• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Dream

Installed the 3 bar sensor then flashed the 3 bar tune yesterday.  Car is noticeably quicker than with the first tune.  Peak boost went to 19.1#, previous high 16.2.  Car's running a touch hotter, 5-6*, so I ordered a Reische 170 thermostat from Unleashed.  They seemed to have the best pricing on it and it was also a chance to further support my tuner.  Win, win I say......
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

76fomoco

this usually brings up the question... "why did I not do this sooner"
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

bpd1151

The SHO will have a nice home and place to hang out when she does return home better than before..... Now to finish painting the 2nd / other half, and have the floors professionally expoxy'd.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I was planning to hit the local track this weekend especially with the cooler temps upon us but noticed a clunking sound coming from the Front (passenger side) and hoping its something simple as a loose Strut tower bolt!! Everything else is essentially new with the exception of the upper/lower control arms AFAIK!  :(
I'm also running very low on the M1! Z   :(

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Black Dream

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 03, 2019, 03:31:28 PM
The SHO will have a nice home and place to hang out when she does return home better than before..... Now to finish painting the 2nd / other half, and have the floors professionally expoxy'd.

I'm so jealous, that looks great! Now all you need to add to make it perfect is a lift.....

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

Black Dream

Quote from: Black Dream on October 03, 2019, 07:01:24 AM
Installed the 3 bar sensor then flashed the 3 bar tune yesterday.  Car is noticeably quicker than with the first tune.  Peak boost went to 19.1#, previous high 16.2.  Car's running a touch hotter, 5-6*, so I ordered a Reische 170 thermostat from Unleashed.  They seemed to have the best pricing on it and it was also a chance to further support my tuner.  Win, win I say......
I got bit by the mod bug to the tune of ~ $10k years ago with a G35. Then 4 years ago I replaced it with a bone stock, mint 06 GTO that had 27k miles when I bought it and I promised myself it would stay stock and it did. Until it got flooded in May, ugh. So I promised myself again that I would do light mods on the MKS and I don't see myself doing any more. It's fast enough to make me smile and still reliable for now. If I ever have to replace the turbos, well that's a whole new can of worms lol.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

bamsho

Z, check the bushings on the LCAs.  See if any fluid leaked out, if so may have caused the rubber bushing to wear out.  Might be your clunking noise.  I just replaced the DS LCA on mine.  All the fluid leaked out of it.  Not a real bad job to replace them.  Oh make sure the shop is careful with the rear mounting bolts, I twisted one apart tightening it back up.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

802SHO

Breakfast of champions maintenance in lieu of this Saturday for my next track appearance.  Didn't change the gear oil again...it should be able to withstand 1100 miles.  But the oil/filter and trans drain I did.  Also am sending a sample of oil out to Blackstone Labs.  Pushing the stock motor with the GH turbos with Meth and nitrous I'd like to know how the engine is doing.  Got a Dragy as well.  Also borrowed my buddies $900 Samsung 4k camcorder with 25x zoom.  Want some clear as day shots of my runs with a Dragy perspective to boot.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bpd1151

You ever consider using RP's HPS (High Performance Street) ??

SHOdded

the day is yet young :D
Quote from: Black Dream on October 03, 2019, 07:52:29 PM
Quote from: Black Dream on October 03, 2019, 07:01:24 AM
I got bit by the mod bug to the tune of ~ $10k years ago with a G35. Then 4 years ago I replaced it with a bone stock, mint 06 GTO that had 27k miles when I bought it and I promised myself it would stay stock and it did. Until it got flooded in May, ugh. So I promised myself again that I would do light mods on the MKS and I don't see myself doing any more. It's fast enough to make me smile and still reliable for now. If I ever have to replace the turbos, well that's a whole new can of worms lol.

802SHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 03, 2019, 10:20:21 PM

Yes and there is one place here that stocks it but not in 5w20.  Ive thought about changing to 5w30 but its not what the 2010 calls for so I've been thinking 5w20 should be good?  The regular RP is local and I go just go grab it and I've been using it without issue so I feel safe I guess to continue.  Although I might as well go all the way and get the best of the best....and start buying HPS online.

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

FearlessAZ

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 03, 2019, 10:20:21 PM

I liked it in my 2010 SHO. I only ran through a couple of oil changes with it but I never had any issues. Considered it for my MKS once I get around to installing DPs, 3 bar and tune.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)