• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 21, 2019, 03:06:43 PM
I have had no problems holding more than 15psi at redline with my GH tune after the IC install...

With my GH tune I hold 17ish psi and it drops to 15ish at redline...

With my LMS tune I hold 15psi and drop to about 14psi at redline..

All post IC install.

It holds 15ish at redline even after the GH IC install.  Maybe the IC is too big to keep the boost up on these little turbos.  I know Matt had talked in a thread that upgraded turbos would really benefit from the GH IC.  He also said the IC is on the verge of being too big for the stock turbos. So who knows.  Maybe my turbos are tired.

If Brad sees this maybe he will chime in. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: sm105k on February 21, 2019, 04:27:10 PM
I have had no problems holding more than 15psi at redline with my GH tune after the IC install...

All post IC install.

It holds 15ish at redline even after the GH IC install.  Maybe the IC too big to keep the boost up on these little turbos.  I know Matt had talked in a thread that upgraded turbos would really benefit from the GH IC. 

Maybe, Matt says the IC is 20% greater in volume. That being said... I just looked at a guys datalog with stock turbos and GH IC holding almost 19psi to redline with 20+ degrees of spark...

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 21, 2019, 04:30:27 PM
Quote from: sm105k on February 21, 2019, 04:27:10 PM

All post IC install.

It holds 15ish at redline even after the GH IC install.  Maybe the IC too big to keep the boost up on these little turbos.  I know Matt had talked in a thread that upgraded turbos would really benefit from the GH IC. 

Maybe, Matt says the IC is 20% greater in volume. That being said... I just looked at a guys datalog with stock turbos and GH IC holding almost 19psi to redline with 20+ degrees of spark...

Either way, my SHO is riding and I am extremely happy.  It should show on the dyno tomorrow at 9 am in 40 degree air.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

AJP turbo

All post IC install.

You have good turbos..I remember running 20 psi no problem in my sho
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 21, 2019, 05:20:45 PM

All post IC install.

You have good turbos..I remember running 20 psi no problem in my sho

Hope so, car only has 17K miles on it... besides these stockers won't be on long... ;-)

Jordan

I know I mentioned it, but I never posted anything. So now when I beat people in races I say you got beat by a pile of ship.... Or I yell ALL ABOARD when people going to ride in the taurus.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SM105K

Jordan

Quote from: sm105k on February 22, 2019, 07:15:25 AM
Guess I am doing springs tomorrow.

Nice! Just a suggestion but put a couple hundred pounds in the back when you finish. Helps get the rear settled in
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

802SHO

Do what I did, just get in the trunk and bounce the living scrap out of it...same thing ...sort of.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on February 22, 2019, 11:11:53 AM
Do what I did, just get in the trunk and bounce the living scrap out of it...same thing ...sort of.
Quote from: Jordan on February 22, 2019, 10:54:54 AM
Quote from: sm105k on February 22, 2019, 07:15:25 AM
Guess I am doing springs tomorrow.

Nice! Just a suggestion but put a couple hundred pounds in the back when you finish. Helps get the rear settled in

I am just going to drive the piss out of it. 

SM105K

I installed my H&R Drop springs this weekend.  That was fun. Couple of take aways.  I have a 13 so the front is easier then the 10-12.

I had Pepboys swap the front springs.  They charged me $52 for the spring swap, and then $89.99 for the alignment. I bought the springs from stage 3 for $262 including shipping.  So for $403 and my labor, the springs are in the car.

On the front, the two large nut and bolts that hold the strut to the brake assembly are splined.  Crack the nut, and bring it flush with the end of the bolt.  Then smack the crap out of it with a hammer.  I didn't realize this and my trusty breaker bar became an casualty.

The rears are really easy. I removed the wheels and tires, and just dropped the sway bar links, and the removed the large bolt that connects the "A" arm into the rear cradle.  Use a jack to lower the "A" arm and remove the spring.  Really easy. Reverse the steps to install H&R springs.  I actually got the rear camber bolts pretty square on with the alignment.  Even the tech was like, you did that? 

All in all it was a pretty easy install, but it was brutal on my knees.  I am terrible at documenting things with pictures, but her are the some pictures.  When the car settles I will snap some more.  I have a stock picture, a leveled rear pic (I cut my PP Springs), and I will have my H&R springs picture soon. 

I have already noticed better handling and a different ride.  I can't wait until she settles.

SHOdded

Looking GOOD!  Take care of those knees, never a good thing when they start to give ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on February 25, 2019, 09:25:35 AM
Looking GOOD!  Take care of those knees, never a good thing when they start to give ...

Three shows in two weeks, averaged 8 miles walking per day last week at work, and four knee operations (two both)....

They were feeling good in January.  I have some rehab planned over the next 6 weeks.  I have terrible Nitro-methane and Sun hangover as well.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

FINALLY!!! Found a shop within a couple hour drive that has a Mechanically Linked DYNOJET!!!!  I am scheduled for Wednesday afternoon for a dyno session to compare the custom E30 tune from LMS and the E30 tune from Gearhead. 

What is REALLY cool is the shop is extremely familiar with the SHO and know Livernois as well. They were talking about a recent build they just did with a customer that included a motor, turbos, etc etc.. excited to see what can be done. They did offer to tune it as well lol..  We will see!

National Speed Inc in Richmond, VA.