• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Ya' the usual..... detailed the bull, love it clean and shiny!

Since I can't get my wife a big diamond ring.... I waited until she was gone.. LOL

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

REDSHOCGO

I can't detail the bull until the salt clears. Sucks living in the Midwest. It is gonna need some major cleansing when the weather breaks
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

DJE624

Went to see my bud Joe aka Busyman aka Fire Guy today.  We looked at all kinds of vinyl and ideas.  I finally decided on going with Gloss Black vinyl wrap for my window surrounds and trunk lid spear.  It's gonna look awesome!  Other choices included carbon, metallic and matte in aluminum, titanium, grey, silver, etc.  But kept coming back to the gloss black.   (My white and black theme.)  The only chrome now will be on the grill and emblems.  Here is a picture at Fire Guys Tinting with the SHO and Joe's XSport.  Heading back Wednesday to do it up! 

SHOdded

{Eyes Glued to Screen Waiting for Next Update...)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Shonuff1140

Matte aluminum sounds awesome, kinda like new Audi's.

DJE624

Aluminum would have been cool for sure but for the windows I thought it was too close to the chrome and I was going for the white/black transition.  The spear, I just really couldn't decide or find the right stuff.  I had been thinking of doing it to match the grey in the grill.  Still might sometime.  But, for now I went with the black.

TSS

Today I dropped the car off at the dealer for a check engine dummy light.  I pulled the codes and they indicated "O2 sensor signal biased/stuck lean"   and  "O2 sensor Circuit".   63K miles on the car.

They gave me a 2012 Taurus SEL (cloth seats) as a loaner and I have to say, even that is a really nice family  DD IMO. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

DJE624

REDSHOCGO

2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

TSS

I returned it to stock and put on about 200 miles before taking it in.   
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

DJE624

TSS

LOL^^^^.  Especially driving it to and from Detroit to the AUTO SHOW.  I was all hyped up on cars and performance.  Honestly though,  weather was not that good so I would not have driven hard anyway. 

UPDATE:  Dealer called and they ordered a new evaporator purge valve - will be in tomorrow - I admit i don't know what that does or how much it should cost - under warranty - so i have the 3.7 Taurus tonight.

futat2

[quote author=TSS link=topic=299.msg25142#msg25142 date=1390323360

UPDATE:  Dealer called and they ordered a new evaporator purge valve - will be in tomorrow - I admit i don't know what that does or how much it should cost - under warranty - so i have the 3.7 Taurus tonight.
[/quote]

Nice, They are taking care of you. Now go out and get some scientific 0-60 times in that SEL.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

DJE624

Stopped by my shop to warn them I'll be in there in a couple of weeks for the non-cat down pipes and third cat/resonator delete.  We will just be going with straight pipes back to the stock mufflers.  While it's there, I'll do the plugs and T Stat too! 

bpd1151

Got a couple of things completed today.....

1st, I finally received my silicone end caps that I ordered from a company in the United Kingdom.

Took literally 4 weeks to ship..... I think Custom's might've been the hang up, not sure  :dunno:

These are the caps pictured below, and are used on my Custom Air Intake Setup, where the recirculation tubes once used for the Factory BOV's, are now no longer used, as a result of the recently installed hard pipes, on the pressurized side of each turbo, which now vent the Factory BOV's to atmosphere.....

Another project I finished up (for the most part) is some custom, decorative chrome caps used in the following spots:

Radiator Cap
Oil Cap
OEM Windshield Washer Cap (now my methanol tank)

I was provided these caps by a friend who owns his own custom car shop, and these were leftover from another kit, used on a completely different car.

I went one step further, and had my local sign shop, cut up some vinyl lettering to use on them, to identify which caps are for what. I'm still deciding on the radiator cap, and what, if anything, should be listed on that cap specifically..... here's some images of those:

As you can see, my engine cover is still M.I.A. and I called the body shop today, to find out the status on that.

I was told due to all of the recent craptastic weather here in the Chi-Town area, their workload has increased 100 fold due to all the collision repair(s), and they are working 12hr shifts as a result.

They told me they are aiming to get it done by the end of the month. Some of you may recall that due to the recently installed hard pipes, my engine cover doesn't fit properly, due to the flanges being longer on the Factory BOV locations. So I have ot have them trim up the vertical edge of the engine cover on the Driver's Side of it..... so soon enough.

Finally, my photographer pal Jeff (of H&K Media Chicago fame....) motored on over to Extreme Grafix and dropped off the computer files to help fabricate my new 4'x8' vinyl display banner, that I plan on using for this 2014 (and subsequent years) car show season.

I ordered a pretty sharp (and large, expandable) Ravelli adjustable photo/video display stand that will hold the banner I'm having made....

This banner will incorporate the three photos, and my most updated mod list, as it somewhat appears on Jeff's homepage, under the "sponsored affiliates" tab.

The banner should be done either by the end of this week, or next, and yes, I will post a pic of that when it's completed.

But happy about getting a few more things done.

2014 ought to be a fun year as it relates to shows, and track season goes :ok: