• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Quote from: Quinid on September 27, 2019, 05:15:28 PM
Nova, the same exact thing happened on my Flex. Came off on the freeway and flapped around beating up my paint as I try to get to a stop. My double sided tape looked the same.  I don't know what your warranty situation is. If they tell you that it does not cover trim, remind them that the security pad is on it and those two can only be ordered as one piece. The Ford extended warranty covers the security system so they must cover it. It worked for me.
This morning I tapped the trim piece to the car so I didn't cause any damage to my paint. While going down the freeway I heard something and couldn't see it hanging off so I couldn't figure out what it was and when I got to the dealership this is what I saw...

I'm still under warranty so they ordered the part and will be there Monday morning.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Haven't been around lately.. work, moving, etc... but finally had a chance to pull the SHO out, get it cleaned, and snap a couple pictures... MAYBE get to the track in the next couple weeks before the tracks close... all the kinks in the tune are worked out now so no more 50% throttle going down the track which did net me a 12.1 last time.. so should be a solid in the 11's...

Macgyver

Quote from: Nova on September 27, 2019, 05:47:28 PM
Quote from: Quinid on September 27, 2019, 05:15:28 PM
Nova, the same exact thing happened on my Flex. Came off on the freeway and flapped around beating up my paint as I try to get to a stop. My double sided tape looked the same.  I don't know what your warranty situation is. If they tell you that it does not cover trim, remind them that the security pad is on it and those two can only be ordered as one piece. The Ford extended warranty covers the security system so they must cover it. It worked for me.
This morning I tapped the trim piece to the car so I didn't cause any damage to my paint. While going down the freeway I heard something and couldn't see it hanging off so I couldn't figure out what it was and when I got to the dealership this is what I saw...

I'm still under warranty so they ordered the part and will be there Monday morning.

I cannot beleive Ford and other mfgrs use this crap. My Passenger side is starting to come off.

I am getting a roll of this stuff.

https://youtu.be/cIasko9-AmQ

SHOdded

I think quality has taken a hit over the last decade or more since the downturn.

No emblems faded, no chrome peeling, no appliques falling off, no rust on my 2007 Edge.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on September 27, 2019, 05:54:00 PM
Haven't been around lately.. work, moving, etc... but finally had a chance to pull the SHO out, get it cleaned, and snap a couple pictures... MAYBE get to the track in the next couple weeks before the tracks close... all the kinks in the tune are worked out now so no more 50% throttle going down the track which did net me a 12.1 last time.. so should be a solid in the 11's...

Idk....looks like photos taken in order to sell the poor girl off. 

I hope you do go back to the track!  You're going to be happy if you do!!!!!!!!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Jordan

Teaser for y'all last night. Left lane

I guess I shouldn't say teaser because that was my best last night but 4k da
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StinkinLinkin13

Nice! How is your launch? RPMs? I just started running full E85 and Meth injection and traction is pathetic even with my 275s DWS06 on 10 inch wheels  all around. I haven't gone to the track again yet so just looking for advice before I do. My biggest disappointment thus far has been this AWD RDU clutch setup... I wish we had all time awd like Subarus and Evos...
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

Jordan

Normally launch at 2k and hook great. Tried a little higher while also getting more aggressive with the baby shot and it didn't pan out in my favor and ended in an 11.19

802SHO

Quote from: Jordan on September 28, 2019, 04:13:58 PM
Normally launch at 2k and hook great. Tried a little higher while also getting more aggressive with the baby shot and it didn't pan out in my favor and ended in an 11.19

Damn...only an 11.19?  That sucks! 

Is it just me or isnt that still amazing!!!????
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Jordan

Quote from: 802SHO on September 28, 2019, 04:52:06 PM
Quote from: Jordan on September 28, 2019, 04:13:58 PM

Damn...only an 11.19?  That sucks! 

Is it just me or isnt that still amazing!!!????

Lol, I guess I shouldn't act spoiled about it. It was more of a in every aspect the run should had been better, but wasn't so on that side of things I am bummed about that run. It felt amazing and I was expecting closer to a 10/possibly a 10 haha.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Run enough nitrous through anything and it can be fast... for a bit :-)

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gofspar

Quote from: Nova on September 26, 2019, 07:23:17 PM
Called the dealership to set up an appointment because this side trim piece came off and was hanging by the wires while I was driving down the freeway.

same s*** happened to me doing a pull from 70-xxx, ended up using 3m double stick to position it and JB weld plastic bonder.
AJPTurbo E30 3bar rev4, SP-534 .28, MSD coils, reische 170 tstat, ARH Catless DP, resonator delete, magnaflow mufflers, airraid CAI, H&R sport springs, UPR Catchcan /w CCS, SSM "Street" RMM

TopherSho

Quote from: Gofspar on September 28, 2019, 07:37:32 PM
Quote from: Nova on September 26, 2019, 07:23:17 PM
Called the dealership to set up an appointment because this side trim piece came off and was hanging by the wires while I was driving down the freeway.

same s*** happened to me doing a pull from 70-xxx, ended up using 3m double stick to position it and JB weld plastic bonder.

JB weld after alcohol scrubbing the contact points.... on three different panels.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Nova

After getting home from the dealership I get out of the car and see this...