• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

76fomoco

[/quote]

you are correct Andrew...it truly will be just a check point. 
[/quote]

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

and I said to the wife " I'll never spray it with meth.."
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

SM105K

Quote from: 76fomoco on June 25, 2019, 09:25:20 AM

you are correct Andrew...it truly will be just a check point. 
[/quote]

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

and I said to the wife " I'll never spray it with meth.."
[/quote]

my car will get hit with meth too.  "For cleaning purposes only". 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

Rims are ordered, quad tips are ordered.  I went to get the upgraded trans mounts but the link is dead for Southside.  Interesting. Guess I will go and talk to the original guy selling them.

When the rims come in (should be sometime this week hopefully they are coming from the next state over) I will get them mounted immediately.  PPE down pipes are in the works. I am going to order the upgraded trans mounts as well. When the DP's arrive, the upgraded trans mounts, and exhaust tips will all be installed all together. Then she will hit the rollers one more time to try and crack 400 hp with tired turbos lol. Along the way, all the chrome will be stripped from the car, and it will be painted. I might even strip it tonight and get it to paint this week. While the trim is off, she will get another paint correction. There are some spots on the car that are really bugging me.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Solid plan!  You went straight to ordering black tips, I did it ass backwards and ordered the stainless thinking I might like it and then got them powdercoated...50 bucks.  The trim is just double sided sticky tape right?  Might take all mine off too.  I had vinyl wrapped it about 3 years ago and that held up for a couple years. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Yeah I went straight for the black tips, they aren't staggered and I won't have to clean them lol. So they will go flush with the top of the skirt.  I also just purchased the  the upgraded trans mounts from Tony.   

I don't want to lay on my back in the heat of my garage trying to install DP's and trans mounts on jack stands.  So I will have my buddy, install them from the comfort of his lift in his AC garage.  He also builds custom one off turbo kits and is OCD like an MFer.  So I will have him weld those tips in while he is there. Hopefully have all the go faster pieces installed by mid July.

I have no idea about how the trim is attached.  I was thinking clips, for the grill, SHO emblems, and truck trim.  Everything else on the doors two sided tape? 

FearlessAZ

I would love to see those tips once installed.

Always wanted ones like that on the SHO and now I think they would look better on the MKS.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SM105K

Quote from: FearlessAZ on June 25, 2019, 12:08:03 PM

Always wanted ones like that on the SHO and now I think they would look better on the MKS.

No problem.  when I get everything installed you can check them out in person.  I like my stock tips, until Andrew (802SHO) dropped the pic with the quad tips and I was instantly smitten.  Lol. 

Andrew, you have been a great influence to keep rolling with my car with the mods. 

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 25, 2019, 11:56:08 AM
Yeah I went straight for the black tips, they aren't staggered and I won't have to clean them lol. So they will go flush with the top of the skirt.  I also emailed the guy selling the upgraded trans mounts.  If they are still available I will snag them too. 

I don't want to lay on my back in the heat of my garage trying to install DP's and trans mounts on jack stands.  So I will have my buddy, install them from the comfort of his lift in his AC garage.  He also builds custom one off turbo kits and is OCD like an MFer.  So I will have weld those tips in while he is there. Hopefully have all the go faster pieces installed by mid July.

I have no idea about how the trim is attached.  I was thinking clips, for the grill, SHO emblems, and truck trim.  Everything else on the doors two sided tape?

The grille is clips, rear trunk trim is clips and a little sticky tape.  The fender name plates are clips and a credit card gets them off in seconds.  I think the trim is just sticky tape but not 100% sure.  I know when I've heated up my vinyl the whole corner piece that says SHO in it became super pliable like I could have taken it off
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 25, 2019, 12:12:21 PM
Quote from: FearlessAZ on June 25, 2019, 12:08:03 PM

No problem.  when I get everything installed you can check them out in person.  I like my stock tips, until Andrew (802SHO) dropped the pic with the quad tips and I was instantly smitten.  Lol. 

Andrew, you have been a great influence to keep rolling with my car with the mods.

Thanks man!  Usually I don't have much positive influence lol!

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on June 25, 2019, 12:12:40 PM
Yeah I went straight for the black tips, they aren't staggered and I won't have to clean them lol. So they will go flush with the top of the skirt.  I also emailed the guy selling the upgraded trans mounts.  If they are still available I will snag them too. 

I don't want to lay on my back in the heat of my garage trying to install DP's and trans mounts on jack stands.  So I will have my buddy, install them from the comfort of his lift in his AC garage.  He also builds custom one off turbo kits and is OCD like an MFer.  So I will have weld those tips in while he is there. Hopefully have all the go faster pieces installed by mid July.

The grille is clips, rear trunk trim is clips and a little sticky tape.  The fender name plates are clips and a credit card gets them off in seconds.  I think the trim is just sticky tape but not 100% sure.  I know when I've heated up my vinyl the whole corner piece that says SHO in it became super pliable like I could have taken it off

Good info buddy.  I am waiting for a paint guy to shoot me a message back about painting the trim.  If he says "send it" I will yank it off tonight and hopefully get to him tomorrow.  Then I can paint correct the car this weekend the way I have wanted too, and get the tires swapped to the new rims.   

