• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Tiny thing driving such a big ship!  No kidding, there's a LOT going on LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on October 29, 2019, 05:37:54 PM
Went back to the track.. 5+hrs and two runs.. first run was garbage as the car just spun out.. they promptly started reprepping the track.. I was the just another in the long the list of cars that couldn't get traction... second run went better.. 12.09 so not a PB..

Couple things to note...

I think I am at the limit of the stock P-Zero's.. that 12.09 had minimal wheel spin but just enough to tell any harder of a launch and they would have just spun.. I am producing an additional 71% power at the fly over stock but running the stock tires.. time for an upgrade to get that 60ft down...

The datalog was gross... I was over boosting AGAIN which was causing the throttle to stay at around 50% from 1st halfway through 3rd... more tuning that needs to be worked out...

Frustrating for sure as I am working with Matt to keep as close to stock strategy with torque management as possible. If we tuned it for open throttle and removed the torque management then the car would haul ass but at the detriment of the trans we believe..

Moving on...

I received the upgraded LPFP from Deutchwerks which I am installing more for a safety net than anything as I am maxing out the current one..

Pulled the upgraded front torque mount to see if the ride quality improved as the NVH is getting on my nerves a bit.. Its not a race car and doesn't need to vibrate like one. I have had polyurethane bushing on previous cars for performance.. thought maybe the weight of the SHO would offset it.. but no... ANYWAY.. There is too much slop without a front torquemount for my liking.. so I ordered these..

https://southsidemachineperformance.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fssm-performance-35-ecoboost-motor-mounts-torque-struts

I called the shop and spoke with the owner Mack about the hybrid bushings.. I purchased the current ones from Anthony which are the same as SSM's "Aggressive Street" setup which produces a lot of NVH. The hybrid works just as well but has a bit more engineering behind it to help deaden the NVH completely according to them. So once I get back to the track, I will know if its true.. so I might have a set of torque mounts for sale either way as I went ahead and ordered them.

The SHO right now is getting a 2 stage professional paint correction.. had a small incident that turned into a bigger incident... my passenger rear door got clipped in the parking lot... the body shop repaired it but then "dry" washed my car leaving swirl marks and minor scratches.. plus the wet sanding they did left marks as well.. so its all getting corrected. (This was after they damaged my rear bumper which needed to be repainted even though there was nothing wrong with it originally, after they damaged several trim pieces which needed to be replaced, and after the promised to fix the swirling/scratches the first time).. needless to say the car took more damage getting repaired than the repair was.

So lots of stuff going on with my vehicle.

What was your 60ft on both runs? 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on October 29, 2019, 09:07:55 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on October 29, 2019, 05:37:54 PM
Went back to the track.. 5+hrs and two runs.. first run was garbage as the car just spun out.. they promptly started reprepping the track.. I was the just another in the long the list of cars that couldn't get traction... second run went better.. 12.09 so not a PB..

Couple things to note...

I think I am at the limit of the stock P-Zero's.. that 12.09 had minimal wheel spin but just enough to tell any harder of a launch and they would have just spun.. I am producing an additional 71% power at the fly over stock but running the stock tires.. time for an upgrade to get that 60ft down...

The datalog was gross... I was over boosting AGAIN which was causing the throttle to stay at around 50% from 1st halfway through 3rd... more tuning that needs to be worked out...

Frustrating for sure as I am working with Matt to keep as close to stock strategy with torque management as possible. If we tuned it for open throttle and removed the torque management then the car would haul ass but at the detriment of the trans we believe..

Moving on...

I received the upgraded LPFP from Deutchwerks which I am installing more for a safety net than anything as I am maxing out the current one..

Pulled the upgraded front torque mount to see if the ride quality improved as the NVH is getting on my nerves a bit.. Its not a race car and doesn't need to vibrate like one. I have had polyurethane bushing on previous cars for performance.. thought maybe the weight of the SHO would offset it.. but no... ANYWAY.. There is too much slop without a front torquemount for my liking.. so I ordered these..

https://southsidemachineperformance.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fssm-performance-35-ecoboost-motor-mounts-torque-struts

I called the shop and spoke with the owner Mack about the hybrid bushings.. I purchased the current ones from Anthony which are the same as SSM's "Aggressive Street" setup which produces a lot of NVH. The hybrid works just as well but has a bit more engineering behind it to help deaden the NVH completely according to them. So once I get back to the track, I will know if its true.. so I might have a set of torque mounts for sale either way as I went ahead and ordered them.

