• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mval

can't wait to see end result mike. didn't blow out the rear window on the way with that sound system i hope!!!!!!!
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SM105K on April 09, 2019, 08:54:20 AM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on April 08, 2019, 06:27:00 PM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on April 08, 2019, 06:24:47 PM
Quote from: SM105K on April 08, 2019, 10:24:35 AM
Washed big and little.

If you have a ST and want to bump it, the Ford Performance Calibration is worth it for the money.  My circumstance was complicated (like everything).  I bought the calibration from Ford Performance for $400.  They say on 91 octane the car usually picks up 30 to 40 hp and 70 to 90 tq.  At that price that is a no brainer....3200 lbs with 300 ish hp and 360 ish tq....sign me up.

Got the dongle and voucher last Saturday.  Downloaded the software onto my computer ect and hooked her up.  Everything was going fine until about 80 percent of the tune loading...and then it failed.  I tried it again, and failed again, and then it bricked.  I had to wait to call FP on Monday and then the email volley started.  After three days of my ST being bricked and being told the software engineer was looking into it, I got the car towed to Bell Ford.  While at Bell Ford, Ford Performance emailed me and said it was my laptop that was causing the issue.  I had Bell Ford re-flash the car, and directly afterward and tried to flash the car with my laptop.  Bricked again.  Ford tech re-flashed. He agreed, it was something with my laptop. Bell Ford charged me $189.99.  Wasn't even mad.  Thank you to Bell Ford and the tech for working with me.

I went to Fry's Electronics, and bought a cheap Lenovo (windows 10, wifi, USB port) for $216.  Loaded the software and proceeded to finally flash the car with zero issues.

Little now has the FPR "calibration" installed and now 1st gear is useless even if you roll into it. 2nd gear gets interesting as well. When driving spirited, I am learning to short shift alot faster. The tq the little 2.0 EB makes is pretty unreal, which in turns the mid range of the car into a little monster.  That being said, normal driving is so much better overall, and she did crack off 40.1 mpg gallon at 70 mph on my 27 mile drive to work today. Most of it is downhill, so that was cool.  I have been averaging 30 mpg combined.  So hopefully I can get some more MPG out of it.  It is also fun to watch the needle in the factory boost gauge bury itself. 

All in all if I was only $400 into this tune I would be really happy.  However $400+189+216=$805 later, I could have had a Livewire TS and Brad's tune.......so yeah. Sorry Brad.

Next up, Raceland coil overs for little.....Ken Block better start looking over his shoulder....
Wow I thought the roof on the Taurus was tall

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I'd rather buy a programmer from a tuner like livernoise or unlimited to know I'm getting the max safe performance out of my current set up not the general safe update for the car
But it is price that's kinda keeping me from doing that as well.

I agree with you 100% when it comes to the SHO.  I bought the tuner and AJP tune because I want the max safe performance out of it.  It now has become a garage queen and usually only driven when I want to engage in general effery. 

The ST is my daily and I was just looking for a bump in performance and mileage.  The FPR calibration has given me everything I wanted.  Right now it is up 3 mpg combined and is clicking off 38 mpg at 70.  Plus blistering first gear and second gear is wildly entertaining.  I knew if I went another tune, the car would end up on e30 and I would spiral out of control with mods.  This keeps me true to the DD aspect for the ST, knowing it will be another 700 to 800 to put another tune in it.  I could use that money towards the HPFP for the SHO, or finishing my restoration of my 03 RC51.

Does the FPR calibration also mean you keep your warranty?

StealBlueSho

Torque Mounts installed today... took 15 minutes and makes a huge difference in the shifts. Cold start had a lot of NVH but once warmed up it's not horrid. Hoping they break in a bit as the benefits are there for sure...

Also go my car inspected today... honked horn, turned on the lights, activated the windshield wipers... slapped a sticker on it... good to have friends...

Threw it on a lift just to double check everything.. noticed the PTU is sweating ever so little at the output shaft. Mechanic said ford won't do anything about a little sweat, but to keep an eye on it. If it starts getting worse, take it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Dang PTU!  15 minutes for torque mounts - awesome for the ROI.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jordan

Yeah swapped mine out today with the gen2 ones he came out with. EZPZ. Took longer to jack up the car and put jack stands on it than it did to actually do them
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on April 09, 2019, 06:25:30 PM

Torque Mounts installed today... took 15 minutes and makes a huge difference in the shifts. Cold start had a lot of NVH but once warmed up it's not horrid. Hoping they break in a bit as the benefits are there for sure...

Also go my car inspected today... honked horn, turned on the lights, activated the windshield wipers... slapped a sticker on it... good to have friends...

Threw it on a lift just to double check everything.. noticed the PTU is sweating ever so little at the output shaft. Mechanic said ford won't do anything about a little sweat, but to keep an eye on it. If it starts getting worse, take it in.

Where do we get those torque mounts?????

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Jordan

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on April 09, 2019, 09:40:21 PM

Where do we get those torque mounts?????

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Email Anthony DiCunzolo at tonyuep@aol.com
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

ZSHO

Further Discussions on the Torque mounts should be related here! TIA. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,9869.msg148495/topicseen.html#new

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on April 09, 2019, 06:16:35 PM
Quote from: SM105K on April 09, 2019, 08:54:20 AM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on April 08, 2019, 06:27:00 PM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on April 08, 2019, 06:24:47 PM
Quote from: SM105K on April 08, 2019, 10:24:35 AM
Washed big and little.

