• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: lamrith on March 05, 2019, 05:04:04 PM
Quote from: sm105k on March 05, 2019, 04:25:32 PM
Quote from: lamrith on March 05, 2019, 03:00:17 PM
Quote from: sm105k on March 05, 2019, 02:12:07 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on March 05, 2019, 02:01:40 PM
I seem to attract crashes as well.  Limping but still alive, LOL.  Fingers crossed you won't be in another one.

No promises.  I fully understand that in a city of 4.7 million people, every time I step over the side of motorcycle I put myself at serious risk for bodily harm and death.  I have lost numerous friends over the years to MC wrecks.  It is what it is. There are very few vehicles that sound better then a screaming high reving V-Twin through Sato Exhaust.
Yeah I gave up riding long ago.  Does not help that here it rains 9mos a year, but the drivers up here are just extremely bad as well.  I used to ride "defensively aggressive" looking for potential problems/stupid driver moves coming up by watching and reading the drivers around me, Then make aggressive moves to get myself out of the way before they made the stupid move.  On a bike it is surprising how you can ready body language of other drivers and what they are doing and predict their next move.  But that only gets you so far.  I had a number of close calls and after decades rolling the dice on 2 wheels, folded my cards and bowed out.

I miss going out on backroads and cruising thru the mountains etc, but that is why I am building up a hellion sports car to go carve canyons with.

You are 100 percent correct about how reading body language almost becomes a second sense.  Every time I get on a bike, I convince myself every driver is completely stupid and out to kill me. Like you said, I think having that ability gives you the edge and extends those close calls....but for only so long.  Been on two wheels for 25 years now and I am not bored with it yet.  Will it be the death of me?  Only time will tell.
Yeah I never was bored with it, just felt the clock ticking.  It is not if but when you will go down.  I was lucky enough to keep my falls to offroad and pedal bikes.  I went 32yrs or so riding daily.  Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!

Thank you sir.  I should have the RC51 buttoned up soon.  It has been neglected since I purchased the SHO.  I think the RC is jealous of the SHO lol.  I stopped daily riding over a decade ago, too many close calls as well.  The clock was ticking for me too.  I usually only ride the RC a couple times a week, during low traffic times.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Turbo upgrades, downpipe install, and some maintenance items all scheduled for April 22nd... its gonna be a long 5 weeks!

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 12, 2019, 08:46:35 AM
Turbo upgrades, downpipe install, and some maintenance items all scheduled for April 22nd... its gonna be a long 5 weeks!

I am really excited to see what happens with these upgrades.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

ATP?  And what shop did you end up going with for install..GH, local or Livernois?  I remember you said you were waiting on quotes from GearHead and Livernois.  And sorry to interrogate...but would you mind letting us know what the quote was from Livernois and GH for turbo upgrade install? 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on March 12, 2019, 12:49:07 PM

ATP?  And what shop did you end up going with for install..GH, local or Livernois?  I remember you said you were waiting on quotes from GearHead and Livernois.  And sorry to interrogate...but would you mind letting us know what the quote was from Livernois and GH for turbo upgrade install?

Not gonna provide pricing as I don't want to start a whole thing as both Livernois and Gearhead are good shops. The turbos will be installed at National Performance in Richmond, VA and I will not be using the ATPs for various reasons. Depending on how things go, I will might be renting the dyno down there for a few hours to get stuff dialed in.

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 12, 2019, 12:54:12 PM

Not gonna provide pricing as I don't want to start a whole thing as both Livernois and Gearhead are good shops. The turbos will be installed at National Performance in Richmond, VA and I will not be using the ATPs for various reasons. Depending on how things go, I will might be renting the dyno down there for a few hours to get stuff dialed in.

It's unfortunate that that could start a "thing" but you're right.  I was curious as I am also looking into similar work but I was thinking about doing it myself to save money.  Of course I would rather someone else does.

Anyway you could let me know what type of turbo you went with?  I'm on the fence with ATP bc of the waste gate actuator issue?  I can understand why you might want to keep it to yourself too so people don't try and copy youre exact set up.  So no pressure.  Just curious. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

SM105K

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on March 12, 2019, 01:05:56 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 12, 2019, 12:54:12 PM

It's unfortunate that that could start a "thing" but you're right.  I was curious as I am also looking into similar work but I was thinking about doing it myself to save money.  Of course I would rather someone else does.