The SHO right now is getting a 2 stage professional paint correction.. had a small incident that turned into a bigger incident... my passenger rear door got clipped in the parking lot... the body shop repaired it but then "dry" washed my car leaving swirl marks and minor scratches.. plus the wet sanding they did left marks as well.. so its all getting corrected. (This was after they damaged my rear bumper which needed to be repainted even though there was nothing wrong with it originally, after they damaged several trim pieces which needed to be replaced, and after the promised to fix the swirling/scratches the first time).. needless to say the car took more damage getting repaired than the repair was.

So lots of stuff going on with my vehicle.

What was your 60ft on both runs?

First run was 2.x cause I spun out... slow rolled the rest of the track... second run was 1.835..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802SHO

1.83 60ft with throttle closing 1-3 shift and got a 12.09.  The main problem being the throttle closing.  Under those circumstances that leads me to say it was actually a good run.  5 hours and only two runs?  Sounds like me the first two times I went to the track.  Clearly torque management is holding the car back....im hesitant to say its keeping your car together.  Do you really think it will destroy your trans?   I mean when you think heavily about it...I could understand the need to keep a close eye on it but it really sounds like the biggest setback as far as everything else you've accomplished with your build.  Maybe it's just not possible to keep strategy near stock with torque management and let the car so what its been built to do..go very fast.  Its like leaving the governor on.  I bet you will snag an 11 full weight with baby seats and all if you take the leash off.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

ZSHO

I guess with the upgraded turbos and all you can probably hit the 11's without having to mash the pedal! Some food for thought. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

Quote from: SM105K on October 29, 2019, 08:57:42 AM

What are you looking to do?  He owns his own business and cherry picks what he wants to do.  I will let him know what you need and see if he is interested.

At the moment, just downpipes. I have been trying to track down another piece since July but haven't had any response. Was more for when I have something to put together.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SM105K

Quote from: FearlessAZ on November 01, 2019, 11:16:37 AM

What are you looking to do?  He owns his own business and cherry picks what he wants to do.  I will let him know what you need and see if he is interested.

At the moment, just downpipes. I have been trying to track down another piece since July but haven't had any response. Was more for when I have something to put together.

If you just want to install your DP's, head over to my place. We can do them here and do a bunch of other things like PTU fluid, oil, trans fluid swap, and if you get a pair of TQ mounts that is the time to install them.  Since we live in AZ I would wrap yours like I wrapped mine.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on November 01, 2019, 12:37:30 PM

If you just want to install your DP's, head over to my place. We can do them here and do a bunch of other things like PTU fluid, oil, trans fluid swap, and if you get a pair of TQ mounts that is the time to install them.  Since we live in AZ I would wrap yours like I wrapped mine.

Sounds good I'll be right over

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gofspar

New PTU is in full of severe gear 75w-140, aaannd... It f**king wines under moderate to full acceleration.
Do I ride it out and hope it's some sort of break in or just pull this pos out.

PTU is brand new from dealer.
AJPTurbo E30 3bar rev4, SP-534 .28, MSD coils, reische 170 tstat, ARH Catless DP, resonator delete, magnaflow mufflers, airraid CAI, H&R sport springs, UPR Catchcan /w CCS, SSM "Street" RMM

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on November 01, 2019, 12:57:15 PM

Sounds good I'll be right over

Anytime Andrew.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

Quote from: Gofspar on November 01, 2019, 04:02:43 PM
New PTU is in full of severe gear 75w-140, aaannd... It f**king wines under moderate to full acceleration.
Do I ride it out and hope it's some sort of break in or just pull this pos out.

PTU is brand new from dealer.
Check the fill level.  Overfilling is just as bad as underfilling.

Gofspar

I don't see the failure mode here, the car works normally with the new PTU.
has anyone broken the output of the trans/input of the PTU to where it just slips?
AJPTurbo E30 3bar rev4, SP-534 .28, MSD coils, reische 170 tstat, ARH Catless DP, resonator delete, magnaflow mufflers, airraid CAI, H&R sport springs, UPR Catchcan /w CCS, SSM "Street" RMM

FearlessAZ

It's like you know everything that I need to do to my car right now. Lol

Just have to restock on fluids. Found a couple old (maybe a year or 2) bottles of PTU and RDU AMSOIL fluid. No idea if that stuff goes bad. She definitely is getting close for the oil change.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SM105K

Quote from: FearlessAZ on November 02, 2019, 09:57:32 AM

It's like you know everything that I need to do to my car right now. Lol

Just have to restock on fluids. Found a couple old (maybe a year or 2) bottles of PTU and RDU AMSOIL fluid. No idea if that stuff goes bad. She definitely is getting close for the oil change.

Just let me know. You just need new gaskets from Ford for the turbos and where the DP's connect to stock cat back. 

I personally would use Redline Lightweight Shockproof Fluid for your PTU and RDU.