• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

I got this one from Griots garage.  I've don't a lot of wetsanding and fixing orange peel and clear coat runs when I used to do detailing and tinting full time.  When done correctly wetsanding just skips a lot of fussing.  For tiny light surface scratching yes a good compound with one to several applications does the job!  But 2 and 3000 grit wetsanding...is really light....but will just make the paint so clear its sometimes worth going that far.  For removing a real scratch I'll go as low as 1,000 grit...not usually less than that...definitely not on factory paint...very thin clear coat. 

https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-10813STDCRD-Orbital-Polisher/dp/B009UKUUWE
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on June 25, 2019, 02:05:21 PM
I got this one from Griots garage.  I've don't a lot of wetsanding and fixing orange peel and clear coat runs when I used to do detailing and tinting full time.  When done correctly wetsanding just skips a lot of fussing.  For tiny light surface scratching yes a good compound with one to several applications does the job!  But 2 and 3000 grit wetsanding...is really light....but will just make the paint so clear its sometimes worth going that far.  For removing a real scratch I'll go as low as 1,000 grit...not usually less than that...definitely not on factory paint...very thin clear coat. 

https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-10813STDCRD-Orbital-Polisher/dp/B009UKUUWE

There you go.  Boom!  Good stuff. I burned through my clear and base on my rear quarter on a beveled edge.  I was wet sanding with my small air polisher and got too aggressive.  You have to look for it, but I know it is there, and it reminds me to not be over aggressive. I refuse to fix it because of the lesson it taught me.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

Also, I ordered the Gen2 mounts from Tony.  I emailed him and he responded very quickly.  Items were paid for, and I already have a tracking number. Pretty damn quick if you ask me.  I am excited to see what these do for my SHO.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

For a "middle man" he pretty much runs the SHO lol!  They are great!  I enjoy the feel of them.  You feel everything...even the tiny engine turnovers as it starts.  I love it!

And don't let me fool ya, I've been too aggressive as well wet sanding.  The edges I learned to stay away from!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

SM105K

I am actually going to try the Meguiars Mircofiber compound and polish.  Just to see what happens.

SM105K

I pulled the chrome trim off tonight. Only cut myself once, so that is W in my book. Trim is ready for paint.

Not going to lie, I was annoyed when I had to pull apart the from clip for the grill.

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 26, 2019, 09:08:43 AM
I pulled the chrome trim off tonight. Only cut myself once, so that is W in my book. Trim is ready for paint.

Not going to lie, I was annoyed when I had to pull apart the from clip for the grill.

Window trim come off pretty easy?

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on June 26, 2019, 09:15:21 AM
Quote from: SM105K on June 26, 2019, 09:08:43 AM

Window trim come off pretty easy?

No...I was rather impressed with how well it was adhered. I only drew blood once, and thought I only cut myself once too.  I was wrong when I got in the shower lol.   

All in all it wasn't bad and took me about an hour and a half. Since the trim is off, I am going to wash, clean, and do a full paint correction.  I need to go to Ford and buy some new clips. 

802SHO

Great project man and a good idea!  So the trim is has a bunch of retaining clips...and some sticky tape?

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on June 26, 2019, 09:25:36 AM
Great project man and a good idea!  So the trim is has a bunch of retaining clips...and some sticky tape?

Yeah.  The window trim was the worst.  The top two pieces over the window have retainers on the end that are removable.  Just pull the weather stripping and you will see.  Then I just used a two large screw drivers and gently pried them off.  The bottoms are hooked so be careful when completely removing them.  Be careful not to crease them. The bottom pieces are held as a unit with clips.  I could not, not break the end clips because I would have to take the inside door panel off.  I was not willing to do that.  So I will replace them.

The two accent pieces near the back door, are held by one clip and two inserts.  Pry up on the front, clear the inserts and push the whole unit forward.  One of mine broke, so the base will be replaced.

The trunk was pretty easy, remove back up camera, and two 12 mm nuts.  I then used a rubber mallet to smack the retainers.  It came off pretty easy.

The grill...you have to at least get it to sag like I did.

The credit card trick on the SHO side badges was money.  Thank you for dropping that gem.   

802SHO

Good info man thank you for that!  Once I get my car fricken on the road first lol then I'll next clean her all up and take the trim off like you did.  Will probably get it painted but I may dip it. Dip maybe bc it's so cheap and lasts for a long time when done right.  Although paint would be one and done.  Are you going to color match it or just go gloss black?

SM105K

It is getting completely paint matched in tuxedo black.  I like how that looks.  With the rims, and quad tips, it should look like a completely different car. I am just trying to figure out if I want to do any accent work....

I think black and copper/bronze would be pretty cool. Maybe copper/bronze calipers and turbo bull overlays?  Just very subtle.

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 26, 2019, 12:51:26 PM
It is getting completely paint matched in tuxedo black.  I like how that looks.  With the rims, and quad tips, it should look like a completely different car. I am just trying to figure out if I want to do any accent work....

I think black and copper would be pretty cool. Maybe copper calipers and turbo bull overlays?  Just very subtle.

That will look nice color matched trim!  I just had my front spoiler repainted and that expensive Billet Badge painted to tuxedo black to match bc I didn't like the carbon black.  Picking them up tonight. 

Its funny you say copper!  I've had some copper plasti dip sitting in my garage for over 2 years untouched.  Originally I was going to spray my wheels that color but then decided to do black.  But recently I thought about it again.  I was kicking the idea to spray over the black plasti dip and glossifier with the copper.  Although that wouldn't be subtle.  Then I don't think I would want my calipers red anymore. 

The copper calipers would look good I think.

SM105K

I sent a custom order request to Devires to see what they could do.  I want more like a burnt copper/bronze.  If they can do that, I will buy the set from them for my front and rear Ford emblems.  If I like the color and I just get it paint matched for the calipers, then have them done.

SHOdded

glock-coma did the wheels on his 2010 in copper IIRC.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!