Anyway you could let me know what type of turbo you went with?  I'm on the fence with ATP bc of the waste gate actuator issue?  I can understand why you might want to keep it to yourself too so people don't try and copy youre exact set up.  So no pressure.  Just curious.

I will let you know when its done, how about that? :-) I have heard a few things about the waste gate actuator issue with the ATPs. I do know for a FACT that Livernois orders the ATP with a different wastegate setup just for that reason. Which is why you don't see ATP upgraded SHO's from LMS with those issues.

I don't mind if people copy my setup, I just hope it works the way I want it too..  Not much left to do after this besides sit it out, wait for drivetrain upgrades, and then get a motor built.. but thats all dependent on drive train upgrades.

bpd1151

Lots of unintended delays since getting over to the shop.

Myself, wife, oldest and youngest daughter all got horribly sick. It was bad. Bad enough that we ended up taking oldest daughter to the ER. Ugh crazy.

Then my mechanic pal fielded a concerning call from his neighbors where his 2nd home is at, way up in Northern WI. that informed him the nearly 30" of snow on his roof, was causing damage. So he had to get up there and do some major snow removal which at into our time.

Anyhow, we FINALLY got started on the SHO today.

Ended up taking the entire front crash bar off, and angling entire front carrier forward to provide us with ample room.

Just turned out to be an easier approach rather than fighting for what little room was/is in there. Not to mention all the wiring for the LED's all throughout engine compartment, meth lines, etc. made it even dicier so we just said to ourselves "F it".

Glad we did. Sooooooo..... since everything's apart, we're gonna replace the radiator (since mine's original to the car) & trying to find out if the P.I. one is any bigger than the civilian variant.

Also, gonna do some clean up work on misc. parts, and already dropped off the front crash bar to my powder coater (might as well since it's off the car).

Installing an addt'l aux trans cooler as well, this one with its' own cooling fan. Gonna mount it atop the front crash bar where there's just/enough room to clear everything.

Trying to continue being smart about my mods, as I always have been.

Off to start doing some parts cleaning......

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

802SHO

Its crazy really that even with the fact that you're already at 600 awhp you're still upgrading all the fueling components you can, trans mounts, GH intercooler, msd coils, etc.  I was thinking you could already potentially wound your trans with your power even without all the additional mods...glad to see you are taking precautions with the addition of another aux cooler...thats a great idea and one that can only help you in your goals.  Nice touch.  And with all the talk of coolant flushes your opting to switch out the radiator as well.  Your car is definitely very well built.  If I could do it all it would be something like yours.  Your car is my cars hero lol

bpd1151

Thanks 802.

I've consistently tried to take the smart approach to my build. Since having begun down the modding path upon purchasing the car new, over 9yrs ago. Good Lord that sounds sooooooo long ago.

My next venture will be the transmission itself, and I've got a potential angle in on that as I type this. Luckily my current one is still fine (thanks to an EXTREME maintenance regimen).

Always new achievements on the horizon. I am super stoked about having been selected for this year's giant Ford National's as part of their invitational/select program. Only 12 cars each year get chosen. So I know I have to continue to keep raising the bar for the platform.

Can't let Zack Howard and the "Blue Turd" have all the recognition after all. Tee hee hee.

SM105K

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 12, 2019, 05:23:18 PM
Thanks 802.

I've consistently tried to take the smart approach to my build. Since having begun down the modding path upon purchasing the car new, over 9yrs ago. Good Lord that sounds sooooooo long ago.

My next venture will be the transmission itself, and I've got a potential angle in on that as I type this. Luckily my current one is still fine (thanks to an EXTREME maintenance regimen).

Always new achievements on the horizon. I am super stoked about having been selected for this year's giant Ford National's as part of their invitational/select program. Only 12 cars each year get chosen. So I know I have to continue to keep raising the bar for the platform.

Can't let Zack Howard and the "Blue Turd" have all the recognition after all. Tee hee hee.

Get after it.  Damn two builds now to watch. This is going to be damn exciting.

SHOdded

Hope the family is back to full strength now!  Glad to see the projects underway, it is time to play :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Hoping for a speedy recovery to you and the Family bpd1151! Take care my friend. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

Hot damn my PC'er is good and fast. Front crash bar's already done. Just picked it up. Also I am working on the plastic piece that fits over it.

No more rust to ever worry about creeping up there.