• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToMang07

Spent the day yesterday cleaning out the garage, putting the toys away and prepping for winter, as well as making space for the car.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

The Front primary upstream (wideband) 02 sensors replaced @ roughly 14K as per OCD Specs. Lol.
The original 02 sensors were changed @ roughly 52-54K and look pretty much well done!
The ones changed today have roughy 12-14K on them IIRC and look pretty black while running rich which is ordinary especially while being tuned... 

I think the 02 sensors since playing such a critical role should be changed more often and categorized under severe conditions in conjunction with your spark plugs IMO!
The one sensor can be changed from TOP of the engine and located between the fans,while the other sensor can be accessed through the passenger side front wheel well with the wheel removed while using your basic 7/8 inch or 22mm socket-wrench...

(Part numbers below for reference)

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8974.0.html

MOTORCRAFT DY1185 -8F9Z9F472H

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3421647&cc=1503823&jsn=446

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,exhaust+&+emission,oxygen+(o2)+sensor,5132

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

Geezuz Z.....

Those look absolutely horrible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Ford calls @ 60K intervals Ha! 30K minimum @ best ! Something we neglect to change.  Z

ZSHO

I purchased these front 02 sensors from www.rockauto.com a few days ago for a grand total of $110.00 for TWO!

These are the alternative to the original stock MOTORCRAFT DY1185 -8F9Z9F472H which are the exact fitment with the only difference is the longer harness length which comes in handy. 

I'm a pretty happy camper since the prices have substantially increased on these bad boys. Z   :)

Prices below for comparison.

MOTORCRAFT DY1184- 8F9Z9F472G

$143.79

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3422127&jsn=10473

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/motorcraft,DY1184,oxygen+(o2)+sensor,5132

$173.55

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-sensor-hego-dy1184

$169.02

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-sensor-hego-dy1184

shoNoff

My god I can only imagine what mine look like. 53k and all the 100 octane race fuel I've run through them. Looks like one more thing to add to the list for the winter. Thanks for the pics Z
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

Quote from: shoNoff on November 09, 2018, 06:55:23 PM
My god I can only imagine what mine look like. 53k and all the 100 octane race fuel I've run through them. Looks like one more thing to add to the list for the winter. Thanks for the pics Z
Its my pleasure,but if I tell you that you will notice an increase in power you will change them sooner than later since they control the AFR!  Z  :)

StealBlueSho

Eh, I think 30K is too soon...

Most of what you are seeing is discoloration of the shielding...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

IDK about that.  The 14K plugs look pretty bad.  Could be cleaned like all those YT videos tell you to :D but do widebands react the same as narrowbands to these methods?

I don't see many if any pics of oxygen sensors being pulled say every 10K miles to know if this is an exception or not.  Stock vs tuned.

ZSHO

Did a Battery reset/relearn via IDS! Time to Train the Redhead to relearn its values.  Z

Here's a pic of the new MC-DY-1184 senor which the harness-length is a bit longer than the stock MC-DY-1185 @ roughly 14K or less for comparison.....

Macgyver

Quote from: ZSHO on November 10, 2018, 07:02:50 AM
Did a Battery reset/relearn via IDS! Time to Train the Redhead to relearn its values.  Z

So what did you use for the IDS reset ?

ZSHO

Quote from: Macgyver on November 10, 2018, 10:37:16 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on November 10, 2018, 07:02:50 AM

So what did you use for the IDS reset ?
Ford IDS/VCM!  Z