• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 13, 2019, 01:11:36 PM
Hot damn my PC'er is good and fast. Front crash bar's already done. Just picked it up. Also I am working on the plastic piece that fits over it.

No more rust to ever worry about creeping up there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is how I installed mine too. Full install took me and a buddy 2.5 hours to do. We spent more time in his mint old school Mach 1 Mustang joyriding than we did working on my bull. Your car is going to be NUTS! I can't wait to see the new times! Let's go 10's!
2013 NON-PP SHO Tuxedo Black
Unleashed 3 Bar Tune -12.865 @ 106.5
AJP POWERED Tune - 12.59 @ 108.?

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

bpd1151

Forgot to mention besides the GH intercooler, I purchased a new Performance Pack radiator (has the fittings for the PTU cooler) and although my OEM radiator is fine, it is 9yrs old now, and rather have piece of mind moving forward.

I also am fitting another aux trans cooler to the SHO.

This one with a fan on it, and fits ever so nicely atop the front crash bar.

SHOdded

A boatload of equipment.  Time to shop this shark for a movie series.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 13, 2019, 08:50:18 PM
Forgot to mention besides the GH intercooler, I purchased a new Performance Pack radiator (has the fittings for the PTU cooler) and although my OEM radiator is fine, it is 9yrs old now, and rather have piece of mind moving forward.

I also am fitting another aux trans cooler to the SHO.

This one with a fan on it, and fits ever so nicely atop the front crash bar.
That looks slick! got a part # handy for that fan?
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FiveLeeter918

Today I spent more money! LOL

been a bit since the updates, but the wife was out of town a few weeks ago so I took the time to install the new Gearhead Intercooler and a set of Stainless Works downpipes that have been in my garage for close to 2 years...

I also curbed the s*** out of my front driver wheel, so took the chance to upgrade to a set of 20x8.5 MMD Seven wheels from AmericanMuscle.com.

Then this week I ordered a second hand brand new J2Fabrication Dual Intake for a steal, guy sold his car before the intake came in so he was looking to unload he cheap.

I also ordered a Sync 3 conversion kit (pieced together) that I will be installing this weekend if I get time.

Then last night during the 15% off sale on eBay, I went ahead and picked up a Ford Flex lower engine cover with the vents for the PTU and rear turbo, so we'll see if that helps any.

Can't wait for track season!
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

SHOdded

Lotta moves in a short period of time.  I guess when opportunity beckons ... :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: SHOdded on March 14, 2019, 02:48:23 AM
Lotta moves in a short period of time.  I guess when opportunity beckons ... :D

Im a parts hoarder. I buy when cheap and stockpile. I still have other stuff to install, time is limited though.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

SHOdded

bpd1151

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on March 13, 2019, 10:54:24 PMThat looks slick! got a part # handy for that fan?

My apologies for the delay. Completely unintentional. I was on duty the last two nights. 12hr shifts essentially means not much time to do anything else beyond work/sleep/eat/poop/etc. rinse and repeat.

Anyhow, here's the info on it......

https://derale.com/product-footer/fluid-coolers/transmission/remote-mount2013-10-28-09-53-271226240719/13950-detail

You pick whether to purchase direct, or go through a 3rd party vendor of your choosing.

I would also suggest getting this mounting kit, and relay switch as well (both of which do not come with the fan itself).

Good luck. Any other questions, LMK.

MiWiAu

Removed my RXP OCC system. Will be posting it for sale after I get all my daylight chores done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

ZSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on March 16, 2019, 04:07:40 PM
Removed my RXP OCC system. Will be posting it for sale after I get all my daylight chores done.

Hmm! I hope your not selling your Sport! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MiWiAu

Quote from: ZSHO on March 16, 2019, 04:24:16 PM

Not yet, Z! Between birth complications with the new baby, a couple of planned surgeries (for me) over the next two months, and the unexpected timing chain repair, we've quickly accumulated almost $15k in medical and car repair bills, only about $9k of which was planned, so we're cutting back on non-essentials to cover the extra costs. A little sacrifice now for more financial freedom in the relatively near future. :)

2013 XSport

ZSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on March 16, 2019, 04:36:12 PM

Not yet, Z! Between birth complications with the new baby, a couple of planned surgeries (for me) over the next two months, and the unexpected timing chain repair, we've quickly accumulated almost $15k in medical and car repair bills, only about $9k of which was planned, so we're cutting back on non-essentials to cover the extra costs. A little sacrifice now for more financial freedom in the relatively near future. :)

Sorry to hear! Hoping the best my friend and keep that chin up.Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MiWiAu

Quote from: ZSHO on March 16, 2019, 05:00:25 PM
Quote from: MiWiAu on March 16, 2019, 04:36:12 PM

Sorry to hear! Hoping the best my friend and keep that chin up.Best of luck.  Z

No worries! All is well here, sir. Thank you!

2013 XSport

MiWiAu

After removing the OCC system earlier today, I changed out my plugs and cleaned up the engine bay.

I was definitely overdue for plugs. They were installed at 30K with my tune (NGK, one step cooler), and I just replaced them with OEM SP580 @ 75K. Old plugs were gapped at 0.030" when installed and several of them measured 0.044" today.

I noticed immediately that it ran smoother all around, but particularly at idle. Could barely tell the thing was running.

2013 XSport