• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Nice Jordan.

1st the Tial's came out for our platform. Then the ATP's followed. Good to see the continued elevation of the platform. Let the community know how these offerings from GH work out.

Are they making them, or subcontracting to someone else?

Also  (and an odd side note/observation) whether you know it or not, you're morphing into the club. Club being that your collective mods can no longer be considered "cheap".

Ha! Welcome aboard the addiction. It's a dasterdly, daunting challenge that is not easily overcome. Gratz!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Congrats! You will enjoy them for sure. Mine are still whistling away very happily.

Curious, when you ordered the ATPs, did you ask specifically for the .5 BAR wastegate/actuator? By default they come with a 1 bar canister which makes tuning them a b*tch apparently on these cars. When I was researching turbos, I actually had a long talk with LMS's second in command Andy about what makes their turbos proprietary... he said the order them with the .5 cans... otherwise they won't tune right.

Technically the ATPs are bigger but have a heavier wheel setup... so you get boost lag etc..

The GH turbos are much better designed for these cars, especially on a stock motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

802SHO

Purchased the XDI35 HPFP from Bradley (AJPTURBO) yesterday.  Gotta pay to play! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

Jordan

I did order the .5 bar actuators when I ordered ATP but they messed around for a month before I contacted Matt and was offered a very lucrative deal on his turbos. Gearhead always sticking their head out for the platform. Saved huge over the ATP's
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on February 05, 2020, 09:06:54 AM
I did order the .5 bar actuators when I ordered ATP but they messed around for a month before I contacted Matt and was offered a very lucrative deal on his turbos. Gearhead always sticking their head out for the platform. Saved huge over the ATP's

Yes, his turbos are significantly cheaper... the shop that put mine on said "We can't even get one turbo for this price from our suppliers"

Gearhead is hands down the best.

StealBlueSho

install done... fun fun... drove to it test everything... rechecked the connections... all good...

Now to park it again in the garage... where it sit... all alone... and rarely run this time of year...

TBh... I installed this so I can check the transfluid easier... :-)

StealBlueSho

Well... sold off the FiST.. new job where I get a take home car again so no need for a daily.... and I'm not gonna push the Mrs's patience even further with another toy...

It was stupid fun though.

nickstewartroc

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on February 10, 2020, 08:22:19 PM
Well... sold off the FiST.. new job where I get a take home car again so no need for a daily.... and I'm not gonna push the Mrs's patience even further with another toy...

It was stupid fun though.

You sold yours, meanwhile I just finished putting an oil filter relocation kit on mine!
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

802SHO

SuperPete

2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

StealBlueSho

Well started a new job and waiting on my new daily driver from the company. Until then the SHO is my daily... decided it needed a clean up. Also did some dremel work to the SHo engine cover... it fits again!

Nova

Nice and shiny!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

802SHO

Purchased 13+ Exhaust Manifolds.  To ensure they are the good ones I said I was a 2014.  They're being shipped directly from Tasca to MaxPower Automotive for custom hand porting.  Excited to get my OEM 10-12 Exhaust Manifolds out...thanks to BPD1151 I never knew they were so restrictive.  Equally so for showing all the hard work MaxPower puts into their craftsmanship.  Why I contracted them to do mine. 

I did want Mike's new manifolds but they haven't test fit them yet...plus Mike will be the first to use that custom set.  Why I went the route I did instead.  Looking to have them on my car in a few weeks hopefully.

I should see a massive drop in WGDC% with them and the EPP Dual CAI.

802SHO

Just purchased the DW LPFP from Ortiz Performance!  Thanks Lee!