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 25, 2019, 12:18:08 PM

Good info buddy.  I am waiting for a paint guy to shoot me a message back about painting the trim.  If he says "send it" I will yank it off tonight and hopefully get to him tomorrow.  Then I can paint correct the car this weekend the way I have wanted too, and get the tires swapped to the new rims.

Let me know how it goes bc I want to take mine off too.  Remember you'll need to cut the rear valance to fit those tips!  What do you do for paint correction?  My car has got some new light scratching from leaning on it.  Do you wetsand and everything?  I was thinking about just doing a full wetsand...nothing wild..just 2,000 grit and then 3,000....buff it all out with lights to make sure it's perfect...then polish and wax/sealant

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on June 25, 2019, 12:22:27 PM

Let me know how it goes bc I want to take mine off too.  Remember you'll need to cut the rear valance to fit those tips!  What do you do for paint correction?  My car has got some new light scratching from leaning on it.  Do you wetsand and everything?  I was thinking about just doing a full wetsand...nothing wild..just 2,000 grit and then 3,000....buff it all out with lights to make sure it's perfect...then polish and wax/sealant

I completely wash the car with a stripping soap.  De-iron the car including wheels.  This removes all of the contaminates of iron enbettled in the clear coat. Then clay bar the whole car including the all glass.  It gets washed again and dried.  Then with a spray bottle of 50/50 isopropyl alcohol and distilled water, I clean all of the glass, all panels, trims pieces, and skirts.  I pull it out in the sun for a visual inspection and see where my problem areas are. Back in the garage. Then I use a dual action polisher with a quality compound the whole car panel by panel.  I then buff it all it off, and hit it with the 50/50 to get the residuals of the compound off.  Back out in the sun for another inspection.  Back in the garage.  Then I use a the DA polisher, with a good polish and do the same thing again.  Polish and buff off, panel by panel.  50/50 spray again.  Back in the sun for a inspection and if I feel it is good enough, she goes back in garage I add "The Last Coat" to finish her off.  Takes me roughly 7 hours to do. 

Pan goes over all of this in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqv_20hJ888

When my car is on point, it looks like a black mirror. However, it is a complete pain in the ass to keep it that way.

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 25, 2019, 12:47:23 PM

I completely wash the car with a stripping soap.  De-iron the car including wheels.  This removes all of the contaminates of iron enbettled in the clear coat. Then clay bar the whole car including the all glass.  It gets washed again and dried.  Then with a spray bottle of 50/50 isopropyl alcohol and distilled water, I clean all of the glass, all panels, trims pieces, and skirts.  I pull it out in the sun for a visual inspection and see where my problem areas are. Back in the garage. Then I use a dual action polisher with a quality compound the whole car panel by panel.  I then buff it all it off, and hit it with the 50/50 to get the residuals of the compound off.  Back out in the sun for another inspection.  Back in the garage.  Then I use a the DA polisher, with a good polish and do the same thing again.  Polish and buff off, panel by panel.  50/50 spray again.  Back in the sun for a inspection and if I feel it is good enough, she goes back in garage I add "The Last Coat" to finish her off.  Takes me roughly 7 hours to do. 

When my car is on point, it looks like a black mirror. However, it is a complete pain in the ass to keep it that way.

Wow that looks amazing!  I am going to buy some iron fallout remover, and do what you descibed here.  For my trouble areas I'll wetsand them with 2 and 3,000 grit.  Usually I'll spend an eternity trying to buff off all the residue lightly with a microfiber.  If I buff/polish just right there isn't much to remove...but not always the case.  Never thought of using a 50/50 mix like you described....sounds like it will save some time.  I like to check my work with a light too....when the light shine back crystal clear its perfect. 

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on June 25, 2019, 01:13:33 PM
Quote from: SM105K on June 25, 2019, 12:47:23 PM

Wow that looks amazing!  I am going to buy some iron fallout remover, and do what you descibed here.  For my trouble areas I'll wetsand them with 2 and 3,000 grit.  Usually I'll spend an eternity trying to buff off all the residue lightly with a microfiber.  If I buff/polish just right there isn't much to remove...but not always the case.  Never thought of using a 50/50 mix like you described....sounds like it will save some time.  I like to check my work with a light too....when the light shine back crystal clear its perfect.

Get a DA polisher and good compound. Be careful with wetsanding, you can burn through the clear.  Ask me how I know.  You can get both cheap at Harbor Freight.  I bought this one off Amazon and if comes with various pads.  I am switching compounds and polishes and going to try the chemical brothers ones.  I was having a really hard time getting all of the polish off my car this last time. A good compounding with a DA polisher will be better and safer then wet sanding.  I only wet sand if I have really deep gouges in my paint.

https://www.amazon.com/VonHaus-Polisher-Variable-Polishing-Microfiber/dp/B07C61JQG1/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=VonHaus+6%22+Dual+Action+Buffer+Polisher+Machine+with+6+Variable+Speeds%2C+Random+Orbit+and+4+Pads+for+Polishing%2C+Wash+Mitt%2C+Microfiber+Cloth+and+Carrying+Bag+-+Ideal+for+Cars%2C+Boats+and+Tiles&qid=1561483326&s=automotive&sr=1-1

SHOdded

These massive quotes are going to heck for readers LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!