alabama you need good wipers on your daily driver as it rains every singe day this time of the year  :bangin:
2013 SHO PP, No Mods Yet...

Needmoreboost

Drove it a around in the hot and humid 90 degree weather.  This new tune is fast in the heat.   :blowup:  Cannot wait until a 50 degree day....look out.  LOL
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

EcoBrick Bob

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Scott13SHO

I rotated my tires, what a pain in the ass to since you need to swap the rears with opposite side fronts. I also got my MGP caliper covers on and washed her today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

DJE624

Sounds good Scott!  Any pics of the caliper covers?

Scott13SHO

Only thing I don't care for is the red doesn't match the car, but otherwise I like them.

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

DJE624

They look pretty close.  I hear you will have much less brake dust to deal with now too! 

Shonuff1140

Quote from: Scott13SHO on August 24, 2013, 07:28:32 PM

Only thing I don't care for is the red doesn't match the car, but otherwise I like them.

I haven't put mine on yet, but my rear ones for my 2011 look significantly larger than yours (not the same size as fronts). I hope they sent me the right size.

EcoBrick Bob

I have the same caliper covers on my Flex.  They don't help much with my stop tech pads.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

SD13SHO

Came back from an 800 mile round trip, rotated the tires, waxed the inside and outside of the wheels. Washed her, and waxed her.  Cruising at 75...24.7 mpg with the a/c and a head wind. 
"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time"

2015 Mustang EchoBoost

SHOdded

Good mileage!  Got any pics from your trip or from the wash&wax to share?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

crashnburn

Scott13SHO,

Do the covers for the 2013 require wheel spacers? I want some caliper covers, but I hate the thought of my wheels not being mounted directly to my car.
2013 SHO PP, No Mods Yet...

Boggus

Had new Goodyears F1 installed on all 4 corners.  Stockers died at 15k miles, passenger rear tire had the least amount of tread, never rotated.

Black center caps and black lugs.
2013 unleashed SHO PP

shoman04

I'm spraying now!

Slow remote washer fill fix. There is no vent for the air presser for the bottom tank but if you just make a vent hole , the remote will just keep fill the bottom tack right out vent hole. So you have to run you vent line into the top remote, air vent until the tank is full work good.

2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

mval

chad:
The advantage of the flower petal wheels is the covers really stand out. Looks rear nice. With the '10 wheels not near as much. As for as dust, odd thing on mine w/ EBC red's is front has much less dust then before but the rear has more. Maybe someone a lot more technical can explain that. As far as spacers had to put them on my '10 but my guy said no big deal he has them on his dragster. No issue i've seen or felt with the spacers.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen