• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

Quote from: Chris_Flex on January 06, 2020, 07:20:21 PM
Got my new Gen 2 EPP intake in the mail today and got it installed tonight!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No pics?  C'mon
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Chris_Flex

Quote from: 802SHO on January 08, 2020, 05:49:11 AM

No pics?  C'mon
I never posted it but also installed the hot pipes alittle over a week ago and had my own TIAl bov laying around I had welded on, I still gotta clean the pipes up alittle and get my engine back cover back on.

That rear turbo coupler was a PITA had to get the clamp from underneath, and I still couldn't get my IAT sensor to go the whole way in I'm gonna put alittle grease on it and try to get it in more

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: Chris_Flex on January 08, 2020, 09:40:44 AM

No pics?  C'mon
I never posted it but also installed the hot pipes alittle over a week ago and had my own TIAl bov laying around I had welded on, I still gotta clean the pipes up alittle and get my engine back cover back on.

That rear turbo coupler was a PITA had to get the clamp from underneath, and I still couldn't get my IAT sensor to go the whole way in I'm gonna put alittle grease on it and try to get it in more

Yea a little baby oil and shove that sucker in there...
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

ZSHO

Quote from: Chris_Flex on January 08, 2020, 09:40:44 AM

No pics?  C'mon

Since yours is a Gen 2 intake the Iat sensor inlet could be smaller! Dunno! I guess you can always try to cut off the side plastic nipple as pic below. It can be had for fairly cheap. Z

$6.73

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,fuel+&+air,air+intake+/+charge+temperature+sensor,5072

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

6500rpm

Good mother of God, I came home from work today and expected to just throw the Duel CAI on (since I do this for a living) and 4 hours later I just finished things up (and I still need to make some fitness adjustments tomorrow or the weekend). As a lifetime practice I never put lube on hoses, usually a spritz of carb cleaner or some soap water. That rear turbo is the kiss of death-after well over an hour of fighting with it, I broke down and put a light coat of trans jell on the hose and it slid right on and I re-used the factory worm gear clamp. For better or worse, it's just a test fit until the hot pipes come in and they all go off to the local powder coating company.
Some things I noticed, some have been noted already is the IAT sensor needs some tweeking. I need to re-check my work, but my enclosure needs to be trimmed and some adjustments made, seems to crowd some wiring and the trans connector a bit and mine in general needs to be moved a bit more to the right (the front left area looks kind of funky). All this is subjective to spending some more time for final fitting, but it's not a completely plug and play experience.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

802SHO

Quote from: 6500rpm on January 08, 2020, 10:38:22 PM
Good mother of God, I came home from work today and expected to just throw the Duel CAI on (since I do this for a living) and 4 hours later I just finished things up (and I still need to make some fitness adjustments tomorrow or the weekend). As a lifetime practice I never put lube on hoses, usually a spritz of carb cleaner or some soap water. That rear turbo is the kiss of death-after well over an hour of fighting with it, I broke down and put a light coat of trans jell on the hose and it slid right on and I re-used the factory worm gear clamp. For better or worse, it's just a test fit until the hot pipes come in and they all go off to the local powder coating company.
Some things I noticed, some have been noted already is the IAT sensor needs some tweeking. I need to re-check my work, but my enclosure needs to be trimmed and some adjustments made, seems to crowd some wiring and the trans connector a bit and mine in general needs to be moved a bit more to the right (the front left area looks kind of funky). All this is subjective to spending some more time for final fitting, but it's not a completely plug and play experience. I've been a new car Tech for over 30 years, so I guess I'm kind of spoiled by the way the factory does things in terms of stops and reference marks, then again, when it comes to hobbies it seems like everything I touch needs to be modified in one way or another (  ;

Great, I look forward to the same issues..... :banghead:

Chris_Flex it looks sweet all raw!  Mine will be the same!

Rant:  Gen2?  Shouldn't that be an improved design? 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

6500rpm

Oddly enough, I had a 2019 non PP come in for service this morning and the rear turbo seemed much more accessable than my PP. Some things are definately different not to mention the lift offers better viewing than jack stands. When I go to take mine back off I may try taking the down pipe off for a bit more working room.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

802SHO

Got my EPP Dual Intake today!  Yes!!!  Not sure when I'll get to the install but I can check this mod off my list!

Thank you Lee @ OrtizPerformance.Com

Black Dream

Quote from: 802SHO on January 09, 2020, 09:10:44 PM
Got my EPP Dual Intake today!  Yes!!!  Not sure when I'll get to the install but I can check this mod off my list!

You're such a tease, how about a picture showing everything that comes in the box lol. I'm sure you're stoked though.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

802SHO

Quote from: Black Dream on January 09, 2020, 09:17:16 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on January 09, 2020, 09:10:44 PM

You're such a tease, how about a picture showing everything that comes in the box lol. I'm sure you're stoked though.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Lol!  Here is a better pic.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Nova

Installed new mirror puddle lights. They were a pain in the butt to remove!! I used a small flat head screwdriver to remove them but they would only come out to a certain angle and then get stuck. I tried pushing them back in and trying again but it wouldn't go any further, then the plastic tab broke so I tried using needle nose pliers and then the clear plastic face broke off! I then said F it and grabbed bigger pliers and just ripped them out of the hole, I had to do the same thing to the other side too! I'm not sure what in the world I was doing wrong or if they were just stuck but I managed to get my new ones in without any kind of problems and I love them! They are so bright!! I also applied a vinyl graphic that follows the lines of the hood of the SHO that says SHO. And last but not least I used an LED strip I got off of Amazon that had double sided tape and stuck it to the roof of the trunk interior and wired it to the trunk light and it's much brighter in there and I can see at night now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nova

I know some people aren't a fan but I'm obsessed with carbon fiber, I put carbon fiber on all my cars so my SHO is no different. I bought the B&I carbon fiber dash kit from CAR ID, I had time to install it today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Looks sharp Nova.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk