• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Circle D fab'd a torque converter few years back, and it didn't help.

Owner who had it in his SHO, was .6 SLOWER in the 1/4 & only gained back .3 upon revised dyno tune.

So I myself am not hopeful with the developments on that front.

Although every lil bit helps.

Suffice to say, an ENTIRE trans upgrade will be key to both new record times, as well as any expectation of longevity.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 19, 2019, 07:43:41 PM
Circle D fab'd a torque converter few years back, and it didn't help.

Owner who had it in his SHO, was .6 SLOWER in the 1/4 & only gained back .3 upon revised dyno tune.

So I myself am not hopeful with the developments on that front.

Although every lil bit helps.

Suffice to say, an ENTIRE trans upgrade will be key to both new record times, as well as any expectation of longevity.

Matt said the reason for that was the TC was too heavy... his are gonna be billet so it won't have that problem... we will see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 19, 2019, 07:46:17 PMMatt said the reason for that was the TC was too heavy... his are gonna be billet so it won't have that problem... we will see...

Cool!!!!

shoNoff

billet converter would be mucho dinero for a daily.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

J-Will

I traded the SHO at the end of December for a 2018 Yukon XL Denali. The end of year sales were nuts.

The reason is still confusing- with a growing family the SHO was no longer practical... A large sedan isn't the right fit for 2 child seats and the occasional dog crate. It took me a while to wrap my head around that. Getting an infant under the door, but over the car seat took more manoeuvering than I could perform without bumping a head. 

For reference- they gave me $15,500 for a 2014 SHO (non pp) with driver assist package and 50,210 miles. The SHO is already off their website, presumably sold, I'll try to get the details in a few months when I'm there for the Yukon first maintenance visit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SHOdded

Old companions, new companions :)  Sorry to see the SHO go, good luck with the Denali.  Does it have the newest transmission (9 sp?) in it?  A friend had recently rented the Suburban version and reported constant micropulsing.  Otherwise a positive review :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

My pile of stock parts is starting to get a bit large... HPFP, Intake, intake piping, couple 2bar maps, exhaust, intercooler, fuel lines, pcv lines. springs etc etc... Gonna need to re-org my garage and basement storage...

SHOdded

There's a SnapOn toolbox with your name on it, LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 21, 2019, 10:11:15 AM
My pile of stock parts is starting to get a bit large... HPFP, Intake, intake piping, couple 2bar maps, exhaust, intercooler, fuel lines, pcv lines. springs etc etc... Gonna need to re-org my garage and basement storage...
Must be a Michael thing.....

I was in the same boat for quite a while myself.

Good luck with all your impending installs.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 21, 2019, 10:15:43 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 21, 2019, 10:11:15 AM
Must be a Michael thing.....

I was in the same boat for quite a while myself.

Good luck with all your impending installs.

Ha! I appreciate it, and you as well! Did you end up selling, storing, or dumping all the parts?

Quote from: SHOdded on March 21, 2019, 10:14:46 AM
There's a SnapOn toolbox with your name on it, LOL.

To rich for my blood! Old school craftsman set (before they were made in china) that I still have from when I was 16. Best Christmas present my father EVER gave me. Supplemented through the years with various pieces.

bpd1151

Mine were all being stored, as I completed purchases when funds permitted.

The invitation/inclusion into the "Ford Select" program for this year's 2019 National's prompted me to get cracking on installing all of it.

My list was nearly as long as yours, and I've been adding to it with the purchase of a new radiator, rad hoses, powder coating and painting various parts etc. as the installs have been occurring.

Seems no better time to perform ancillary work, and replace OEM equipment that is now several years old. While all performing fine mind you, easier now to do while the car's all torn apart.

The added safety net will provide a sense of assurance that my SHO will continue running flawlessly for several more years yet to come.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 21, 2019, 10:22:49 AM
Mine were all being stored, as I completed purchases when funds permitted.

The invitation/inclusion into the "Ford Select" program for this year's 2019 National's prompted me to get cracking on installing all of it.

My list was nearly as long as yours, and I've been adding to it with the purchase of a new radiator, rad hoses, powder coating and painting various parts etc. as the installs have been occurring.

Seems no better time to perform ancillary work, and replace OEM equipv that is now several years old. While all performing fine mind you, easier now to do while the car's all torn apart.

The added safety net will provide a sense of assurance that my SHO will continue running flawlessly for several more years yet to come.

It has been awhile since LMS built those current tune file yes? Will be interesting what the numbers look like after it gets done on the rollers. Do you have that scheduled yet? Best luck!

AJP turbo

Took the snow tires and wheels off and put the stockers back on and cleaned up the brake calipers and put in new yellowstuff pads. The Bluestuff I had in there were really aggressive and worked well but the dust was so bad and I bet they were only going to last 10k miles so I'll try the yellow
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

J-Will

Quote from: SHOdded on March 21, 2019, 08:28:08 AM
Old companions, new companions :)  Sorry to see the SHO go, good luck with the Denali.  Does it have the newest transmission (9 sp?) in it?  A friend had recently rented the Suburban version and reported constant micropulsing.  Otherwise a positive review :D
It does have the new 10 speed; same one in the ZL1. She's quick for as large as she is, the 6.2 puts out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SHOdded

Quote from: AJP turbo on March 22, 2019, 07:37:16 PM
Took the snow tires and wheels off and put the stockers back on and cleaned up the brake calipers and put in new yellowstuff pads. The Bluestuff I had in there were really aggressive and worked well but the dust was so bad and I bet they were only going to last 10k miles so I'll try the yellow
See if EBC has Orangestuff/SUV pads for your fusion, tho very likely, Yellow might be good enough.  The Orange came out after the Yellow.

Or go CarboTech (I assume they are still around).