If you have a ST and want to bump it, the Ford Performance Calibration is worth it for the money.  My circumstance was complicated (like everything).  I bought the calibration from Ford Performance for $400.  They say on 91 octane the car usually picks up 30 to 40 hp and 70 to 90 tq.  At that price that is a no brainer....3200 lbs with 300 ish hp and 360 ish tq....sign me up.

Got the dongle and voucher last Saturday.  Downloaded the software onto my computer ect and hooked her up.  Everything was going fine until about 80 percent of the tune loading...and then it failed.  I tried it again, and failed again, and then it bricked.  I had to wait to call FP on Monday and then the email volley started.  After three days of my ST being bricked and being told the software engineer was looking into it, I got the car towed to Bell Ford.  While at Bell Ford, Ford Performance emailed me and said it was my laptop that was causing the issue.  I had Bell Ford re-flash the car, and directly afterward and tried to flash the car with my laptop.  Bricked again.  Ford tech re-flashed. He agreed, it was something with my laptop. Bell Ford charged me $189.99.  Wasn't even mad.  Thank you to Bell Ford and the tech for working with me.

I went to Fry's Electronics, and bought a cheap Lenovo (windows 10, wifi, USB port) for $216.  Loaded the software and proceeded to finally flash the car with zero issues.

Little now has the FPR "calibration" installed and now 1st gear is useless even if you roll into it. 2nd gear gets interesting as well. When driving spirited, I am learning to short shift alot faster. The tq the little 2.0 EB makes is pretty unreal, which in turns the mid range of the car into a little monster.  That being said, normal driving is so much better overall, and she did crack off 40.1 mpg gallon at 70 mph on my 27 mile drive to work today. Most of it is downhill, so that was cool.  I have been averaging 30 mpg combined.  So hopefully I can get some more MPG out of it.  It is also fun to watch the needle in the factory boost gauge bury itself. 

All in all if I was only $400 into this tune I would be really happy.  However $400+189+216=$805 later, I could have had a Livewire TS and Brad's tune.......so yeah. Sorry Brad.

Next up, Raceland coil overs for little.....Ken Block better start looking over his shoulder....
Wow I thought the roof on the Taurus was tall

I'd rather buy a programmer from a tuner like livernoise or unlimited to know I'm getting the max safe performance out of my current set up not the general safe update for the car
But it is price that's kinda keeping me from doing that as well.

I agree with you 100% when it comes to the SHO.  I bought the tuner and AJP tune because I want the max safe performance out of it.  It now has become a garage queen and usually only driven when I want to engage in general effery. 

The ST is my daily and I was just looking for a bump in performance and mileage.  The FPR calibration has given me everything I wanted.  Right now it is up 3 mpg combined and is clicking off 38 mpg at 70.  Plus blistering first gear and second gear is wildly entertaining.  I knew if I went another tune, the car would end up on e30 and I would spiral out of control with mods.  This keeps me true to the DD aspect for the ST, knowing it will be another 700 to 800 to put another tune in it.  I could use that money towards the HPFP for the SHO, or finishing my restoration of my 03 RC51.

Does the FPR calibration also mean you keep your warranty?

Yes, if you have an authorized Ford Dealership install the calibration.  My car is out of warranty so....yeah.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

National Speed, Inc in Richmond, VA was kind enough to take some pictures of the Gearhead turbo's they received that will be installed on my car April 22nd. Shout out to Gearhead and Matt Robinson for awesome work.

Their shop foreman checked them out and said they are perfect. National Speed Inc, is going to warranty the turbos and labor too!

18SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on April 10, 2019, 06:28:55 PM
National Speed, Inc in Richmond, VA was kind enough to take some pictures of the Gearhead turbo's they received that will be installed on my car April 22nd. Shout out to Gearhead and Matt Robinson for awesome work.

Their shop foreman checked them out and said they are perfect. National Speed Inc, is going to warranty the turbos and labor too!

Hell yea man, you should be running mid 11s with those
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

ddlopes

Torque Mounts installed today... took 15 minutes and makes a huge difference in the shifts. Cold start had a lot of NVH but once warmed up it's not horrid. Hoping they break in a bit as the

Do you know what's causing the NVH?

2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ddlopes on April 11, 2019, 08:52:09 AM

Torque Mounts installed today... took 15 minutes and makes a huge difference in the shifts. Cold start had a lot of NVH but once warmed up it's not horrid. Hoping they break in a bit as the

Do you know what's causing the NVH?

The increase in NVH is caused by the stiffer bushings and more substantial mounts. They are transferring more of the engine noise/vibration into the cabin. Perfectly normal when upgrading torque mounts or motor/trans mounts with stiffer components. 

sholxgt

MKS is gone.  Traded in on a '19 F150 Platinum SCrew FX4 with 3.5EB over the weekend.  Same basic motor in a very different platform.

Mods to follow very shortly.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Will miss the MKS :(  But gen 2 3.5 EB should be good.  Watch for fuel dilution issues, change oil early the first few times around.  Lab analysis of results I would say are almost compulsory given how "new" this engine is.  Hopefully will fare better than the DI version of the 5.0.

Ok, on to the good stuff :D  Post lotsa pics in a new thread here:
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,122.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!